Winter Championship Golf Rates are out

Closed Thread
Old 12-08-2023, 02:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,083 Times in 2,746 Posts
Default Winter Championship Golf Rates are out

Just noticed that the 2024 high season championship golf rates are out on the Golf the Villages website. To satisfy my curiosity, I went to my Villages golf file and compared the winter rates (resident member rates) from 2016 (our first winter owning a home in the Villages) to those of 2024. After adjusting for taxes (taxes used to be included in the published golf rates) the rates at Glenview (a representation of the 10 courses priced in the same tier) increased by 43.02%. The two courses priced at a different discounted tier, Orange Blossom and Hacienda Hills, increased 32.55% and 44.58%, respectively. Southern Oaks didn't exist in 2016, so that courses premium pricing tier was not included. All in all, I feel that is a reasonable price increase over that time frame relative to inflation.

That being said, in my opinion the golf was definitely a better experience back in 2016 for a couple of reasons. First, since then a crap load of new homes have been built, but only 18 holes of championship golf (Southern Oaks) has been opened. As a result, the courses are noticeably more crowded, t times are harder to get during busy season, and the pace of play has noticeably slowed. Also, back in 2016, the greens, t boxes, and fairways were overseaded and the winter conditions (during the time when the grass goes dormant) were definitely better. Also, back then, there were always golf ambassadors present who actively kept the pace of play moving along and provided cold water and sand to the players. It was typical to see an ambassador a minimum of twice per nine holes and they were always taking note of pace of play. Im not sure what happened to that important function, but it rarely exists now.

All that being said, I still very much enjoy golfing in the Villages and can't wait for the holidays to get over with so we can get there for the rest of the winter and some of the spring. Cheers and golf on : )
Old 12-08-2023, 04:30 PM
Veteran member

Resident rates are around $70 for most of the courses. Every other course outside The Villages provides you with a cart. They should give you a $20 discount if you bring your own cart. Have not seen a course that charges extra for carts in years.
Old 12-08-2023, 04:34 PM

Welcome to the swamp.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, rates, winter, villages, courses

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.