Searching for Old Fashioned Music and Sermons

Closed Thread
Old 10-05-2008, 12:15 PM
Default Searching for Old Fashioned Music and Sermons

Hi. I was raised in a Lutheran/Baptist/Methodist type Church. Lutheran doctrine, Baptist and Methodist choir directors. The old-time hymns mean a lot to me;but unfortunately, most churches in my area have gone contemporary. Does anyone over in TV have any idea where I might start my search for a church home with traditional values and music? I'm hoping that this will not be much of a problem in an area of people of my age. This is one of the main reasons I'm looking forward to the move...a new church home in which I can feel at home and give back to my community. Thanks.
Port Lavaca, TX

The Villages, FL

LOVE and MERCY
Old 10-05-2008, 12:47 PM

Hi Harmony5...
When we closed our house in July, we met our next-door neighbors who invited us to go to church with them at The First Baptist Church of The Villages. They have a choir and the old hymns were sung. Everyone was very friendly and they have traditional values. It is off CR 42 but can be gotten to via the village of Calumet Grove. This is their web site:
http://fbcvillages.org
Old 10-05-2008, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzbyn View Post
Hi Harmony5...
When we closed our house in July, we met our next-door neighbors who invited us to go to church with them at The First Baptist Church of The Villages. They have a choir and the old hymns were sung. Everyone was very friendly and they have traditional values. It is off CR 42 but can be gotten to via the village of Calumet Grove. This is their web site:
http://fbcvillages.org
Great! Thanks so much..Will certainly be there the first Sunday we're there....Hemingway also!
Port Lavaca, TX

The Villages, FL

LOVE and MERCY
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.