Women Tees

Closed Thread
Old 07-28-2010, 09:48 AM
Default Women Tees

Hello

I'm moving to TV early next year from California. We are so excited about this new chapter of our lives.

I noticed the Women's tee's are very short. Here in CA we usually play about 6,000 yards or longer depending upon your handicap. My current handicap is 6.

We played Arnold Palmer and I played from the Blue tees. I went to post my score and was not able to post because the Blue tees had not been rated for Women.

I'm sure there is an answer to my quality issue.

Once again, we can hardly wait to live in TV.

Jeanette
Old 07-28-2010, 10:10 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

Great problem to have. As you play around the country, I find tee standards do vary. I try to pick a slope rating that I am comfortable with playing and use those tees instead of the yardage. I like to play a slope of around 133 to 138 so I will select the yardage that matches that as close as possible and select those tees. And some courses have a couple tees in that range, so if it's the first time there, I will pick the shorter of the two until I know the layout a little better. Sometimes that's the blue, sometimes the white or some other color depending on the course. If you select yardage, what do you do when playing Pelican Hills vs Edgewater at Lake Tahoe? 6000 yards is totally different at those different elevations. I find using the slope ratings the best way to play a somewhat consistent level of difficulty. May want to consider that as an option.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:46 AM
Sage

First of all congratulations on being a 6!

I asked this question once a few years ago of some pros at TV and never got an answer. Since I have never played with a woman that plays the blue tees, I forgot all about it. With my curiosity up I just looked around and find that the FSGA does not have ratings for TV courses either, but The USGA has a solution.

The USGA covers this in the handicap manual. The manual is at:

http://www.usga.org/bookrule.aspx?id=14379

The details are in Section 5.2, sub section G

Last edited by ajbrown; 07-28-2010 at 10:47 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 07-28-2010, 10:58 AM

Thank you for your reply.

I understand the slope rating structure. The Village golf courses would not let me post my score from the Blue tees as a woman. The courses have been rated for women only on the green and white tees.

The slope rating was not available from the Blue tees. If this had been available I could have manually posted my score through GHIN.

Thank you

Jeanette
Old 07-28-2010, 11:11 AM

That is, indeed, a wonderful problem!
And you can still post your score manually, although you may have to do it online instead of posting at the clubhouse. Log in on the GHIN website (www.ghin.com) and navigate to the Post Scores page. Instead of choosing the course and tee option, click on "manual", enter the slope course rating from the scorecard, then enter your score. That should take it.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:13 AM

Thank you for your information. I just learned something new about the USGA and slope ratings.

I knew someone out there in cyber world would direct me to the answer.

See you next year in TV.

Jeanette
Old 07-28-2010, 12:19 PM
Veteran member

I was a little confused at the title of this topic. I have been told by more than one Starter that we do not have women's tees at The Villages; we have "forward" tees. Nice PC there.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:26 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 6 View Post
I was a little confused at the title of this topic. I have been told by more than one Starter that we do not have women's tees at The Villages; we have "forward" tees. Nice PC there.
Good catch
Old 07-28-2010, 02:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhooman View Post
Hello

I'm moving to TV early next year from California. We are so excited about this new chapter of our lives.

I noticed the Women's tee's are very short. Here in CA we usually play about 6,000 yards or longer depending upon your handicap. My current handicap is 6.

We played Arnold Palmer and I played from the Blue tees. I went to post my score and was not able to post because the Blue tees had not been rated for Women.

Jeanette
Ji Jeannette,
Welcome to TV and TOTV. How long have you been a golfer. Six is awesome!

Old 07-28-2010, 04:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
Ji Jeannette,
Welcome to TV and TOTV. How long have you been a golfer. Six is awesome!

I so agree. Welcome to you! I would say...Let's play golf, but I am not in your league!

Where are you from?
What clubs do you use?
What ball do you hit?
What church do you go to?
Old 08-08-2010, 09:04 AM

Hi

I would love to play golf with you when I return next year. Please know I'm a silly golfer and love having a good time on the course.

I'm from Long Beach California. Orignially a military brat. Finished high school in Key West, Florida. Attended college here in California and will return to Florida next year to build our gorgeous home in TV. We are so excited about this new chapter of our lives.

The clubs I use: Callaway Diablo Edge (driver), Taylor Made 3 & 7 (woods), Taylor Made hybrid 4, Cleveland Hybrid 6, Callaway fusion irons S-6, Cleveland sand wedge and a Tiger shark putter. I love my clubs, they can get me out any mess I'm in. I get into trouble all the time. My friends call me scramble eggs and Double D. I always look at a problem as a quality issue. It's a gift and pleasure to be playing golf and not picking strawberry's.

The ball I play with is a Callaway Soltaire. This ball is simply amazing. I use to play with a Pro V1. Pro V1 is totally over rated in my opinion. The Callaway is softer and I get more distance with this ball, plus it's cheap.

When we come to TV we will be church hopping until we find our place of worship.

Thank you for your kindness and I'm looking forward to our golf game next year.

Jeanette
Old 08-08-2010, 11:38 AM
Sage
Default A 6 with big boobs!?

Quote:
My friends call me scramble eggs and Double D.
I've played in scrambles and sometimes I feel like a scrambled egghead. But I've never been called a Double D.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:36 AM
Default Slope and ratings for Women

Hello Jhooman...yesterday while entering my golf score on line I noticed the blue tee slope and ratings are now an available when entering a woman's score on TV courses. Additionally some modifications have been made to the slope and ratings for the green and white tees. Nancy

Quote:
Hello

Jeanette
Old 09-01-2010, 07:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Hi

I would love to play golf with you when I return next year. Please know I'm a silly golfer and love having a good time on the course.

I'm from Long Beach California. Orignially a military brat. Finished high school in Key West, Florida. Attended college here in California and will return to Florida next year to build our gorgeous home in TV. We are so excited about this new chapter of our lives.

The clubs I use: Callaway Diablo Edge (driver), Taylor Made 3 & 7 (woods), Taylor Made hybrid 4, Cleveland Hybrid 6, Callaway fusion irons S-6, Cleveland sand wedge and a Tiger shark putter. I love my clubs, they can get me out any mess I'm in. I get into trouble all the time. My friends call me scramble eggs and Double D. I always look at a problem as a quality issue. It's a gift and pleasure to be playing golf and not picking strawberry's.

The ball I play with is a Callaway Soltaire. This ball is simply amazing. I use to play with a Pro V1. Pro V1 is totally over rated in my opinion. The Callaway is softer and I get more distance with this ball, plus it's cheap.

When we come to TV we will be church hopping until we find our place of worship.

Thank you for your kindness and I'm looking forward to our golf game next year.

Jeanette
Jeanette.

I was just kidding about the church. Not even an act of God could give me a six handicap.

There was a time I could hold my own with the men.

But that was pool.

Welcome to you. You are gonna be famous around here in no time.

I could be your agent.

Gracie
Old 09-01-2010, 08:15 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 6 View Post
Technically that is correct. We do not have women's tees, or men's tees, or senior tees. We have tees arranged for your chioce to play from according to your handicap.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.