The villages.net

Closed Thread
Old 05-08-2023, 06:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanC View Post
If you need to reset your password, you have to call.
That’s the issue after 5pm on Friday until Monday morning. There should be an easier way to reset password.
Perhaps. But the easier it is to reset your password, the easier it is for a hacker to hijack your account.
Old 05-08-2023, 07:56 AM

I've been using the online golf scheduling system since 2004 with no problems ... 24/7. It was free for a while, then they started charging the $8 a month, which still is a pretty good deal.
Old 05-08-2023, 08:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnie View Post
I've been using the online golf scheduling system since 2004 with no problems ... 24/7. It was free for a while, then they started charging the $8 a month, which still is a pretty good deal.
Agree. Somehow people think all computer driven systems are "free". Unfortunately, you need hardware such as servers, routers, switches all of which have to be maintained and eventually replaced. You need a network administrator and probably a programmer, as well as some worker bees to monitor the system. You need space for the equipment, which has to be kept quite cool, both of which cost $$$. And despite all this it only costs $8/month, and for those who don't want to pay even that, there is an alternative----the phone (Alexander Graham Bell, 1876)
Old 05-08-2023, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarguy View Post
Go to “Good Golf School “.
Exactly!
Old 05-08-2023, 08:33 AM

There’s a phone system too that allows you to make tee times. It’s more complicated than using villages.net but at least you can make a tee time. If you know course and time you want to play, it’s probably pretty easy to use. Especially if it’s within 3 days and not a week. I’m assuming you yourself don’t have access to villages.net?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldj1938 View Post
Why is this the only way to access the golf schedule? There is no customer service after five pm Friday. So I have company with no access to the tee times. Why?
Old 05-08-2023, 08:54 AM
Veteran member

As a single looking for available tee times the day before, I've never had a problem using the free phone system. However, there are several Executive courses that never show up on the phone system: Saratoga, Santiago, Grey Fox, Red Fox, and 2 others south of 44.
Only Lowlands shows up on occasion.
Old 05-08-2023, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcar View Post
Sorry you are incorrect, you can schedule tee time over the phone system free of charge 24/7. The villages.net is much faster and easier.
Actually available 23/7. One hour per day for maintenance or updating (probably to schedule tee times). Believe it's 12-1am, when Villagers are fast asleep.
Old 05-08-2023, 05:56 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,760 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldj1938 View Post
Why is this the only way to access the golf schedule? There is no customer service after five pm Friday. So I have company with no access to the tee times. Why?
Hummm, had it for many years now. Their office hours should not affect your being able to access the website. Are you sure it's not an internet problem of your internet provider. Maybe just exceptionally lucky, but in all those years never had a problem accessing access, but do always do it on my laptop, not phone or tablet (if that makes any difference ?) Also, don't forget, if you have company and thevillages.net is not working for you, there is a free phone access you can call for a time.
Old 05-08-2023, 06:00 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,760 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcar View Post
Sorry you are incorrect, you can schedule tee time over the phone system free of charge 24/7. The villages.net is much faster and easier.
Yes, the poster seemed a bit confused. Free phone reservation 24/7, and if one takes the on line $8 service, it is also accessible 24/7/365, so there must be some misunderstanding if they think the villages.net OFFICE hours effect when one can reserve Tee times !
Old 05-09-2023, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Foster View Post
You can also call the starter shack of the course of your choice, on the day you want to play, to see if they have an open tee time for that day.
Only for exec courses
Old 05-09-2023, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVTVTV View Post
Actually available 23/7. One hour per day for maintenance or updating (probably to schedule tee times). Believe it's 12-1am, when Villagers are fast asleep.
You Are correct
Old 05-22-2023, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
Yes, the poster seemed a bit confused. Free phone reservation 24/7, and if one takes the on line $8 service, it is also accessible 24/7/365, so there must be some misunderstanding if they think the villages.net OFFICE hours effect when one can reserve Tee times !
Does this .net thing allow one to see what kinds of groups are already signed up for tee times? For example, if I'm looking to join a group as a single, would I be able to pick out which tee times have fewer than four signed up to play? If so, does the system allow one to join such a "less than full" group? And, if so, would doing so be considered "bad form"?
Old 05-22-2023, 08:43 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,608 Times in 945 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mntlblok View Post
Does this .net thing allow one to see what kinds of groups are already signed up for tee times? For example, if I'm looking to join a group as a single, would I be able to pick out which tee times have fewer than four signed up to play? If so, does the system allow one to join such a "less than full" group? And, if so, would doing so be considered "bad form"?
YES - you can see groups less than 4. You also see the genders of who has the tee time i.e. 2M1F Or 1M1F

It’s not bad form to join a tee time. Happens all the time.
Old 05-22-2023, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mntlblok View Post
Found this:

Some of the features our residents enjoy via internet (TheVillages.net)
access are:
1. Viewing of “Open Tee Times”
2. View gender of players in an open tee time
3. Visual confirmation of players’ names in both
request and reservation options
4. Review of play history
5. Group Templates
6. Course Templates

Sounds like an "open tee time" must have "some" players already signed up. "Review of play history" sounds intriguing. :-) Wonder what *that* includes. :-)
Old 05-22-2023, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
YES - you can see groups less than 4. You also see the genders of who has the tee time i.e. 2M1F Or 1M1F

It’s not bad form to join a tee time. Happens all the time.
Thank you! Great to know. Are F's more fun to play with than M's??
Closed Thread

Tags
access, times, tee, company, friday

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.