NEW Express Depot Service!

Closed Thread
Old 09-05-2023, 11:19 AM
TOTV SPONSOR
Arrow NEW Express Depot Service!

Groome continues to expand our service in The Villages® communities and is excited to announce our new daily Orlando Airport Express Depot Service! Rest assured that you will experience the same great service and all previous reservations with Workman Transportation will be honored.

Conveniently located at the Lake Sumter Landing and the Brownwood Hotel & Spa our express depots reduce the travel time between The Villages communities and Orlando International Airport. We look forward to having you on board!

LEARN MORE OR BOOK A SHUTTLE TODAY!
Book Online or Call Now!
groometransportation.com/the-villages
(352) 539-9664
Old 09-05-2023, 11:29 AM

I have previously contracted for Workmans Home Service, from Brownwood Hotel to my home (returning from MCO). Will there be a separate vehicle that takes me from the hotel to my home in The Villages?
Old 09-05-2023, 03:03 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Yes! There will be no changes to this service (other than the Groome name) - we will continue to offer home service from the Brownwood Hotel.
Book Online or Call Now!
(352) 539-9664
Old 09-05-2023, 03:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,051 Times in 5,337 Posts

If I understand correctly you do not provide service to and from Tampa Airport.

Any plans to add this?
Old 10-05-2023, 03:10 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

So sorry for the delay! That is correct - we do not offer service to the Tampa Airport at this time. We are always monitoring the travel landscape for potential adjustments to our routes and will share your note with our team!
Book Online or Call Now!
(352) 539-9664
Old 10-17-2023, 09:15 AM

Have been waiting 31 minutes to get a live person on the line...

I can't figure out/separte home-pickup from "Terminal" pickup. Are they two different things? Is it better or more predictable to just get an Uber to one of the town squares, then get a Terminal bus to MCO?

Answer: "Yes"
Express Depot service are the BIG busses the pick up/drop off at the 3 Town Squares ($40 a trip)

Home / Hotel Door-to-Door is SMALL vans, up to 5 stops, ($45 a trip).

.... OK, I've got it. Looks like great service and options. Thank you Groome. It might help first-timers if the website separated the two services. E.g. show what "DEPOT" means on a map; tell why this service is called "Express". Show a picture of a BIG BUS that provides the "Express Depot" service ($40). Then show the SMALL BUS for the Door-to-Door service, and that there are up to 5 pickups on the Door-to-Door ($45). ... Looks like great services, just need more separation/clarity on the website.

Last edited by Back9; 10-17-2023 at 09:47 AM.
Old 10-17-2023, 03:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back9 View Post
Have been waiting 31 minutes to get a live person on the line...

I can't figure out/separte home-pickup from "Terminal" pickup. Are they two different things? Is it better or more predictable to just get an Uber to one of the town squares, then get a Terminal bus to MCO?

Answer: "Yes"
Express Depot service are the BIG busses the pick up/drop off at the 3 Town Squares ($40 a trip)

Home / Hotel Door-to-Door is SMALL vans, up to 5 stops, ($45 a trip).

.... OK, I've got it. Looks like great service and options. Thank you Groome. It might help first-timers if the website separated the two services. E.g. show what "DEPOT" means on a map; tell why this service is called "Express". Show a picture of a BIG BUS that provides the "Express Depot" service ($40). Then show the SMALL BUS for the Door-to-Door service, and that there are up to 5 pickups on the Door-to-Door ($45). ... Looks like great services, just need more separation/clarity on the website.
2nd & 3rd times will be easier……….

Tags
service, express, communities, orlando, airport

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.