Women's Bible Study

Closed Thread
Old 04-16-2009, 06:29 AM
Gold member
Location: Chicago, Des Moines, St Louis, Fort Wayne -TV Wannabe
Default Women's Bible Study

Does anyone know of a great Women's Bible Study in the villages? Perhaps a Kay Arthur or Beth Moore study...either at your church or in a home?
Old 09-11-2011, 08:57 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djv View Post
Yes, Beth Moore Bible Study at Village View Community Church just north of The Villages. Tuesday mornings. 9:30 am
Are they still gathering?
Old 09-11-2011, 09:28 PM
Gold member
Default Fbcotv

First Baptist Church also offers Beth Moore Bible study. Check their website.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:37 PM
Gold member
Location: Chicago, Des Moines, St Louis, Fort Wayne -TV Wannabe
Default Lol

Imagine my surprise to see this resurected thread from 2 years ago!!!
Old 09-11-2011, 11:21 PM
Gold member

"I don't know what the future holds but I do know Who holds the future"...I love it! I often say "I don't know all the answers, but I am good friends with the GUY Who does! Not currently living in The Villages, but I really miss the days when I could attend Bible Study with some really dear sisters in Christ.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:48 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djv View Post
Yes, Beth Moore Bible Study at Village View Community Church just north of The Villages. Tuesday mornings. 9:30 am
This study has started...and is "DAVID". There is another Beth Moore going on on Friday's and it's called "HERE and NOW, THERE and Than" on the book of Revelation and it too has started. You can call the church at 352-307-7303 for more information.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:54 PM

Does anyone know if there's a Bible Study Fellowship (BSF) that meets in The Villages?
Old 09-12-2011, 10:28 PM

Community Bible Study (nondenominational and patterned after BSF) meets weekly on Monday afternoons in The Villages. Their website gives needed info for class time, location and enrollment (could not paste a link here). It can be found by googling it.
Old 10-29-2011, 02:47 PM

Community Bible Study (CBS) meets on Mondays from 3-5 pm at New Covenant Methodist Church, 3470 Woodridge Dr off Co. Rd. 466 and 101. This year we are studying Luke. There are close to 100 women involved from many denominations. We break up into smaller groups of about 15. It's an excellent study. Newcomers are welcome! Come join us!
Old 10-30-2011, 04:41 PM

Community United Methodist in Fruitland Park has ongoing Beth Moore studies.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana Kathy View Post
Community Bible Study (CBS) meets on Mondays from 3-5 pm at New Covenant Methodist Church, 3470 Woodridge Dr off Co. Rd. 466 and 101. This year we are studying Luke. There are close to 100 women involved from many denominations. We break up into smaller groups of about 15. It's an excellent study. Newcomers are welcome! Come join us!
Community Bible Study (CBS) is excellent. Consistently, almost every week, I hear women say they like this course format because "we learn for ourselves by reading/studying the Scripture passages......it's not about sitting there listening to somebody always talking at you".

It's a tried and true method, completely nondenominational.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:30 PM

Oh my gosh i just read this. i would love to be a part of such a womens bible study. i am in the villages 7 years..from hebraic roots ..hubby and i...and not knocking any of the churches here..but would love to get something IN SOMEONES HOME..THAT IS WARM FRIENDLY and uplifting...for a bible study. my name is marlene meltzer and both hubby and i are from jewish roots...that came to faith in the Lord about 35 years ago. living in the villages 7 years..would love to have some fellowship and prayer and be a part of a small group bible study. my home and my heart are open. write me or call me if you are led by the Holy spirit. 352 633 2246, marlenem_55@yahoo.com...hugs in Jesus
Old 11-17-2012, 05:33 PM

would be nice if someone in the villages wanted to get together with a few women ..sisters in the faith..no matter what our 'backgrounds' for a non denominational loving prayer bible study get together. i m willing to open my home. please write if anyone is interested thanks.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:30 PM
Sage

First Baptist Church of The Villages offers both Beth Moore and Kay Arthur studies as an on-going thing. You don't have to be a member of the church to attend. I'd start there then maybe from word of mouth you'll hear of "in-home" studies! THAT'S what I'd recommend!!

Village View Church in Summerfield also offers women's Bible studies as well. Fairway Christian Church on 466...you can find all of these churches in the book OR you can google their websites for more information!
Old 11-17-2012, 11:31 PM
Sage

First Baptist Church of The Villages offers both Beth Moore and Kay Arthur studies as an on-going thing. You don't have to be a member of the church to attend. I'd start there then maybe from word of mouth you'll hear of "in-home" studies! THAT'S what I'd recommend!!

Village View Church in Summerfield also offers women's Bible studies as well. Fairway Christian Church on 466 and Live Oaks Community Church (a new church to The Villages has them in homes)...you can find all of these churches in the book OR you can google their websites for more information!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.