Hi there! from Pike's Electric Service Department

Closed Thread
Old 03-09-2023, 01:40 PM
TOTV SPONSOR
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelfmi View Post
Very important are you licensed and insured why. If so why don't you list your licensed number on your advertisement
Hi there!
Licensed, insured, and bonded
EC0002441
Old 03-09-2023, 03:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,426 Times in 2,269 Posts

Quote:
Very important are you licensed and insured why. If so why don't you list your licensed number on your advertisement
What do you care? I doubt they serve the New York area.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 03-09-2023, 05:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Because when the Technician walks through the door to check out exactly what your requirements are he handed over a package with proof of every single thing I mentioned in my post. I’m telling you that these people are no joke. They have their act together. I can’t remember the last time I called a company after their service person left to thank them for sending us their very best but I did this time.

I’m going to be using them soon to center the fixture for the dining room chandelier. Whoever designed the spot it ended up being in must of had a couple drinks first! Lol
Old 03-09-2023, 05:40 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,759 Times in 757 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
I meant my post to be helpful and constructive. Give them a call and only you can decide if having a licensed, insured, bonded, and has workman's comp will be worth their hourly fee. It's not for me to publish that in this case. It blew away the estimates for the handymen. I'm happy with a contractor. That doesn't happen often as I was in and around these businesses my whole stinking life. Therefore I have many trust issues with many of them but not Pikes.

They are GREAT!
Well, it is great when we help each other by reporting our personal experience, absolutely. What seems odd, because you mentioned they do charge a "lot per hour", why not say it's $50 an hour, or $75, or $35 ??? Don't they make their per hour charge public ? Why not ? Not arguing, just asking, seems strange. Sure hope they don't change it according to who is calling, Did you actually pay by the hour, not by the job, don't know what the sop is here in this area. We had a handyman like you mentioned, come and put in new switches in four boxes (old toggle type to the newer type), it didn't take even close to 20 minutes since they were all existing, nothing new to wire. The four were $15 (we purchased them and had them ready for him), we also had him replace two existing outside light fixtures on the lanai, again, no new wiring, those were $10 each and took about 8-10 min. for each one, last on the list was another new dimmer switch for the dinning area light fixture, $20 for that which took a bit longer, 15 min. or so. Was a bit short of an hour, so about $45 an hour roughly. Retired electrician from Ohio, had 37 years experience, seemed very knowledgeable and competent, but I guess yes, if a person has "trust issues" and a "stinking life", it's understandable, totally agree. I will ad we've had "licensed and bonded" "contractors" WITH NUMBERS on their card. When we called the state number to check out the numbers on the business card... guess what ? The numbers WERE legitimate numbers, but.... the "contractor" only paid ONCE, to get the number, then never renewed... so, there you go, more trust issues !
Old 03-22-2023, 08:34 AM
TOTV SPONSOR
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
I recently used your service and was more than pleasantly surprised at the punctuality, professionalism, quality, and cost of the work by your electrician who goes by the name Harry Potter. What a great experience. You will be the only service we will call for in the future.

Even though the hourly rate is a lot you still beat the price of two different handymen that I got quotes from. It's because your guy worked, he wasn't flapping his lips. Uncommon phenomenal service nowadays. Thank You!
Hi there, by the way, the technician referenced Harry Potter is our very own Cody. He's been with us a few years and specializes in assembling and installation fans and lights in a professional manner. We are lucky to have him You are welcome to request him if you have another future service call. Thanks! - Casandra
Old 03-22-2023, 08:18 PM
Default Pike’s did a great job

Recently had two occasions to use Pike’s and am extremely pleased. On time, professional, and skilled. My go to company now.
Old 03-27-2023, 07:20 PM
Location: CT / NJ - Snow Birding in TV ( St. Catherine ) for now
Default Great Service for EV outlet

Recently had Pike's install a NEMA 14-50 Outlet for my Tesla. Casandra (Pike's Electric) was great and supplied an estimate and scheduling entirely via email as I was traveling. Work finished on time and on price.
Closed Thread

Tags
led, villages, pikes, electric, service

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.