Too many family members to golf

Old 03-23-2024, 07:11 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts
Default Too many family members to golf

I have 6 family guest members that would like to golf. Can they play without me in the group? If so, how would you schedule a tee time on The Villages tee time system ( Villages.net)?
Old 03-23-2024, 08:15 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,043 Times in 369 Posts

They can definitely play without you. You should be able to book two open times, one with you and guests, the other group as your guests. As for requesting tee times in advance, that I am not familiar with. Enjoy for family.
Old 03-23-2024, 08:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,087 Times in 2,748 Posts

You neglected to say which kind of golf, Championship or Executive. During busy season you will have extreme difficulty booking 6 guests on an Executive, especially with several courses closed. You may get times if they are willing to play at sunrise or very late in the day pushing dark. You will have better luck getting times at the Championship courses, especially very early in the morning or late in the PM wave. Make sure your guests are prepared to pay $86 each, including taxes, on the Champs. The t time system will allow you to book times for guests, or you can call the courses the day of play and ask what’s available. In general, courses tend to be less crowded on weekends, especially Sundays. Good luck.
Old 03-23-2024, 09:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,783 Times in 1,245 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
I have 6 family guest members that would like to golf. Can they play without me in the group? If so, how would you schedule a tee time on The Villages tee time system ( Villages.net)?
For the best chance, put an advanced request via Villages.net. Find someone who has access if you don't.

Select as wide a play time window and add as many courses the players are ok to travel to as possible.
Old 03-23-2024, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altavia View Post
For the best chance, put an advanced request via Villages.net. Find someone who has access if you don't.
The owner of the account has to be included in the request.
Old 03-24-2024, 04:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlington2 View Post
I have an account, but I can't play with them. Do I add me then let another family member play in my place when they get to the course?
Old 03-24-2024, 05:08 PM

On golfthevillages.com it indicates there is no need for a resident to be among the players - just a resident or guest 19 or over. Since you have 6 family members you can put in for 7 including yourself and then either cancel yourself after the reservation is assigned or be a no show. Depends on whether you care about cancellation points. Or you can try to replace yourself with a guest and see if the system accepts it.
Old 03-24-2024, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlington2 View Post
The owner of the account does not have to be in the request. The owner of the account can enter all guests of theirs. Try it. Create a request for 4 golfers, specifying there are guests in the request. Enter yourself 4 times selecting the guest option on each. Works like a charm.
Old 03-25-2024, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchad View Post
The owner of the account does not have to be in the request. The owner of the account can enter all guests of theirs. Try it. Create a request for 4 golfers, specifying there are guests in the request. Enter yourself 4 times selecting the guest option on each. Works like a charm.
I tried it, it works. That's good info. Mea culpa. I admit I had not tried for unaccompanied guests.
Old 03-26-2024, 08:42 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchad View Post
Thank you. I'll give it a try.

Tags
time, family, members, golf, tee

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.