TV T Time System

Closed Thread
Old 02-15-2016, 09:08 AM

Normally if you make a request 5-7 days in advance (the earlier the better), you will get to play.
Old 02-15-2016, 09:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkay718 View Post
Normally if you make a request 5-7 days in advance (the earlier the better), you will get to play.
I am not sure if when you put your request in makes any difference. I think it's points, courses, and the size of your time window. And, of course, the amount in your group.
Old 02-15-2016, 09:22 AM
Sage

Quote:
This is not the case. When you put in a request has no bearing as long as it is in ON TIME for the 'drawing' (3 days in advance).
Old 02-15-2016, 09:28 AM
Soaring Eagle member

With regards to the executive courses, it is 3-7 days in advance and I do not believe it matters when you make the request within that window of time. The requests are apparently processed between 12:00 and 12:30 AM 3 days in advance. For example, to play on friday, have your request in by 11:59 PM (or so) on monday. At 12:30AM on tuesday you will see what course and time you have been assigned or you will be informed that your request could not be satisfied. You can also receive e-mail notification.

If you have a large number of points and/or request few courses and/or have a narrow window of time and/or have a large group, you may not get a tee time this time of year.

Quote:

Last edited by tuccillo; 02-15-2016 at 09:33 AM.
Old 02-15-2016, 09:54 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,782 Times in 3,648 Posts

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Old 02-16-2016, 11:05 AM
Gold member
Default Work around...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeV View Post
I recently put in a a request for all courses below 466 with only 4 golfers. No one had any points. One person was a guest. How is it possible not to get a T Time? I had a 4 hour window of times to golf. Was it because of the quest? You would think TV would like to accommodate guests so they could experience golf in TV.
you put your tee time in with 4 residents. One resident knows this, but agrees not to play. When you show up at the starters shack you tell them so-and-so can't play and you'd like to include this non-resident. Voila!

Now this would not work if there is a waiting list of residents for any tee time at that course, but I've never heard of it.
Old 02-16-2016, 10:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred53 View Post
you put your tee time in with 4 residents. One resident knows this, but agrees not to play. When you show up at the starters shack you tell them so-and-so can't play and you'd like to include this non-resident. Voila!

Now this would not work if there is a waiting list of residents for any tee time at that course, but I've never heard of it.
Yes, that will work, but they monitor this. Called the "ghost golfer". If it's done frequently, it can result in suspended golf privileges.
Old 02-16-2016, 11:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
I've wondered if putting in an early request gives golfers an advantage.
It was my understanding that as long as a request is made prior to assignment time, that an early request isn't important.
Experienced golfers seem to have conflicting opinions.
Old 02-17-2016, 05:06 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeod View Post
Yes, that will work, but they monitor this. Called the "ghost golfer". If it's done frequently, it can result in suspended golf privileges.
The use of ghost golfers is a despicable practice and should result in a suspension of privileges and each time repeated by the same offender result in a longer suspension period of time
Old 02-17-2016, 11:17 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,043 Times in 369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeod View Post
I think that if a person "cheated" just to get a tee time, they would most likely cheat and lie once they are on the course. Not someone I would want to associate with. I have seen posts from the OP, and highly doubt he would use this ruse. And from seeing your previous posts, I highly doubt you would either.
Old 02-17-2016, 04:10 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
I think that if a person "cheated" just to get a tee time, they would most likely cheat and lie once they are on the course. Not someone I would want to associate with. I have seen posts from the OP, and highly doubt he would use this ruse. And from seeing your previous posts, I highly doubt you would either.
bagboy: That reminds me of a guy I worked for. He cheated and did it badly so much so that the guys at the office made up a long poem about him. All I can remember was

"and when he made a hole in one"
"he thought himself a hero
"so when he went"
" to marked his score
"he gave himself zero"
Old 02-17-2016, 04:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:

This is called cheating. Do it enough times and you will be watching not playing.
Old 02-17-2016, 04:48 PM
Bosoxfan

Quote:
The earlier the better in your scenario means nothing. It doesn't matter wether you put your tee time request in 7 days in advance or waited until the last minute. Placement points run the show.
Old 02-17-2016, 04:51 PM
Bosoxfan

Quote:

I know someone who did what you're saying on a regular basis and he got caught and lost his golfing priveledges for a year. That's called trying to get around the system & it's not fair to the residents of the villages.
Old 02-17-2016, 04:59 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,043 Times in 369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
bagboy: That reminds me of a guy I worked for. He cheated and did it badly so much so that the guys at the office made up a long poem about him. All I can remember was

"and when he made a hole in one"
"he thought himself a hero
"so when he went"
" to marked his score
"he gave himself zero"
LOL, that is funny...and I can almost believe someone would do that.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, time, times, experience, system, window, hour, quest, accommodate, guests, golfers, courses, request, recently, guest, points, person, put

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.