CD Rates

Closed Thread
Old 04-06-2023, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I use the Cash Reserve Federal Money Market Admiral fund. The current yield is 4.78 percent. The expense ratio is 0.1 percent, but that is built into the share price, so the actual yield is 4.78 percent.

For CDs, Vanguard doesn't charge anything for new issues, but there is a $1 fee per $1,000 to purchase a secondary CD (not a new issue). You can now get a 5 percent or higher yield with a Vanguard brokered CD. Vanguard's fees for most products are so low, they are hardly worth computing.

Note, if you want to increase your overall yield a little bit, consider putting about 15 to 20 percent of your savings into the Vanguard High Yield Corporate Bond fund. Somewhat risky, but it is currently yielding 7.02 percent.
Wooooo...You're a risk taker! 80%ish of Vanguard Corp Bond fund is BBB to B. But i am looking for more risk with a portion of my portfolio.....so i'm mulling over. I'll give my fiduciary a heart attack...lol
Closed Thread

Tags
offering, forum, familiar, offer, bank

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.