Looking for a moderate/liberal church

Closed Thread
Old 02-12-2012, 08:26 PM
Talking Church

I can't help you, my religious education came from Nun's who were neither moderate or liberal!

Old 02-12-2012, 09:04 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffAVEWS View Post
I can't help you, my religious education came from Nun's who were neither moderate or liberal!
Same here and I also had Brothers of the Christan Schools in high school where the closest I remember any Brother coming even remotely close to being political was in his being in love (his words not mine) with Barbara Streisand.
The Villages Florida
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 06-14-2012, 08:51 PM
Default Who do they marry?

What do you call a church that marries homosexuals and transgender people in their sanctuary?
There is a rather large riff going on up here in New England at some churches here that are heading in that direction or have married same sex couples. Several have left church over it.
I'm just curious if this issue is making itself known in area churches in TV.

My wife and I will be coming to TV this winter and it is a question we need answered before we become a part of any church.
Bob
Old 06-14-2012, 09:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by capecodbob View Post
What do you call a church that marries homosexuals and transgender people in their sanctuary?

There is a rather large riff going on up here in New England at some churches here that are heading in that direction or have married same sex couples. Several have left church over it.
I'm just curious if this issue is making itself known in area churches in TV.

My wife and I will be coming to TV this winter and it is a question we need answered before we become a part of any church.
Bob
"What do you call a church that...." I'd call it a group that does not believe Christ was talking about a man and a woman when He said, "and the two shall become as one".
He answered and said, “Have you not read that He who created them from the beginning made them male and female, and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? 6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate.” Matt. 19:5 Genesis 2:24
There are many, many churches in TV, both denominational and nondenominational, and from the churches I've attended and from what neighbors/friends say about their churches, the trend you describe is probably not a strong trend in TV, although it probably exists in some congregations.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:30 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to babbs455

Trinity Lutheran in Summerfield is on 441 past walmart going north its on the top of the hill on the left. I searched many churches until I found a church where I felt was HOME and I can tell you this church is WONDERFUL PAstor Mark and the congregation are AWESOME. My son and I were both Baptised there this past year. Outreach programs and many functions. WE are having a new member welcoming July 15 where all new members coming into the church are recognized and we hold a wonderful luncheon after service for them WE get to meet and greet you and shower you with love and friendship...and the food is always GREAT~~~come in Sunday for a visit we'd love to see you!!!
Old 06-15-2012, 01:42 PM
Gold member
Default Church for You

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
We are moving to Tamarind Grove in February. We are a moderate to liberal couple who enjoy a liberal-leaning church with outreach missions in which we can participate. In Muskegon, MI, and Pittsburgh, PA, we are affiliated with Presbyterian churches, although any protestant church with a moderate/liberal bent would suit us. We do not wish to make any religious judgements; we merely wish to find a church that would suit our views. Can anyone suggest one? Thank you for any help.
I am attending a church that might be exactly what you are looking for. It is Village View just of Rt, 441 North of the Villages. They conduct both contemporary and traditional services. This church is founded on the teachings of the Bible.

Warren We love ttending Village View even though we aren't members at the moment.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:42 PM
Smile Village View is Awesome!

5 services each weekend, both Contemporary and Traditional. Great people, lots of opportunities.
Old 06-16-2012, 04:19 PM

I second the United Church of Christ at The Villages. Is very open minded and a dedicated group of members.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgosforrent View Post
Unity, Uniterian, UCC, Hope Lutheran or St. Johns Lutheran and Open Circle MCC would be the most liberal churches that I am aware of in the area.

And yes some of them do perform marriage for all....all God's creations deserve to have that blessing.
No, you are wrong. MARRIAGE is between 1 man and 1 woman. Anything else is something else. Those that try to hijack marriage won't succeed. And where does it all end. A guy and his pony. A woman and her hamster? Two guys and a gal. And old man and a young boy (NAMBLA)?
Saw that a woman married herself last week.

We all know that God loves all his children but I bet ya he's not happy with that kind of behavior!
Old 06-17-2012, 02:42 PM
Sage

Accepting homosexual people in church is not the same thing as accepting/enabling teaching or behavior that directly disobeys or defies God's Word in the Bible.

When Christians reject clergy or congregants' disobedient and sinful actions, they are holding accountable that clergy or congregant so they stop leading others into the same sin.
Old 06-17-2012, 03:10 PM
Platinum member

I think we are talking about whether the Bible is the inerrant word of God. In other words,whether it should be followed literally-- word for word.

Some believe this. Others do not take the Bible literally.
Tampa, FL
Old 06-17-2012, 04:09 PM
Administrator

Thread closed - off topic.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.