I tried Publix grocery delivery, my experience..

Closed Thread
Old 08-16-2023, 08:18 AM
Sage

I suspect with Instacart, you have to tip! Kroger tells you upfront on the order site that they don't accept tips. Don't know Kroger, unless you've tried it. Oh---the 1st 3 orders, you don't pay the delivery. It's so to familiarize you and to see if you're going to continue, I think. After that you pay the $59.00/year. To me, it saves on my gas, "wear/tear" on my car and it's convenient!! IF I'm not going out or the weather is "if-y" it's a no-brainer to have it all come here. My only issues so far is my list---sometimes I'll forget THE one thing but it's a small "problem" in view of LIFE-matters.
Old 08-16-2023, 08:55 AM

Question- would you have to order Kroger yesterday to get it today ?

Instacart you can get in an hour or so if you select priority delivery for $2 more.
Old 08-16-2023, 10:09 AM

With Publix delivery you not only pay Instacart fees & tips, but also pay higher prices for each item. The fine print on their website (Shop Online | Publix Super Markets) discloses this as follows: "*Item prices vary from item prices in physical store locations."

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimkerr View Post
Publix is a ripoff with delivery. They really jack up their prices when you get your grooves delivered with Instacart. For example, yesterday a gallon of milk was $5.09.

Kroger is the best way to go. Much cheaper and you don’t have to worry about getting melted ice cream etc. since they have a refrigerator and freezer on their trucks.

Give Kroger a try. I’ve been very happy with them.
Old 08-16-2023, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmac007 View Post
Passing this along as I went on the publix website and It was so good. Had a great experience and wondering if anyone else has used this? I actually found this easy to follow along video below before I used it so it guided me.. thought this may help other VIllagers out there... video below...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGd0160kJwc

The Publix website on how to sign up and order is below I used... pretty cool

Shop Online | Publix Super Markets
Thank you for all this great info!

Last edited by Rzepecki; 08-16-2023 at 10:32 AM.
Old 08-16-2023, 11:29 AM
Default Publix and Kroger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmac007 View Post
Passing this along as I went on the publix website and It was so good. Had a great experience and wondering if anyone else has used this? I actually found this easy to follow along video below before I used it so it guided me.. thought this may help other VIllagers out there... video below...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGd0160kJwc

The Publix website on how to sign up and order is below I used... pretty cool

Shop Online | Publix Super Markets
My husband and I have used Publix for over 2 years. We just started using Kroger also. Gives us more flexibility. Their produce is great AND their trucks are refrigerated so nothing is thawed when we get it.
Closed Thread

Tags
publix, experience, guide, video, thought

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.