Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Marion County

Closed Thread
Old 05-14-2008, 12:37 AM
Email Reported As Spam
Default Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Marion County

We are enjoying being in our new building, and look forward to welcoming you!!

We are a freethinking, questioning and caring community

If you are looking for a church community of freethinkers, please join us any Sunday 10:30am for our regular service, and 9:30am for our forum discussion
Our location is

7280 Se 135th. St.
Summerfield Fl. 34491

(352) 245-7944
www.uufmc.org

uufmc@comcast.net

Last edited by robrita; 11-24-2008 at 10:01 AM.
Old 05-14-2008, 03:31 AM
mcelheny
Default Re: Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Marion County

I am a UU. Wish I could be there but will be there in July.
Old 05-14-2008, 03:36 AM
mcelheny

You know me!!
You should come on this blog more often.

Yes Yes This is the friendlest group!
Old 05-15-2008, 12:29 PM
Taltarzac

Information about Unitarian Universalism-- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unitarian_Universalism
Old 05-15-2008, 12:56 PM
Sage

Sounds like my kind of church Tal. Thanks for the info. I will be anxious to attend when I return to TV.

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 10-19-2008, 06:00 PM
Thumbs up This is a great church

One of the nice things about this church is I can stay in touch by computer.(I am on there mailing list)
Wonderful people...check it out sometime.
Old 10-24-2008, 02:28 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best Mom View Post
One of the nice things about this church is I can stay in touch by computer.(I am on there mailing list)
Wonderful people...check it out sometime.

Best Mom....would love to go with you when you arrive....(when is that by the way).....my Aunt referred me to UU and I was excited to find one close by...she is a former Nun by the way who is now married to a Jewish man 20 yrs her Sr.....the neatest woman in the world!!

Suzy Toronto
Old 10-24-2008, 08:45 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassie325 View Post
Best Mom....would love to go with you when you arrive....(when is that by the way).....my Aunt referred me to UU and I was excited to find one close by...she is a former Nun by the way who is now married to a Jewish man 20 yrs her Sr.....the neatest woman in the world!!
Cassie, I am amazed by the story of your aunt. Now there is a free thinker! God love her, Being very open minded myself and non judgemental ,I think I would absolutely love that woman!

Maby you could put a blog out about that story sometime, I think it is truly facinating!

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:57 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nONIE View Post
Cassie, I am amazed by the story of your aunt. Now there is a free thinker! God love her, Being very open minded myself and non judgemental ,I think I would absolutely love that woman!

Maby you could put a blog out about that story sometime, I think it is truly facinating!

You got it...actually when I was in 8th grade is when she left the convent...and I wrote an essay about my "hero"....she amazed me even then....guess what....her plan is to eventually move down here....they live in Asheville right now and Bernie (uncle) wants to stay there till end of life....he is 89 god bless him!!

Anyway....she will move here at some point....as a new chapter in her book of life....and will be one of my BESTEST friends!! You will love her!!

Suzy Toronto
Old 10-24-2008, 11:34 AM
Veteran member
Default Me too !

I'm not a religious person but the UU does appeal to me. I'll put it on my list of things to check out when I eventually do my Lifestyle Preview
Old 10-24-2008, 12:45 PM
Smile Check out UU Church

Cassie-I am recovering from surgery so it will probably be Dec. or Jan. before I make it down but I promise to get in touch with you.

ConeyIsBabe and Everybody--UU's welcome everybody!!! You don't have to be religious or you can still retain you old religion. One of their mission statements is..."The Inherent worth and dignity of Every Person."

It pushes no one creed. All religions, cultures, etc come together in UU churches. Here in upstate NY we sing...
"Go now in peace, may the spirit of Love surround you everywhere you go."
(Sounds like nONIE)

So ConeyIsBabe check UU churches out in Oregon.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:32 PM
Platinum member

Well I am very much looking forward to meeting you....I will have to go check out the church prior to then though.....thanks again....and I know I owe you a PM!!!

Suzy Toronto
Old 10-24-2008, 08:51 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Concepts about deity are diverse among UUs. Some believe that there is no god (atheism); others believe in many gods (polytheism). Some believe that God is a metaphor for a transcendent reality (pantheism). Some believe in a female god (goddess), a passive god (Deism), a Christian god, or a god manifested in nature or the universe, as revealed by science. Many UUs reject the idea of deities and instead speak of the "spirit of life" that binds all life on earth. Unitarian Universalists support each person's search for truth and meaning in concepts of spirituality.

I THINK I'LL PASS ON THIS ONE !!!!!!!!NOT MY CUP OF TEA,!!!!
Old 10-24-2008, 08:57 PM
Platinum member

Fumar....you constantly AMAZE me with your knowledge of so many things....even when you want nothing to do with it....while reading your post...I thought maybe you were a member of the church....then I see the bottom bolded lines....

Suzy Toronto
Old 10-26-2008, 01:34 PM
Smile Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Marion County

A google on the computer will never tell you about Unitarian Universalists. I am not a member but a friend. I travel a lot and every UU church is very different. In Marion County, it is a group of retired people who have no minister. They bring in very interesting speakers. Last time I was there in May, we had a very high ranking General from the military talking about war. There was a great question and answer period.
Most Americans go "Huh?" when you mention UUs. My daughter took me first to a church in Calif. and it was party time. Went to one in Chapel Hill, NC and it was all expensive suits and business cards. Here in my little town on Lake Erie it is college professors and tree huggers. My daughter takes her pick in Chicago from 3 UU churches-all different.
There are thousands of famous UUs.-Henry David Thoreau, Alex Graham Bell, Clara Barton, Susan B Anthony, Paul Newman, Pete Seeger, and on and on. Google famous UUs.
Remember I am not a member--just a person who found a very peaceful and loving group of people whose deeds speak louder than words.

Last edited by Best Mom; 10-26-2008 at 06:25 PM.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.