What do you think of this ?

Closed Thread
Old 04-11-2020, 12:13 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
Plus the boxes of donuts and box of Joe......
Remember that when you need their help, they risk their lives every day for you. Should not be made a joke of. You wouldn’t do it for what they get paid.
Old 04-11-2020, 12:36 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,666 Times in 943 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
To quote Petula Clark from "Don't sleep in the Subway"----"We've heard this all a million times"

For those that still have reading comprehension issues:

Stay at home means stay at home, EXCEPT for essential service and activities, of which golf is one of them.

So you stay home, hiding under your bed, while the rest of us get some exercise.
Standing around drinking beer is not on the list of allowed activities. And that is what they were doing.
Old 04-11-2020, 12:40 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld315 View Post
After playing today, my wife, my brother -in-law and myself went to TDS takeout, ordered some beers to go and found a nice place to park our carts, 10 feet from each other. Three of us having a beer and practicing social distancing. Sounds good right ? An ambassador stopped by us and told us that we couldn't be having large gatherings and that we needed to go ? A large gathering, 3 people with 10 feet between us. Really ? I questioned him about it and he said he was just the messenger. Sorry he has to deliver a message where obviously nobody can use common sense and see that are following the guidelines.
Wow, no shortage of people helping you live your life correctly. Seeing how you’re doing it so wrong.

For those who continue to insist if everyone would just stay home for a time period they deem to be the correct amount would end Covid-19 sooner that is simply not the case. It is in fact likely making it last longer. The point of that is to try to drag it on longer so medical facilities can keep up (not be overwhelmed).

If you’re willing to listen, both state and federal government is encouraging people to get out an exercise. I haven’t heard any “experts” who don’t encourage responsible social interaction. Mental health is important too.
Old 04-11-2020, 01:49 PM
Smile Those few special persons

Quote:
Originally Posted by BS Beef View Post
Wow, no shortage of people helping you live your life correctly. Seeing how you’re doing it so wrong.

For those who continue to insist if everyone would just stay home for a time period they deem to be the correct amount would end Covid-19 sooner that is simply not the case. It is in fact likely making it last longer. The point of that is to try to drag it on longer so medical facilities can keep up (not be overwhelmed).

If you’re willing to listen, both state and federal government is encouraging people to get out an exercise. I haven’t heard any “experts” who don’t encourage responsible social interaction. Mental health is important too.
1. We all know, of course, that there are those that will NOT take advice and will NOT listen to even the smartest people on earth when it comes to what looks like coercion.
2. As for responsible interaction, there is a relatively strong minority of persons, IMHO, who cannot put a curb on their silliness, even if it means dying. Must be from NH: Live free or Die. I should know; that's my state.
Old 04-11-2020, 01:49 PM
Default What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelhunter View Post
It’s a shame that the ambassador had to risk his own safety to attempt to keep you and others in your group safe.
Too bad he wasn’t able to intervene in the activities that caused seven people in Sumter county to get the virus and die
Why did we need to see this?
Old 04-11-2020, 02:17 PM
Default Ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
Stay at home means stay at home...I would love to hear why anyone thinks they have the right not to do so..Other than emergency or gathering essentials
I'm an avid golfer and having any of the golf courses open just encourages people to risk their health and the health others
Ok, I think I have the right not to do so. The right to peaceful assembly is guaranteed under the first and fourteenth amendments, and I do not believe a group of less than 10 people staying 6 feet apart presents a clear and present danger to public safety.

What is truly scary about this mania is how quickly normal citizens not only allow their rights to be trampled, but the are willing to become nanny state enforcers, reporting on their neighbors, etc.

27 people died in Sumter county in 2017 of the seasonal flu, and I don't recall being put under martial law then.
Old 04-11-2020, 03:03 PM

You can see from this thread that a lot of people feel we should support the insanity of accusing three people ten feet apart of safety violations.

Why do they support the ambassador - the messenger?

Answer = they adhere to the letter of the law .. they never speed, they always come to a full stop, and they do exactly as they are told by the authority figures. They are good people to follow every rule.

Do we wonder how Socrates or Plato or any historical philosopher would react to authority figures making no sense? Isn't it our obligation to force people to think?

Compliments on the person starting this chain.
Old 04-11-2020, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevjudbaker View Post
I have been very impressed with the amount of people wearing masks going into Winn Dixie & the UPS store.
We drive around Brownwood Square and no one was wearing a mask. I see a forever stream of golf carts flying down the roads with people wearing no masks The virus stays in the air for a bit. If someone sneezes that has the virus your golf cart is not going to protect you. If everyone wore a Hat, mask & washed their hands before touching their face this virus may end soon so we can get on with our lives. Those people ignoring the guidelines especially not wearing a mask are just prolonging the stay at home rule for the rest of us. We were going to pick up food from Brownwood but after seeing people standing closely in a line waiting for food, no one wearing mask & golf carts flying by not stopping at stop signs we won't be picking up food for a long while.
really -- you expect a high concentration of virus particles to be JUST FLYING IN THE WIND -- ridiculous
Old 04-11-2020, 03:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,915 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevjudbaker View Post
I have been very impressed with the amount of people wearing masks going into Winn Dixie & the UPS store.
We drive around Brownwood Square and no one was wearing a mask. I see a forever stream of golf carts flying down the roads with people wearing no masks The virus stays in the air for a bit. If someone sneezes that has the virus your golf cart is not going to protect you. If everyone wore a Hat, mask & washed their hands before touching their face this virus may end soon so we can get on with our lives. Those people ignoring the guidelines especially not wearing a mask are just prolonging the stay at home rule for the rest of us. We were going to pick up food from Brownwood but after seeing people standing closely in a line waiting for food, no one wearing mask & golf carts flying by not stopping at stop signs we won't be picking up food for a long while.

You should be about 1000 times more afraid of the golf carts being driven recklessly than the infinitesimal chance you get the virus from particles floating around in the air
Old 04-11-2020, 03:43 PM

Let me tell you folks that this is serious. Im here in NY and stay at home is what we're doing. Only going out of the house to buy food. And only once a week wearing gloves and a mask. And thank goodness people are all starting to wear a mask or covering over their face. All it takes is one person and you guys down there are in trouble. The weather is beautiful down there. Sit in your Lanai's, organize things in your home, Etc. Reading a lot of comments these past several weeks, I can't believe how some people still don't get it. Do not congregate. Go for your walks or cart rides etc. but not with other people . Don't want to see people get very ill or worse as well.. Stay safe everyone and do your part to keep others safe also.
Old 04-11-2020, 04:11 PM

Frankly, I don't see why the golf courses have to be open either--that is not essential. Many of us cannot do what we love to do so the golfers should not be golfing either. Get a little putting range at your home and practice there.
Old 04-11-2020, 04:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default Golf

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpuleo View Post
Frankly, I don't see why the golf courses have to be open either--that is not essential. Many of us cannot do what we love to do so the golfers should not be golfing either. Get a little putting range at your home and practice there.
Are you thinking because you can not do what you want nobody else can do what they enjoy?
Old 04-11-2020, 05:34 PM
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJackpot View Post
Pauld315: We stopped at a small recreational area on the golf cart path, just a few minutes from TDS, where they have some picnic tables. A few small groups were there as well to share some social time and drinks with friends. And please if you're so inclined, don't start with the stay at home comments....not interested.
I believe you originally asked what do you think of this. Was this to elicit only comments you wanted to agree with you and none that you don't want to consider?
Old 04-11-2020, 05:47 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisbad1 View Post
Remember that when you need their help, they risk their lives every day for you. Should not be made a joke of. You wouldn’t do it for what they get paid.
Actually being retired military and having law enforcement family I do often joke about it. FGY.

Last edited by DonH57; 04-11-2020 at 07:09 PM.
Old 04-11-2020, 07:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,915 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpuleo View Post
Idiotic argument and an idiotic suggestion.
At least TRY to make a cogent point, other than sour grapes

However, I applaud your honesty. Most of the "no golf" crowd won't admit they're jealous , instead they hide behind an argument of some perceived risk
Closed Thread

Tags
large, feet, people, gathering, needed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.