church recommendation

Closed Thread
Old 03-06-2011, 12:03 AM
Default Churches

This is likely too late to provide anything new, but perhaps it will be helpful to you and others. I assume that you are not looking for a specific denominational church. Most denominations have a "national" internet site where one can search for churches by zip code, etc.

One good site for searches of all things religious is http://www.patheos.com/Find/Worship-...ies.html,which provides for searches based upon user selection from a broad listing of choices. Results include maps and distance indications. Also, many contemporary seeker-sensitive churches are affiliated with the Purpose Driven Churches or Willow Springs associations. Both of these associations can provide listings of affiliated churches through their web sites. Easy to find with Google.

Many of the The Villages area churches have web sites that often provide helpful info. Some provide video/audio of sermons, etc., which may provide a sample of the worship. Village View Communuty is only one of several.

There are plenty of good churches around here and I trust that as you seek spiritual guidance and direction in your search that you will find a good fit for serving and being served. (Finding a John MacArthur is a hard bill to fill, although R.C. Sproul in Sanford is no slouch!)
Old 03-06-2011, 05:25 PM
Gold member
Location: Chicago, Des Moines, St Louis, Fort Wayne -TV Wannabe
Default thanks again

I am going to check out some of these choices. Thanks to you all. I will check out that website Tumbleweed. RC Sproul nice!!! Anyone else have a different recommendation?
Old 03-07-2011, 02:08 PM
Default Other choices

Like many of you, I searched for a good while after moving to tv in 2009.
I came from a very large, wonderful church and we tend to look for the same when we relocate. Unfortunately, that's usually hard to find. I visited most of the churches already mentioned in this forum and enjoyed each of them very much for their own uniqueness. After a year of being "retired" I am now playing the piano for a church my husband and I have found to be a home very quickly. The Community United Methodist Church is on 466A in Fruitland Park. It's a very friendly, welcoming church with a pastor who is very personable and a really good communicator from the pulpit. There are three services on Sunday am, (8:00, 9:30, 11:00) with the first and last being traditional services with choir, piano and organ, and the middle service is contemporary with praise band. Everyone is invited and welcomed!

My friend attends Leesburg First Assembly in Fruitland Park. She, too, came from a large Assembly of God church in Ga. The church is very mission and ministry minded, both community and foreign missions. The pastor is very transparent and teaches and preaches the Word. The music is contemporary, with praise band and choir. Services at 10:00 Sunday.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:50 PM
Default the perfect church

No, it's not a perfect church but check out the Lady Lake Church of God. It was destroyed in 2007 by a tornado and now has a beautiful new building. They have a great Pastor who preaches the word and a great music program.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.