Anyone use an advisor who works on an hourly basis.

Closed Thread
Old 08-26-2023, 06:25 AM
Default Anyone use an advisor who works on an hourly basis.

I'm looking for an advisor to review my assets management plan. My finances are very simple, and I don't need a financial plan so to speak, just help reviewing my asset allocation. I don't want to pay 1% for ongoing account management, but am looking for an advisor who works on an hourly basis. Any suggestions? TIA.
Old 08-26-2023, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbb View Post
I'm looking for an advisor to review my assets management plan. My finances are very simple, and I don't need a financial plan so to speak, just help reviewing my asset allocation. I don't want to pay 1% for ongoing account management, but am looking for an advisor who works on an hourly basis. Any suggestions? TIA.
Search the following fee-only advisor sites:
Napfa.org and Garrettplanningnetwork.com

These advisors will often agree to an hourly charge for services rendered.
The advisors that have solicited me in The Villages are all fee-based and have no interest in charging an hourly fee. They want to sell you an annuity and charge high AUM fees.
Or, as an alternative, contact Vanguard or Fidelity.
Old 08-26-2023, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plinker View Post

The advisors that have solicited me in The Villages are all fee-based and have no interest in charging an hourly fee. They want to sell you an annuity and charge high AUM fees.
Tks
Old 08-28-2023, 12:07 PM

Quote:
I know one in Ohio. She is under the Garret Planning network and came highly recommended. She gave me exactly what i asked for. She does phone consults. Lemme know if you would like her info. She is a fiduciary. I investigated all this last year. I'll go ahead and put her name here as i may not be online for a few days. Its Som Hanvanich in Kettering Ohio.

Last edited by Gigi3000; 08-28-2023 at 12:17 PM.
Old 08-28-2023, 12:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,739 Times in 5,253 Posts

OP, you may be able to get what you need for free by making an in-person appointment with Fidelity Investments at Lake Sumter.
Old 08-28-2023, 12:35 PM
Veteran member

Quote:

These advisors will often agree to an hourly charge for services rendered. o
You can also include XY Planning Network.
Old 08-28-2023, 12:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,050 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
OP, you may be able to get what you need for free by making an in-person appointment with Fidelity Investments at Lake Sumter.
Neighbor was just there and they pushed annuities at him very strongly.
Old 08-28-2023, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigi3000 View Post
I know one in Ohio. She is under the Garret Planning network and came highly recommended. She gave me exactly what i asked for. She does phone consults. Lemme know if you would like her info. She is a fiduciary. I investigated all this last year. I'll go ahead and put her name here as i may not be online for a few days. Its Som Hanvanich in Kettering Ohio.
Tks
Old 08-28-2023, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Thanks, I did talk to a Fidelity guy a few years ago and he was really just interested in pushing an investment.
Old 08-29-2023, 07:35 PM

Quote:

Vanguard only offers advice on a percentage basis. We had a meeting with such an advisor this morning and we passed on it when we heard that they only offered the percentage basis.
Old 08-30-2023, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalley View Post
Vanguard only offers advice on a percentage basis. We had a meeting with such an advisor this morning and we passed on it when we heard that they only offered the percentage basis.
Yea I used Vanguard for a few years, they did an ok job, but they insist on, what I feel is a high percentage, of foreign stocks and bonds. Their overall fee was only .3% which is very low, but their totally cookie cutter approach 60/40 was something I can do myself.
Old 09-02-2023, 03:21 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigi3000 View Post

Thank you. She has an impressive and detailed website. From reading through it, it looks like she is the real deal.

I looked for a fee-only advisor several years ago. I finally found one who claimed to be, but he wanted to be paid on a retainer basis. I did not want to do that.

I remember you had a lot of questions a while back. I am glad to know you found an actual fee-only advisor. Looks like they really do exist.

Boomer
Old 09-02-2023, 04:07 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts
Default When in Rome?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Neighbor was just there and they pushed annuities at him very strongly.
Interesting. My Fidelity contact (up north) would not dare.

Interesting. But not surprising.

My guess is it was a young man out to make his fortune fast, thinking TV is full of live ones just waiting to hang on his every word of financial "knowledge, so he went for the gusto. HAH!

(Did I guess right?)

Boomer
Old 09-02-2023, 05:03 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Yea I used Vanguard for a few years, they did an ok job, but they insist on, what I feel is a high percentage, of foreign stocks and bonds. Their overall fee was only .3% which is very low, but their totally cookie cutter approach 60/40 was something I can do myself.
Had a retirement/401k through Vanguard and it was invested in a 2020 retirement goal plan. Crazy. It peaked in 2020 and dropped big time in 2022 and stayed down.
Old 09-02-2023, 06:37 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkingston57 View Post
Had a retirement/401k through Vanguard and it was invested in a 2020 retirement goal plan. Crazy. It peaked in 2020 and dropped big time in 2022 and stayed down.
It probably held a high percentage of bonds.
Closed Thread

Tags
advisor, plan, management, basis, hourly

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.