TV Championship course ratings

Closed Thread
Old 09-19-2016, 02:18 PM
Default TV Championship course ratings

I will be visiting TV at the end of the month. I would be interested in hearing some feedback regarding the best championship clubs to play while I'm there. Thank you.
Old 09-19-2016, 05:03 PM
Sage
Location: the villages since 04. Lived in Alaska, Texas, California, Massachusetts, Maine, Maryland, New York
Thanked 7,026 Times in 1,207 Posts

Depends on aeration schedule and overseed schedule. You can find that information on golfthevillages.com. you can also see all the scorecards, ratings etc it you click on the course.
Old 09-19-2016, 05:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

At Mallory Hill the Caroline nine would be my vote for the toughest. However hole #5 a Par 5 is temporarily a Par 3 while they do some improvements to that hole. That is suppose to be finished very soon because the green fees go up Oct 1st. Otherwise as alemorkam posted, Golf the Villages has all the info short of actually going out and playing. For all the peripheral stuff, go to the "Good Golf School" that is put on once a month on a Thursday at Colony Cottage Rec Center. That website should have the info, or page 2 of the Sun Sports Section will have it as well.
Old 09-19-2016, 06:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbgolfer View Post
I will be visiting TV at the end of the month. I would be interested in hearing some feedback regarding the best championship clubs to play while I'm there. Thank you.
In my humble opinion, the Laurel Valley to Riley Grove rotation at Palmer Legends is the most scenic 18 in The Villages...and one of the toughest in total.

As mentioned above though, Caroline at Mallory is a pretty tough 9 holes too...but is easier since #5 is still playing as a par 3 instead of a par 5.

But hole #7 on Caroline...is the one that drives me nuts.
Old 09-20-2016, 08:21 AM
Gold member
Default Depends

This is really subjective. It mostly depends on your priorities and abilities. Toughest nines to me are Caroline on Mallory and the back nine on Tierra del Sol. If you want "real" rough, you would want to play Palmer. If you want the opportunity to score, the easiest nines would be Virginia on Caroline or Palms nine on Hacienda Hills. Overall my favorite courses are Havana, Mallory and Cane Garden for no reason other than I like the layout of each. And I agree with one of the previous posters - No. 7 on Caroline is a bear; probably the toughest hole in TV.
Old 09-21-2016, 02:21 PM
Default Thank you

Thank you to everyone for your responses. You've been helpful.
Think I'll play the Palmer - Lopez and then figure out the next most scenic one.
Looking forward to getting there and seeing what it is all about.
Thank you again.
Closed Thread

Tags
championship, clubs, feedback, you.gc, play

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.