Your Favorite Televised Golf Tourney?

Closed Thread
Old 08-06-2012, 09:37 PM

Masters After 7 months of gray overcast ,dreary weather...hope spings eternal as the Azaleas bloom once again. Amen Corner; Serazin's double eagle..Norman's Epic Collapse; Phil's shot from the Pine Straw over the creek; andsoon the courses will be open (up North).

US Open (how mean can they set the course).

PGA

British Open links course don't like the weather wait a few minutes.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser1 View Post
Masters After 7 months of gray overcast ,dreary weather...hope spings eternal as the Azaleas bloom once again. Amen Corner; Serazin's double eagle..Norman's Epic Collapse; Phil's shot from the Pine Straw over the creek; andsoon the courses will be open (up North).

US Open (how mean can they set the course).

PGA

British Open links course don't like the weather wait a few minutes.
And now the shot from the trees left of the tenth fairway by Bubba.

I think that's what makes the Masters what it is. Every year we see the same course and remember different shots. Who can forget Jack in 1986 holing that big putt on 16. Or Tiger spinning in that chip shot on the same hole.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 08-25-2012, 12:50 PM
Default Yikes...a glaring oversight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francie View Post
If you like the Ryder Cup tonight also enjoy the Solheim Cup. Same format, scoring and team play, but for the women. Very exciting. One of my very favorite.
Sorry ladies...yes indeed, the Solheim is definately in my top 10 of golf tourneys to watch on the teli...and certainly enjoy the immense talent in ladies golf.

And, thanks to all for posting some of those great moments at all the tourneys over the years.

Got to agree with post on "The Open", the courses across the pond aren't much to look at and without the wind and rain, the soggy course this year just made the event seem kind of blahh.

Question with boldness
Hold to the truth
Speak without fear

"Too soon old...too late smart"
Old 08-25-2012, 02:04 PM
Sage

Augusta - because now it has women
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 08-25-2012, 02:17 PM
Veteran member

I do enjoy the Team events like Ryder and Presidents Cup, but the Masters is always my favorite to watch on TV. Such a beautiful course and always a dramatic tournament.

B.
Old 08-25-2012, 07:55 PM
Gold member

Although I love them all - I especially enjoy watching the match play formats.

Watching the LPGA is always very exciting.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.