TV T Time System

Closed Thread
Old 01-10-2016, 01:50 PM
Gold member
Default TV T Time System

I recently put in a a request for all courses below 466 with only 4 golfers. No one had any points. One person was a guest. How is it possible not to get a T Time? I had a 4 hour window of times to golf. Was it because of the quest? You would think TV would like to accommodate guests so they could experience golf in TV.
Old 01-10-2016, 02:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeV View Post
I recently put in a a request for all courses below 466 with only 4 golfers. No one had any points. One person was a guest. How is it possible not to get a T Time? I had a 4 hour window of times to golf. Was it because of the quest? You would think TV would like to accommodate guests so they could experience golf in TV.
From golfthevillages.com

"We encourage you to attend our complimentary Good Golf School, in which The Villages Tee Time System is discussed in depth. Please call us at 750-4558, to schedule yourself for the next available school!"
Old 01-10-2016, 02:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

How many of the three non-guests were priority members and was the guest with a priority member? The "points" are only used to break ties, so if you had 3 non priority villagers and a non priority guest, you had 2+2+2+7=13, if all priority members 1+1+1+6=9, and you might be competing with foursomes ranging from 4 to 8. Your 0 points only helps once they got to the 9 or 13 level of assigning tee times.
Old 01-10-2016, 02:17 PM

Quote:
It is because of your "Guest"... There is a 2-tier point system. First one is "Placement" points, the Second is "Play" points. The "Placement" points is what got you. Having a "Guest" means that your request is processed *AFTER* every other request that contains all Resident Villagers, no matter how many points the Resident Villagers had.

It's all explained in the Villages Golf Guide.
Old 01-10-2016, 02:21 PM
Veteran member
Default No Tee Time

By all courses, do you mean executive AND championship? But if it was for executive-only in prime hours -- mid-morning to early afternoon -- it's possible to get denied. Remember, the snowbirds don't have a lot of points either. As suggested, contacting the reservations people may get better insight.
Old 01-10-2016, 02:41 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
We had the same thing happen with no points and no guests for exec courses north or south of 466.
Old 02-14-2016, 12:56 PM

How does one find out how many points he/she has against them?
Old 02-14-2016, 02:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakemass56 View Post
How does one find out how many points he/she has against them?
The online system has this information under - Review Play History.
Old 02-14-2016, 02:24 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I do tee times for a large group every week and having a guest will impact your ability to get a tee time this time of year. I assume you were referring to the executive courses??

Quote:
Old 02-14-2016, 02:59 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Mike I assume by your description "all courses below"....that you are referring to executive courses. With no points your guest also would carry no points.
The Tee Time system goofed somehow.

If my assumption is wrong and you were referring to championship Priority takes precedent and with the priority program believe it or not priority member and guest take precedent over priority member and a resident without priority.

finally as you know this is prime season. There was another thread concerning renting and this is prime seasonal resident and rental season and The Villages allows renters to stand in the place of residents who rent their homes. Consequently there are more request for golf than allotted tee times
Old 02-14-2016, 05:21 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

There are two sets of points. Your points that you receive after each round play a small part in determining whether or not you get a reservation. Much more important are the placement points. For a championship course reservation, a priority member resident has 1 point. A non-priority member resident has 6 points. Fewerer points win. So you can see that going up against priority members in the winter season is difficult.
Old 02-14-2016, 07:08 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Please see post #4 as I believe it is correct with respect to the impact of guests on when your tee time request is evaluated, if you are referring to executive courses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Mike I assume by your description "all courses below"....that you are referring to executive courses. With no points your guest also would carry no points.
The Tee Time system goofed somehow.

If my assumption is wrong and you were referring to championship Priority takes precedent and with the priority program believe it or not priority member and guest take precedent over priority member and a resident without priority.

finally as you know this is prime season. There was another thread concerning renting and this is prime seasonal resident and rental season and The Villages allows renters to stand in the place of residents who rent their homes. Consequently there are more request for golf than allotted tee times
Old 02-14-2016, 07:11 PM
Soaring Eagle member

You may need to increase the number of courses and expand the window of time. Adding courses that are not as popular may also help (i.e. Pelican).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
We had the same thing happen with no points and no guests for exec courses north or south of 466.
Old 02-14-2016, 11:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

This time of year guest is the kiss of death on the executive courses.
Old 02-15-2016, 08:52 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
This time of year guest is the kiss of death on the executive courses.
For sure and to further quantify the issue this time of year... This AM, I looked for a time for Thursday on any executive.

There is not a single tee time for a twosome between 8:41 and 4:02.

That surprised me...

Tags
golf, time, times, experience, system, window, hour, quest, accommodate, guests, golfers, courses, request, recently, guest, points, person, put

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.