Someone who does Calligraphy

Closed Thread
Old 09-06-2012, 07:31 PM
Default Someone who does Calligraphy

Hi, new to forum. I am looking for someone who can engrave 25 place cards for daughter's wedding reception. Would need done by 9/19. Can email me at ellen_kustron@yahoo.com with cost. Thanks for any help you can give me since I am a terrible writer and sure do not want to mess these up for her.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:17 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie123 View Post
Hi, new to forum. I am looking for someone who can engrave 25 place cards for daughter's wedding reception. Would need done by 9/19. Can email me at ellen_kustron@yahoo.com with cost. Thanks for any help you can give me since I am a terrible writer and sure do not want to mess these up for her.
Ellie, check with the library. I heard that someone was teaching calligraphy at the libraray. Maybe they could help you?
Bossier City, Louisiana
Salt Lake City & Ogden, Utah
The Villages, Florida
Old 09-07-2012, 08:52 AM

You could buy placecards that will print on an inkjet computer printer, then just type in the names, select a calligraphy type font and then print. This would also give you the option of having the bride and grooms picture print on the cards or any other graphics.
Old 09-07-2012, 02:59 PM

Thanks for the info on the class Judy, but unfortunately I only have less than 2 weeks to get these done, and quite honestly, it would probably take me longer than that to learn it. lol. I already have the cards Richard, but I may just have to buy new ones and I am sure someone at my computer class will be able to help me with this. Thanks for both suggestions, but if possible, still looking for someone to do these.
Old 09-07-2012, 04:24 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Thanks for the info on the class Judy, but unfortunately I only have less than 2 weeks to get these done, and quite honestly, it would probably take me longer than that to learn it. lol. I already have the cards Richard, but I may just have to buy new ones and I am sure someone at my computer class will be able to help me with this. Thanks for both suggestions, but if possible, still looking for someone to do these.
Ellie, I'm sorry I didn't make myself clear. I thought perhaps the TEACHER of the calligraphy class could make the cards for you. Sometimes going straight to the professional is the easiest way to go. You could get in touch with him/her to see if he/she might want to do the cards. I wasn't suggesting that you take a crash course in calligraphy! Hahaha.
Bossier City, Louisiana
The Villages, Florida
Old 09-07-2012, 11:21 PM

Oh, that sounds much better Judy! Which library are you talking about? I don't live in The Villages, so are you talking about that one or the one in Lady Lake?
Old 09-08-2012, 02:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Printing them with a pretty font from your computer is another good suggestion.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:08 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Oh, that sounds much better Judy! Which library are you talking about? I don't live in The Villages, so are you talking about that one or the one in Lady Lake?
Oh, I shouldn't have opened my mouth (or flexed my fingers), because I was told by a friend that they're teaching a calligraphy class at the library. I assumed that the friend meant The Villages library at Belvedere, so I tried to call the library this morning to see if that was the branch that had the calligraphy lessons, but the phone just rang and rang.

Here is the phone number, in case you want to try reaching them: 352-259-5739. There isn't a listing in the phone book for the new Pinellas branch.

I'm sorry I didn't follow through before I posted the info about the calligraphy classes. Next time I'll keep my mouth/fingers shut until I'm able to verify the information.
Bossier City, Louisiana
The Villages, Florida
Old 09-08-2012, 10:36 AM
Location: Brooklyn, NY Queens, NY Village of Summerhill, Village of Santiago

According to the Villages Lifelong Learning Collage Catalog, Sandra Wright teaches a calligraphy course. Her number is 352-383-1264. Perhaps she would do this for you.
Old 09-08-2012, 06:39 PM

Thanks so much judy for trying to get more info for me. Also, thanks to you cathy for Sandra's phone number. I will DEFINITELY try both of these numbers on Monday morning. You have both been very helpful and know my daughter will appreciate having place cards that are done professionally.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:36 PM
Location: Brooklyn, NY Queens, NY Village of Summerhill, Village of Santiago

Quote:
Thanks so much judy for trying to get more info for me. Also, thanks to you cathy for Sandra's phone number. I will DEFINITELY try both of these numbers on Monday morning. You have both been very helpful and know my daughter will appreciate having place cards that are done professionally.
So, were you able to find somebody to do the calligraphy for your daughters place cards ? I hope so. Let us know. Thanks.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:08 PM

Try Jackie Briggs. Village of Alhambra
Old 09-11-2012, 07:15 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathyw View Post
So, were you able to find somebody to do the calligraphy for your daughters place cards ? I hope so. Let us know. Thanks.
Yes, inquiring minds want to know.
Bossier City, Louisiana
The Villages, Florida
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.