What do you think of this ?

Closed Thread
Old 04-11-2020, 08:32 AM

What does TDS stand for?
Old 04-11-2020, 08:42 AM

tierra del sol. wife and i were there golfing and guilty of trying a have a quick beer with our friends. ambassador politely had us leave area, we then went to back, ordered our fish fingers. while waiting, saw 4 gentleman golfers pull up, parked their 4 carts apart, then walked up to the ordering table and stood shoulder to shoulder ordering a drink. guess they did not hear my 6 ft. comment. going to lose our golf if we do not adhere.
Old 04-11-2020, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld315 View Post
After playing today, my wife, my brother -in-law and myself went to TDS takeout, ordered some beers to go and found a nice place to park our carts, 10 feet from each other. Three of us having a beer and practicing social distancing. Sounds good right ? An ambassador stopped by us and told us that we couldn't be having large gatherings and that we needed to go ? A large gathering, 3 people with 10 feet between us. Really ? I questioned him about it and he said he was just the messenger. Sorry he has to deliver a message where obviously nobody can use common sense and see that are following the guidelines.
Similar thing happened to us at Evans Prairie. We thanked ambassador for his concern and stayed in parking lot under shade. (All carts were at least 6 feet apart).

Also some homeowner took our pic while we were on the course; not sure why as we were a threesome, each in her own cart, maintains social distance.
Old 04-11-2020, 10:15 AM

What is TDS?
Old 04-11-2020, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soniak4@gmail.com View Post
Let me tell you why!!! There are many, I repeat, many players who continue to gather after they play 18 holes to “shoot the poop”. People, who don’t play golf, are reporting them. Also, the Morse family is getting THOUSANDS of calls, emails, letters every day from people who think the golf courses should be closed. So, if you want the courses to get closed, keep gathering. If you want them to open, go home and gather.
Just an FYI. Thirty six states including Florida have permitted certain recreation activities such as golf remain open. If you don’t like that ruling complain to your government official. And just as an example, I may not like the outrageous behavior of those here in the Villages who frequently over indulge on spirits at each town square but I don’t see anyone doing anything, including law enforcement, about that
Old 04-11-2020, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donassaid View Post
We had a similar experience yesterday playing at Glenview except we were in the parking lot tallying up scores but also keeping our distance. We were told by an Ambassador that TV would shut down golf if we were allowed to do that.
Everyone’s a boss.
Old 04-11-2020, 10:23 AM

Also, it is against the law to drink alcohol while sitting in your golf cart. It is the same as drinking while sitting in your car. Ask the sheriff if you don't believe me.
Old 04-11-2020, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickleballer3 View Post
What does TDS stand for?
Thanks for asking. Am wondering the same thing. Hope we get an answer.
Old 04-11-2020, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne17 View Post
What is TDS?
Am also wondering. Hope we get an answer.
Old 04-11-2020, 11:15 AM

I would like to know too.
Old 04-11-2020, 11:18 AM
TOTV Moderator

Tierra del Sol. The golf course.
Old 04-11-2020, 11:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,717 Times in 5,245 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal195z View Post
Also, it is against the law to drink alcohol while sitting in your golf cart. It is the same as drinking while sitting in your car. Ask the sheriff if you don't believe me.
Thanks, but I'll take your word for it. I don't feel like asking the Sheriff.
Old 04-11-2020, 11:48 AM

We had no problem sitting in parking lot of TDS after golf, ordered some take out and had a drink with the villages secruity vehicle near us, we asked if we were OK and were told yes, no problems. Last week we got take out from Spanish Springs Gators and sat in town square listening to music with our own chairs, cops were present and never told us to leave. We are always careful with distancing and other precatuions.. Please no nasty comments, just telling you what happened and both times no one said a word to us.
Old 04-11-2020, 12:03 PM

I have been very impressed with the amount of people wearing masks going into Winn Dixie & the UPS store.
We drive around Brownwood Square and no one was wearing a mask. I see a forever stream of golf carts flying down the roads with people wearing no masks The virus stays in the air for a bit. If someone sneezes that has the virus your golf cart is not going to protect you. If everyone wore a Hat, mask & washed their hands before touching their face this virus may end soon so we can get on with our lives. Those people ignoring the guidelines especially not wearing a mask are just prolonging the stay at home rule for the rest of us. We were going to pick up food from Brownwood but after seeing people standing closely in a line waiting for food, no one wearing mask & golf carts flying by not stopping at stop signs we won't be picking up food for a long while.
Old 04-11-2020, 12:04 PM

Somewhere between those who are still trying to live as if everything is normal, and those who would have us all hiding under the bed for the next 6 months, is that elusive and not-so-common thing called common sense.

It’s reported that 96% of all cases are classified as “mild”, and that 98+% of all cases make a full recovery. Even so, none of us know who would fall into that small category of those who have either a critical case or a death. That’s enough to take this seriously, even with the odds in humanity’s favor.

That said, fresh air and exercise are good for us, both physically and mentally. Unless social distancing is blatantly being ignored, the ambassadors chasing us off walking paths seems kind of ridiculous, which happened to me earlier this week. The Belmont course is closed for maintenance, but the path was being used by walkers and bikers, and it’s a place that affords hundreds of feet of distance between people. No one was walking on the grass that was being aerated and fertilized.

We all left, but I've since observed so many people and carts all bunched up at the various courses. What sense does that make, and where’s the consistency of the rule application?

Then to hear of cops breaking up a small group of people on carts who were staying apart? I don’t know.....that scares me almost as much as the threat of this virus. We are only a couple steps away from being asked for our papers!

Stay safe and stay SANE.
Closed Thread

Tags
large, feet, people, gathering, needed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.