I tried Publix grocery delivery, my experience..

Closed Thread
Unread 08-14-2023, 06:47 PM
Default I tried Publix grocery delivery, my experience..

Passing this along as I went on the publix website and It was so good. Had a great experience and wondering if anyone else has used this? I actually found this easy to follow along video below before I used it so it guided me.. thought this may help other VIllagers out there... video below...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGd0160kJwc

The Publix website on how to sign up and order is below I used... pretty cool

Shop Online | Publix Super Markets

Last edited by Ad poster; 08-14-2023 at 06:54 PM.
Unread 08-14-2023, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmac007 View Post
Passing this along as I went on the publix website and It was so good. Had a great experience and wondering if anyone else has used this? I actually found this easy to follow along video below before I used it so it guided me.. thought this may help other VIllagers out there... video below...

How much was it? Did you order produce or meat?
Unread 08-15-2023, 01:37 AM

I did order lunch meat and some produce in my order. Also I got it for FREE since there was a promotion. If I do get charged in the future.. still worth it as it was great..
Here is where I found that promotion when I signed up:
Instacart Help Center - 3 Free Delivery promotion

Also.. Here is pricing when I do have to pay it.. looks like only $3.99 for anything over $35.. but here are details..
Instacart Help Center - Instacart fees and taxes
Unread 08-15-2023, 02:59 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
I did order lunch meat and some produce in my order. Also I got it for FREE since there was a promotion. If I do get charged in the future.. still worth it as it was great..
Here is where I found that promotion when I signed up:
Instacart Help Center - 3 Free Delivery promotion

Also.. Here is pricing when I do have to pay it.. looks like only $3.99 for anything over $35.. but here are details..
Instacart Help Center - Instacart fees and taxes
I’ve used instacart for years. (Not here) you can order from lots of stores here. I use it mostly for Fresh Market or Sprouts since I live south of 44. It’s great!
Unread 08-15-2023, 05:31 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 761 Posts

It’s Instacart which requires a membership fee. Like Doordash. This should be done by Publix employees.
Unread 08-15-2023, 05:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

We use Kroger, prices are less than grocery in TV, and have items I can’t get locally. Mostly frozen items, no issues, their delivery window is spot on.
Unread 08-15-2023, 05:56 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babubhat View Post
It’s Instacart which requires a membership fee. Like Doordash. This should be done by Publix employees.
Instacart has been doing this since 2012. They deliver from more than Publix. Why would Publix hire a bunch more employees to deliver to you for no fee? It’s not a Publix thing, it’s an instacart thing. If you want delivery, you pay a fee.
Unread 08-15-2023, 06:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babubhat View Post
Unless employees are riding a bike, this opens up insurance issues. Supply their employees a car, or pay the employees mileage on their own car.

Either way businesses will use a delivery service over using their own employees. It a huge liability issue using their own employees.

Kroger seems to be the only grocery that is using their own delivery system, with their own trucks.
If you order the right amount then no fee, for those who feel they are being ripped off, for someone to shop for you, bag it, and bring it to your door.
Unread 08-15-2023, 07:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

I don't know...I have a thing about someone other than my wife or I selecting our food. Canned goods, maybe. But not produce or meat. I'm not especially concerned about shenanigans by the driver between the store and my home (though considering some of the things I've read recently, maybe I should be), but more about the quality of things they pick out for you.
Unread 08-15-2023, 03:13 PM
Sage

We use Kroger-delivery too. I tried Insta-cart early on for Fresh Market (one time) and said never again. The Kroger-delivery is so easy and seamless. For one year it costs $59.00 for "free delivery" and NO tipping allowed. I agree with Asia that the prices are more reasonable than the stores here. I used to shop Walmart Neighborhood and filled in with Publix as I require specific foods for a food allergy. When W.N. remodeled etc. I stopped going---not only due to the remodeling but the parking lot issues were beyond horrible. During "high season" you couldn't find a spot. Then two years ago I discovered Kroger while we both were down for the count (illnesses) and it was a life-saver. I have an order in now and they'll bring it on "my" day and time. They've never been late. Frozen items come frozen, meat is fresh as is produce. I even put in for Villages Grown lettuce today. Hope they get more of their veggies eventually. I have the delivery person bring my bags into the kitchen as well. Oh---I did stop in a Publix recently to pick up a couple of things and their prices had spiked by A LOT in just a handful of week's time. I'll only stop there "IF" I'm desperate to find something. Winn Dixie might be the same---my S.O. stopped there the other day to pick up something and the cost was way too expensive for what it was.
Unread 08-15-2023, 07:22 PM

One order from publix, one bag wasn’t ours of the three bags. Never use them again.
Unread 08-16-2023, 05:37 AM

How much would you tip is with a flat fee or a percentage of your groceries
Unread 08-16-2023, 07:14 AM

Quote:

Publix is a ripoff with delivery. They really jack up their prices when you get your grooves delivered with Instacart. For example, yesterday a gallon of milk was $5.09.

Kroger is the best way to go. Much cheaper and you don’t have to worry about getting melted ice cream etc. since they have a refrigerator and freezer on their trucks.

Give Kroger a try. I’ve been very happy with them.
Unread 08-16-2023, 07:16 AM

The cool thing about Publix delivery with Instacart is that you can "talk" to the shopper while they are in the store. I can text the shopper and they send me a photo of what they are selecting if I have questions. Sometimes they even make suggestions (like during the toilet paper shortage, they texted to let me know there was some available if I wanted any). The prices are a bit higher for delivery, but if you need it the cost is not prohibitive.
Unread 08-16-2023, 07:57 AM

Another vote for Kroger. Been using them for two years now. The selection of different products from the huge warehouse is unrivaled. Prompt fresh cold delivery with an easy refund if there is a problem with any item. Much lower prices than Publix.
Closed Thread

Tags
publix, experience, guide, video, thought

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.