Need Available Driver for Occasional Dr Appts

Closed Thread
Old 01-14-2009, 09:50 AM
Default Need Available Driver for Occasional Dr Appts

My mother-in-law lives with us and doesn't drive, so we will drive her to Ocala once every eight weeks for a Remicade infusion, which takes several hours. That's the bummer... you would have to either hang around Ocala for a while or go home and come back. We should always be available, but we only have one car and there could possibly be conflicts from time to time, or something wrong with the car etc. She knows her appt date eight weeks ahead of time. I'd like to know if there are some women out there who would be willing, for pay of course, to be on the list of drivers to call if something comes up. We've tried the shuttles and none that we can find will go to Ocala. If anyone knows of a shuttle that will, please let me know. Thanks.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:10 AM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzbyn View Post
My mother-in-law lives with us and doesn't drive, so we will drive her to Ocala once every eight weeks for a Remicade infusion, which takes several hours. That's the bummer... you would have to either hang around Ocala for a while or go home and come back. We should always be available, but we only have one car and there could possibly be conflicts from time to time, or something wrong with the car etc. She knows her appt date eight weeks ahead of time. I'd like to know if there are some women out there who would be willing, for pay of course, to be on the list of drivers to call if something comes up. We've tried the shuttles and none that we can find will go to Ocala. If anyone knows of a shuttle that will, please let me know. Thanks.
Fizz, please put me on the list. Very happy to do it as a neighbor. No payment needed. I'd like nothing more than to hang around Ocala and shop for a few hours. Let me know anytime.....I'll PM you my phone number. I'm right next door to you guys.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 01-14-2009, 09:31 PM
Dancing Thyme
Default Helping Hands Needed

Bump!! Maybe we can get some more volunteers?

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 01-14-2009, 09:52 PM

I would also be happy to assist if you run into problems ($ not necessary). I will PM my phone # to you.
Blondie

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.