"Village" specific course rules...

Closed Thread
Old 08-07-2012, 07:17 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Rules is rules whether you play Executive coruses or Championship Courses so I always cary a copy of the USGA rules in my back pocket when I play
At least that is what I tell ambassadors when they ask if we can move a little faster along with then does that mean you don't want us to repair divots on the fairway and greens?

By the way to take a double par score when you have holed on Executive courses is called the "Callaway Rule"in The Villages. Its all about "Ready Golf" meaning we have too many people on the course so get your butts in gear and your playing from the wrong tees so move up.
Slow play is "killing golf". Too many double digit handicap golfers who think they are Professional and playing for thousands of dollars! You are so right Rubicon. We watch professional golf but forget they have a caddy. So just get up to the tee and hit the $#@%#$ ball. Oh yeah, USGA is encouraging the amateur golfer to use forward tees. I see golfers all the time from my lanai hitting from the blue or black tees and ending up with a 190 yard shot into the par 4 green. They are only fooling themselves and slowing up course play.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:17 PM
Gold member

Just my 2 cents worth!

I play in a foursome twice a week on a semi-private club in So. Fl.
None of us are that good - we all shoot in the low 90's sometimes mid to high 80's sometimes high 90's.

Basically we always take "double par" as the highest score. This keeps things moving and hopefully keeps the frustrations down (although I doubt it). Mind you, this is NOT tournament golf - just 4 guys having fun.

Also, if you keep your handicap With GHIN you are only supposed to record a certain highest number per hole (ESC_Equitable Stroke Control) depending on your handicap. Of course this is for handicap purposes only - not for score.

Basically, whatever you all agree on.

Everyone is pushing for "Play it forward." This is where you SHOULD play the proper tees for your handicap. Too many times I have seen folks thinking they were going to hit it 350 yards only to maybe hit it 150 !!!!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.