What's with these greens??

Closed Thread
Old 07-24-2014, 01:50 PM
Gold member

Number 8 at Briarwood. No qualified and responsible greens keeper would put the pin in the same location this often. The photo perspective does not show how close together these placements are. About a six foot radius. Imagine how much traffic that part of the green has had lately.

The Villages Florida
Old 07-24-2014, 02:00 PM
Gold member

The Villages do not hire qualified pin setters for the executive courses...how do I know? I was one...a qualified pin setter.
Old 07-24-2014, 02:59 PM
Sage
Default Based on site policy...

Based on site policy and the fact I enjoy TOTV, I will not post the exact sentiment I would like to here...

I posted a fake rumor this AM thinking I was kidding around. It was Most of the senior maintenance staff are snowbirds? IMO, a rumor so ludicrous on its face I figured everyone will know it has to be made up. I never considered someone would think that it could be true.

Folks, for the record, I do not know any of the senior maintenance staff for TV golf courses, nor am I privy to their personal lives.

Phew, glad we cleared that up
Old 07-24-2014, 08:58 PM
Gold member
Default Well aj...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbrown View Post
Based on site policy and the fact I enjoy TOTV, I will not post the exact sentiment I would like to here...

I posted a fake rumor this AM thinking I was kidding around. It was Most of the senior maintenance staff are snowbirds? IMO, a rumor so ludicrous on its face I figured everyone will know it has to be made up. I never considered someone would think that it could be true.

Folks, for the record, I do not know any of the senior maintenance staff for TV golf courses, nor am I privy to their personal lives.

Phew, glad we cleared that up
in reading your post there is no way to tell you were just kidding and if you read some of the posts/complaints there are many that are foolish and unsubstantiated...so if you really want people to know you're kidding I'd suggest using an emoticon() or perhaps a "j/k" or even a "just kidding" at the end of a post. Since I can't see your face and I don't know you it takes a bit of extra effort to make sure you aren't misunderstood. Surely something like my explanation is ludicrous to those so educated...."j/k", "just kidding"
Old 07-25-2014, 06:26 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbrown View Post
The rumor I heard is that most of the senior maintenance staff are snow birds. Things should get turned around in the fall, so hang in there...
"Fact" the people who reconfigured Pinehurst, Southern Pines, and Aberdeen area
by removing most of sprinkler system and letting the courses go back to nature were recently hired by the golf management. The company does not think it will take much to complete as we are almost there.
Old 07-25-2014, 06:30 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVillageChicken View Post
Number 8 at Briarwood. No qualified and responsible greens keeper would put the pin in the same location this often. The photo perspective does not show how close together these placements are. About a six foot radius. Imagine how much traffic that part of the green has had lately.

The Villages Florida
Maybe TV can use this picture in their advertisements -"Free golf for life"
Old 07-25-2014, 06:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Now I understand. You are from Newark and these are your municipal courses. They are beautiful and very affordable. How do they keep their prices so low and the quality so high? Is it funded by taxes?

Essex County Department of Parks, Recreation, & Cultural Affairs

Last edited by graciegirl; 07-25-2014 at 07:15 AM.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.