Tee times for someone just visiting

Closed Thread
Old 12-25-2022, 02:55 PM
Default Tee times for someone just visiting

Hi,

My wife and I are planning a visit (to the Village of Pine Ridge) for two weeks in January. We can get a temporary visitors pass when we arrive (but not before, I understand).

We are looking to play championship golf as much as we can and truly experience The Villages in peak season to see just what it is like that time of year. We were also thinking of trying out an executive course just to see what that is like.

We did a lifestyle visit in November and The Villages sales agent got us all our tee times so we know nothing about the process.

I understand it can be tough getting tee times. Is there anything we can do to book some time before we arrive, or are we just able to make tee times in advance once we get that temporary visitors pass?

I hear there is an app to buy which helps a lot. Any advice on that?

How hard is it to get tee times on the day of golf if we can't book in advance until we arrive?

Any recommendations on where to play that is near to where we are staying?

Sorry for all the questions. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dave
Old 12-25-2022, 03:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,914 Times in 4,142 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave5 View Post
Hi,

My wife and I are planning a visit (to the Village of Pine Ridge) for two weeks in January. We can get a temporary visitors pass when we arrive (but not before, I understand).

We are looking to play championship golf as much as we can and truly experience The Villages in peak season to see just what it is like that time of year. We were also thinking of trying out an executive course just to see what that is like.

We did a lifestyle visit in November and The Villages sales agent got us all our tee times so we know nothing about the process.

I understand it can be tough getting tee times. Is there anything we can do to book some time before we arrive, or are we just able to make tee times in advance once we get that temporary visitors pass?

I hear there is an app to buy which helps a lot. Any advice on that?

How hard is it to get tee times on the day of golf if we can't book in advance until we arrive?

Any recommendations on where to play that is near to where we are staying?

Sorry for all the questions. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dave
I would call the tee time office/ golf club administration and ask them what to do
Old 12-25-2022, 08:54 PM

You can call the course you want to play in the morning and they will tell what times they have open and book a time while you are on the phone. Morning tee times are the hardest to get the same day, but does happen. But you can golf most any day as long as you are somewhat flexible by calling the courses that morning.
Old 12-25-2022, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchad View Post
You can call the course you want to play in the morning and they will tell what times they have open and book a time while you are on the phone. Morning tee times are the hardest to get the same day, but does happen. But you can golf most any day as long as you are somewhat flexible by calling the courses that morning.
Thanks a bunch
Old 12-26-2022, 08:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,279 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchad View Post
This time of year, early morning times might be a bit easier to get, due to the colder temps...

-Tom Petty
Old 12-26-2022, 10:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Hi,

Dave

Until you get the ID number on the pass you are referring to the only way I can think of is to call a championship course and ask if there are any openings that day. The downfall of this even if successful is you will have to pay NR (non residents rates) until you get the pass.
Old 12-26-2022, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
Until you get the ID number on the pass you are referring to the only way I can think of is to call a championship course and ask if there are any openings that day. The downfall of this even if successful is you will have to pay NR (non residents rates) until you get the pass.
Thanks. I'm pretty sure we will be able to get the temporary resident passes the day we arrive, but if not, we can play the non-resident rate if necessary. We just want to get out and play.

The main reason we are coming in the middle of January is to get a feel for just how crowded it actually gets in TV in the winter. We know a lot of people complain about the crowds, but we really need to see for ourselves just how busy everything gets - if it's even possible to get tee times (or a table at a restaurant, for that matter).
Old 12-26-2022, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
This time of year, early morning times might be a bit easier to get, due to the colder temps...
Good to know. Thanks.
Old 12-27-2022, 07:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Thanks. I'm pretty sure we will be able to get the temporary resident passes the day we arrive, but if not, we can play the non-resident rate if necessary. We just want to get out and play.

The main reason we are coming in the middle of January is to get a feel for just how crowded it actually gets in TV in the winter. We know a lot of people complain about the crowds, but we really need to see for ourselves just how busy everything gets - if it's even possible to get tee times (or a table at a restaurant, for that matter).
Once you get your pass you can try to grab an open tee time the next three days by using a "reservation". You can book a tee time 3 to 7 days in advance by using a "request". Here is a must read for you:

Golf The Villages

Go to golfing the villages tab
OPen sub tab requesting a tee time

Last edited by rustyp; 12-27-2022 at 07:45 AM.
Old 12-27-2022, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
Once you get your pass you can try to grab an open tee time the next three days by using a "reservation". You can book a tee time 3 to 7 days in advance by using a "request". Here is a must read for you:

Golf The Villages

Go to golfing the villages tab
OPen sub tab requesting a tee time
Great. That was very helpful.
One quick question, by Golfer ID does that mean my Temporary Resident Pass ID?
Old 12-27-2022, 08:23 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,611 Times in 946 Posts

Quote:
Great. That was very helpful.
One quick question, by Golfer ID does that mean my Temporary Resident Pass ID?
Yes
Once you have that, you should be able to set up an account on thevillages dot net. You can do online tee times there.
You need to call to do that - i think the minimum is one month
Old 12-27-2022, 10:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,525 Times in 3,111 Posts

Quote:

If you want a temporary pass, the homeowner can request it in advance on your behalf. We have family who comes to visit a few times every year, and we fill out the form, hand it in, and the passes are in our hands to give to our family when they get to our house.

If you're renting from the Villages rental department, you'd have them set the pass up on your behalf and pick it up along with the key to your unit.
Old 12-28-2022, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
If you want a temporary pass, the homeowner can request it in advance on your behalf. We have family who comes to visit a few times every year, and we fill out the form, hand it in, and the passes are in our hands to give to our family when they get to our house.

If you're renting from the Villages rental department, you'd have them set the pass up on your behalf and pick it up along with the key to your unit.
Thank you so much for all your help. I can't tell you how great it has been to have such wonderful people willing to help us make the best out of our upcoming visit to TV.
Old 12-28-2022, 12:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,786 Times in 1,248 Posts

Your/any sales agent would probably help. Or maybe theperson you are renting from.

The TeeTime System is a bit daunting the first time, but not so bad after.The TeeTime System is a bit daunting/non-intuitive the first time, but not so bad after learning.
Old 12-29-2022, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Hi,

Dave,

I want to add a little to the good advice you've gotten so far.

I wouldn't worry about getting tee times for Championship golf. I have friends that play four or five times a week. The automated tee time system is awesome although a little hard to learn at first, as someone mentioned. But as long as you get an "Enhanced" membership (currently $777 per year) you should be able to play as often, and the course, you want, most of the time.

Executive is a little more difficult—they are free and villagers are notoriously cheap. It depends how you submit your request. It depends on your current "rating" (perfect is zero).The time of year. How many courses you offer and how desirable the courses. The length of the timespan.

Your "rating" is more or less how many times you've played an exec course in the past seven days(Championship courses give a separate rating). Also, you are penalized points for cancelling a tee time (not cancelling a request). Let's say you submit the following request(you'll need to do this 4-7 days before Monday):

Play Date of Request: 1/05/2023 - Monday
Courses: Pelican, Bogart, Bacall
Time to Play: 10:00
Earliest Time: 9:30
Latest Time: 11:30
Preference (Course or Time): Course

You're saying you'd like to tee off at Pelican at 10am but you'd accept Bogart or Bacall, and anytime between 9:30am to 11:30am.

If you (and your partners) are a zero, you will almost definitely get Pelican at around 10am. However, if you submit the same request for Tue, Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat. You'll probably get notices indicating that your requests couldn't be fulfilled for some of the days. Your only option is to add more courses and a longer time span. Nothing is guaranteed and I've gotten shut out occasionally. But even if you are shut out you can always go back to the automated tee time system and check on actual tee times available over the next few days(select "view Open Tee Times"). Here is where you discover the most popular courses. I just did this now for those three courses and found that tomorrow, between 9am and 3pm, there's nothing open for a twosome. There are around a dozen openings for a single. I did it for a less desirable course and found around four openings for a twosome.

Last edited by Flyers999; 12-29-2022 at 04:03 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
tee, times, arrive, villages, golf

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.