Open House-Invite Only

Closed Thread
Old 09-08-2011, 10:58 AM
Default Open House-Invite Only

The holidays are coming, thinking of having Open house dinner gathering for the Thanksgiving Hoilday for THOSE only who have No family in the area, and wish not to spend the holidays alone. This is NOT a gathering for those looking to find that special someone, there are many clubs in the Villages for that. This is a holiday dinner gathering and social gathering for those that wish not to spend Thanksgiving at home alone. You will be required to bring a dish, and own drink choice....for now looking to hear from those interested in enjoying just good friends, and great food.... again, this is NOT a planned gathering for those looking to find someone...the INTENT is to offer those in need of good friends during the Holidays for those who have no family. Will be required to bring your sense of humor. Love to hear from those interested, looking to see if there is a need!

This will be limted to 25 guest (unless I do two seatings) and for Villagers only, the intent is for those who have No family to speak of. Thanks for all the replies, and I hope this brings in lots of interest, hoping to make someone holidays more pleasant this year, isn't that whats its all about!

Last edited by Here2Stay; 09-08-2011 at 07:40 PM. Reason: need to add a few mentions
Old 09-08-2011, 01:41 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidaybash View Post
The holidays are coming, thinking of having Open house dinner gathering for the Thanksgiving Hoilday for THOSE only who have No family in the area, and wish not to spend the holidays alone. This is NOT a gathering for those looking to find that special someone, there are many clubs in the Villages for that. This is a holiday dinner gathering and social gathering for those that wish not to spend Thanksgiving at home alone. You will be required to bring a dish, and own drink choice....for now looking to hear from those interested in enjoying just good friends, and great food.... again, this is NOT a planned gathering for those looking to find someone...the INTENT is to offer those in need of good friends during the Holidays for those who have no family. Will be required to bring your sense of humor. Love to hear from those interested, looking to see if there is a need!
This is so thoughtful of you! I hope you get a great response and have a wonderful time!
Old 09-08-2011, 01:49 PM

What a generous invitation. If we weren't in Cincinnati, we would LOVE to join you! Hoping to be at TV for Thanksgiving and many other holidays...our house is there, we are not...still working
Old 09-08-2011, 02:57 PM
Platinum member

holiday:

What a beautiful invitation!

Maybe I'll suggest that my brother, sister-in-law and niece, who aren't Villagers, but live in southern Marion County, join you! Because, I've made it a point for the last several years to be aboard a cruise ship over Thanksgiving, ignoring their pleas! :-) :-) :-)

I hope that your Villages home can accommodate huge crowds, for I have a sneaky feeling that you'll be overwhelmed with delighted - and, delightful - guests!

SWR
Old 09-08-2011, 03:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,549 Times in 1,929 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default That is so wonderful and kind and sweet and dear!!

There is nothing so warm and so genuine as an invitation to someone's home during the holidays.

I am grateful to have family to share with this year.

BUT....I do want to meet you and give you a hug.

You are MY kind of person!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.