Muslim or Christian

Closed Thread
Old 08-17-2013, 02:17 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie_marie View Post
You DO NOT have to go to church or believe in any god to be a good person with morals . That all I have to say about that .
Atheists that I have known, make better citizens than the devout Christians that I have known. I can't explain why, but that is the way they seem to me.
Old 08-17-2013, 02:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingnut View Post
Atheists that I have known, make better citizens than the devout Christians that I have known. I can't explain why, but that is the way they seem to me.
Hmmmnnnn....I'll have to start asking folks so I can compare them as well.

btk
Old 08-17-2013, 03:55 PM

Quote:
#31 Report Post
Unread Today, 03:17 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie_marie View Post
You DO NOT have to go to church or believe in any god to be a good person with morals . That all I have to say about that .

I agree it is true there are many, many kind and generous people that don't believe in God and have never been saved. Though morals are important we cannot live good enough to make it into heaven no matter how hard we try.

Being a Christian does not make anyone perfect as there is none, no not one without sin as stated in the Holy Bible.

We must repent and be saved and forgiven of the sin of unbelief if we are to enter into heaven as this is the only sin that separates us from God.

We don't repent of carnal sins when begotten by the Holy Spirit but the sin of unbelief which is of the heart. We are promised one opportunity but some receive many callings. A calling comes as a still small voice speaking to our hearts. Many refuse the call to repent never to be called upon again even though they may try to live an exemplary life. We look upon the outside of a person while God looks upon the inside.

Proverbs 1:27
When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.

28 Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me:

29 For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the Lord:

Last edited by Easyrider; 08-22-2013 at 03:55 PM.
Old 08-22-2013, 03:17 AM
Unhappy Muslim or Christian God?

I am a believer in Christ for over 35 years now..coming out of jewish heritage. Jesus was a jew just for the record. I have studied the life of mohammed. the history of the origins of islam and how it spread, and the teachings of the qur'an and hadiths...the fundamental blue print for the foundational religiousity of islam. I have studied the history of Christ, christianity, and Christs teachings. and how he lived his life.. To do a comparative study on two men, even if you do not believe in Christ as diety.. one can only come to the unmistakable conclusion .that mohammed was a power driven lust filled maniacal pedifile self proclaiming prophet...whom to this day , people look to as a role model. the teachings of Christ .....are peace, the teachings of mohammed were war and vengence. Insofar as 'christians' choosing the commandments, I am most curious how many christians the writer that began this thread have met in their lifetime. there are approximately 2 billion or more christians in the world. Christs commandments were simple yet profound. to love God with all your heart spirit mind strength(the Shema') and to love your neighbor as yourself. I do not know one christian on earth that would disagree with those two commandments. Following them is of course another story. that is why christianity is not based on our performance but on the teachings and life of the Christ. To this very day..2013, all over the islamic world.. women are still being stoned to death in the 2lst century and people who try to leave the 'religion' of islam are being tortured and murdered as apostates. The qur'an has over 100 surahs that teach and preach death and intolerance to non believers. Human rights violations..most especially as it applies to the female gender, regarding stoning.. female mutalation with female circumcision , honor killings abound in islamic societies. muslim countrys are coming apart . There are no freedoms in islamic societies. God did not make us robots...and when one is FORCED to follow rules and regulations..that is not true love for God, that is slavery, which islam abides to by the nth degree, slavery to 'allah' I DONT KNOW ABOUT THE WRITER OF THIS THREAD..WHO IS ADVOCATING..that christians..pick and choose commandments..and advocate sin ..i.e. sex drinking etc etc. to their hearts content...where they come up with that allegation, I only know that true christians that love Christ try to walk in His ways, stumble , and continue to press on growing in their faith till the day they die...CHRISTIANITY IS worship of life, l'chaim, Jesus said He is the way the truth and the LIFE.
islam is worship of death. there are millions of muslims around the world who have left islam, exmuslims.com is for sale @ DomainMarket.com, Apostates of Islam - We left Islam, so many sites and blogs...and with great peril to their own lives that they have left islam i might add. I believe with all due respect here, that the person who opened up this thread..saying islam is a better god to follow is clueless of its teachings, and its blood filled history. to be sure 'christianity' had moments of violence in its history, but again to reiterate, the teachings of Christ and mohammed are apples and oranges here...and no christian in the 2lst century is killing anyone for leaving a church, or stoning women to death. Islam is still in the 7th century. Sharia law..is lawless..and its courts in muslim countrys are a horror show to women especially rape victims.
I could go on and on and on..and unfortunately I think I did here..so I apologize for that...but it is hard to fanthom anyone advocating islamic teachings over christianity. there are so many books to read..but i would humbly suggest two .....to the writer who initiated this thread.
one is the bible
the other is the quran
if at the end of the day, the writer who began this thread still thinks islam is a better way to go.
good luck. unlike islam God does not force himself on anyones heart.
Old 08-22-2013, 03:48 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActsOfKindness View Post
I am a believer in Christ for over 35 years now..coming out of jewish heritage. Jesus was a jew just for the record. I have studied the life of mohammed. the history of the origins of islam and how it spread, and the teachings of the qur'an and hadiths...the fundamental blue print for the foundational religiousity of islam. I have studied the history of Christ, christianity, and Christs teachings. and how he lived his life.. To do a comparative study on two men, even if you do not believe in Christ as diety.. one can only come to the unmistakable conclusion .that mohammed was a power driven lust filled maniacal pedifile self proclaiming prophet...whom to this day , people look to as a role model. the teachings of Christ .....are peace, the teachings of mohammed were war and vengence. Insofar as 'christians' choosing the commandments, I am most curious how many christians the writer that began this thread have met in their lifetime. there are approximately 2 billion or more christians in the world. Christs commandments were simple yet profound. to love God with all your heart spirit mind strength(the Shema') and to love your neighbor as yourself. I do not know one christian on earth that would disagree with those two commandments. Following them is of course another story. that is why christianity is not based on our performance but on the teachings and life of the Christ. To this very day..2013, all over the islamic world.. women are still being stoned to death in the 2lst century and people who try to leave the 'religion' of islam are being tortured and murdered as apostates. The qur'an has over 100 surahs that teach and preach death and intolerance to non believers. Human rights violations..most especially as it applies to the female gender, regarding stoning.. female mutalation with female circumcision , honor killings abound in islamic societies. muslim countrys are coming apart . There are no freedoms in islamic societies. God did not make us robots...and when one is FORCED to follow rules and regulations..that is not true love for God, that is slavery, which islam abides to by the nth degree, slavery to 'allah' I DONT KNOW ABOUT THE WRITER OF THIS THREAD..WHO IS ADVOCATING..that christians..pick and choose commandments..and advocate sin ..i.e. sex drinking etc etc. to their hearts content...where they come up with that allegation, I only know that true christians that love Christ try to walk in His ways, stumble , and continue to press on growing in their faith till the day they die...CHRISTIANITY IS worship of life, l'chaim, Jesus said He is the way the truth and the LIFE.
islam is worship of death. there are millions of muslims around the world who have left islam, exmuslims.com is for sale @ DomainMarket.com, Apostates of Islam - We left Islam, so many sites and blogs...and with great peril to their own lives that they have left islam i might add. I believe with all due respect here, that the person who opened up this thread..saying islam is a better god to follow is clueless of its teachings, and its blood filled history. to be sure 'christianity' had moments of violence in its history, but again to reiterate, the teachings of Christ and mohammed are apples and oranges here...and no christian in the 2lst century is killing anyone for leaving a church, or stoning women to death. Islam is still in the 7th century. Sharia law..is lawless..and its courts in muslim countrys are a horror show to women especially rape victims.
I could go on and on and on..and unfortunately I think I did here..so I apologize for that...but it is hard to fanthom anyone advocating islamic teachings over christianity. there are so many books to read..but i would humbly suggest two .....to the writer who initiated this thread.
one is the bible
the other is the quran
if at the end of the day, the writer who began this thread still thinks islam is a better way to go.
good luck. unlike islam God does not force himself on anyones heart.
Wow..... I am the OP of this thread. Please go back and read it. I said in no uncertain terms that I would NEVER go with Muslim over Christianity. The world would be better off without any religion than having us fight and kill in the name of god, but Christianity is less violent than Muslim so if we must have one I vote for the teachings of Jesus. Be very clear, when it comes to fanatical thinking, the people of the Middle East lead the world.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
Wow..... I am the OP of this thread. Please go back and read it. I said in no uncertain terms that I would NEVER go with Muslim over Christianity. The world would be better off without any religion than having us fight and kill in the name of god, but Christianity is less violent than Muslim so if we must have one I vote for the teachings of Jesus. Be very clear, when it comes to fanatical thinking, the people of the Middle East lead the world.
I noticed one thing, Lou, and that is you left Judaism out of your equation. They were around thousands of years before either Jesus or Mohammed. Lots of horrific acts by early Jews against non-believers in the Bible. Lots of horrific acts by Christians such as the Crusades and the Inquisition. Look at early Puritans in the colonial USA. Many examples of horrific acts by Muslims, Jews, and Christians (all radical at times).

For fanatical thinking, think of the Buddhist monks who set themselves on fire at the beginning of the Vietnam Conflict in protest of a government.

Remember, there is one God - not a Jewish God, not a Christian God, and not a Muslim God. As we say at my church at the end of the service, "Go in peace and spread the Good Word." Do it.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
I noticed one thing, Lou, and that is you left Judaism out of your equation. They were around thousands of years before either Jesus or Mohammed. Lots of horrific acts by early Jews against non-believers in the Bible. Lots of horrific acts by Christians such as the Crusades and the Inquisition. Look at early Puritans in the colonial USA. Many examples of horrific acts by Muslims, Jews, and Christians (all radical at times).

For fanatical thinking, think of the Buddhist monks who set themselves on fire at the beginning of the Vietnam Conflict in protest of a government.

Remember, there is one God - not a Jewish God, not a Christian God, and not a Muslim God. As we say at my church at the end of the service, "Go in peace and spread the Good Word." Do it.
Why do people keep getting this wrong? Muslims had taken over everything from Istanbul, to all of northern Africa, Spain, and a lot of France. The Crusades were a REACTION to Muslim aggression. The Crusades were the beating back of Islam. Oh, and it's a "Christian War" ONLY because the Pope was the one man who could unite the numerous "squabbling" countries to fight united. The Catholic church did very well in that arrangement. The kings paid dearly to keep their lands from falling into Muslim hands.
Old 08-24-2013, 03:10 AM
Sage

One common thread in events that end with thousands of deaths. Religion or race differences.
Old 08-24-2013, 06:07 AM

Quote:
One common thread in events that end with thousands of deaths. Religion or race differences.
So then, why do we keep pretending that it doesn't matter, that we can all get along? History has shown that we can't. Why do we keep trying to fool ourselves?
Old 08-24-2013, 06:38 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by donb9006 View Post
So then, why do we keep pretending that it doesn't matter, that we can all get along? History has shown that we can't. Why do we keep trying to fool ourselves?
True. I see two options:

1. Outlaw all religion.

2. Eliminate everyone not of your religion.

Pick one.
Old 08-24-2013, 06:59 AM
Sage

Quote:
True. I see two options:

1. Outlaw all religion.

2. Eliminate everyone not of your religion.

Pick one.
I choose C.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Beer IS proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. ”

I pick C, also, Doug.

Gracie.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:49 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post

"Amen" - very insightful post!
Old 08-24-2013, 01:55 PM
Sage

To quote from a hymn sung at my church:
"Let there be peace on Earth. And let it begin with me. Let there be peace on earth
The peace that was meant to be. With God as our father
Brothers all are we. Let me walk with my brother In perfect harmony." Composed by Sy Miller and Jill Jackson
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.