Volunteers and Services

Closed Thread
Old 08-25-2008, 05:33 PM
Default Re: Volunteers and Services

Me too. Count me in. I'm not there yet, having a few more weeks before I retire. I will be ready, willing and able in the New Year to help out anywhere I can. I've also posted my willingness to help on the other forum for TOTVers who are in need of help.
Sue
Old 08-25-2008, 07:56 PM

I would be happy to help any person who is in need of some assistance. I will be in TV in September and October, and God wiling, full time by next Spring.

I am a psychologist who surely does not have all the answers, but I am a good listener who cares about others. I can drive folks to appointments, stores or other necessary places or run errands.

MD Blondie
Old 08-25-2008, 09:17 PM
Sage

I'm a snowbird from Canada, in TV from October through April each year. I'm lousy at cooking and cleaning, but I do have a special interest in palliative care. I love all animals without reservation and can assist with pet care. I also enjoy reading to people.

Hopefully, Chels, Beady, Kiddo and Samhass will vouch for me.

When I'm in TV, I'd love to help.

Old 08-27-2008, 01:24 PM
Administrator

I may have been mistaken about this Helping Hand stuff, and this thread.

You will notice that I have removed maybe a couple dozen posts here of entirely off-topic play. There are many areas in Talk of The Villages for play. This section of the forum is deadly serious. If it is not, please inform me. I will remove it.

It you want this to be a forum to help people, then keep it on topic -- strictly on topic. Otherwise it will be deleted.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:58 AM

I know a lady who is in a wheelchair (she can stand but not for very long). She is totally alone (well, she does have a very very sweet dog who is her companion). She has no friends because she doesn't get out much (she has a van with a lift and drives herself to the doctor) but she really really really could use just someone (besides me) to maybe just drop by, chat, maybe accompany her places, and, she also needs a reliable person to clean her house on a regular basis (she is willing to pay for it - and can.) If anyone might be interested please send me an e-mail and perhaps we can all help her. She does have four boys but none of them live nearby. thanks. Monica
Old 09-06-2008, 10:48 PM
Dancing Thyme

Hi, Monica,

Sorry I didn't respond sooner, but I was in the process of moving to TV and was on the road for about a week.

Does this lady like to play cards or dominoes? She sounds exactly like the type of person we would like to help out. I would very much like to drop by to see her and keep her company in places she would like to venture to. I might be able to bring my Dad as he is a very fun-loving guy and she might enjoy chatting with him too. Please PM me her name, if you can, or I can work through you to meet with her. I'm in TV now so am readily available to help. Thanks, good post... KathieI

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 09-07-2008, 01:45 PM
Platinum member

I PM'd Monica last week and haven't heard from her. Monica?
Old 09-08-2008, 12:37 AM
Platinum member

My mother lives with me. She is in good physical and mental health. However, most weeks I am gone about three to four days. My brother-in-law lives in the north part of The Villages and my next door neighbors have offered to be there if she needs help. However, when I left this afternoon my neighbors on both sides and across the street are gone. Would like to giver her a couple additional names to call who would be close to Amelia.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:53 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo
My mother lives with me. She is in good physical and mental health. However, most weeks I am gone about three to four days. My brother-in-law lives in the north part of The Villages and my next door neighbors have offered to be there if she needs help. However, when I left this afternoon my neighbors on both sides and across the street are gone. Would like to giver her a couple additional names to call who would be close to Amelia.
We have friends that live in Amelia....she works only 12 hours a week and used to work as a companion for our home care company....she is wonderful!! I am sure she would agree to be available in emergencies....send me a PM and let me know....also even though I work....I work from home and most of the time have flexable hours...while I wouldn't be able to come sit with mom....I would be more than happy to be on the list for emergencies....and worries....

I would also suggest getting her one those emergency call system buttons....seems to be a big need here....we will be calling our contacts this week to make sure we have their information on hand for everyone!! Will keep you posted!

Suzy Toronto
Old 09-08-2008, 02:42 AM
Dancing Thyme

JoJo, I think you have my phone number, but I'll pm it again.

I live in Hadley, and will be very happy to look in on her if you need it. Sending pm now...

Kath

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 09-08-2008, 03:08 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Send a message via Yahoo to renielarson

This thread is only in its infancy and it's off to a good start.

Makes me feel good to see people volunteering to help out.

Only wish I were in TV to offer my help, too. Next summer I will be...am looking forward to it.

Old 10-07-2008, 12:23 PM
Gold member

Question - is this a thread where people advertise there services on or is this a thread that is strictly for volunteers?

HB
Old 10-07-2008, 12:30 PM
Gold member

Hi, I would be more than happy to help in anyway I can when we are in TV. Like some others who have mentioned it - I also have clearance from the FBI.

I am also a volunteer on three Critical Incident Stress Management/Debriefing teams.

Have done Hospice work and been active in other ways of helping people.

I think this is an excellent thread and Bright thank you so much for starting this thread.

To me, this thread is what us Peeps and Sistah's and Brudah's are all about. Being there for each other - in the good times and bad times.

Love ya all - you are the cream of the Peeps.

HB
Old 10-18-2008, 08:42 AM
Default small projects

willing to do small projects, honey do lists

drd
drdodgee@gmail.com
Old 10-22-2008, 08:48 AM
Default Someone who sews

I don't know if this is the right thread for this, but I'm looking for someone who knows how to sew to make a skirt for me (I don't think my usual staples would work for this). I'm not looking for a volunteer, but someone who would charge for their work and expertise. Thanks.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.