Charlie Munger. (1924 - 2023)

Closed Thread
Old 11-29-2023, 08:44 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts
Default Charlie Munger. (1924 - 2023)

Charlie almost made it to 100. He was born on New Year’s Day in 1924.

I watched some of the BRK meeting on CNBC in May and there was Charlie, alongside his best friend and business partner. Although it was clear then that Charlie’s physical self was betraying him, his wit was still firing fast — and right on target.

I have always enjoyed the wise and funny quotes from Warren Buffett, but today I will be spending a little time remembering Charlie’s quotes.

He definitely could make his brilliant opinions clear, with humor and directness. I bet there are a lot of people who wish they had heard what he had to say about crypto. It was a colorfully worded use of imagery and comparison — left a picture in the mind. Charlie sure could turn a phrase — and a profit.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 11-29-2023 at 09:00 AM.
Old 11-29-2023, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Charlie almost made it to 100. He was born on New Year’s Day in 1924.

I watched some of the BRK meeting on CNBC in May and there was Charlie, alongside his best friend and business partner. Although it was clear then that Charlie’s physical self was betraying him, his wit was still firing fast — and right on target.

I have always enjoyed the wise and funny quotes from Warren Buffett, but today I will be spending a little time remembering Charlie’s quotes.

He definitely could make his brilliant opinions clear, with humor and directness. I bet there are a lot of people who wish they had heard what he had to say about crypto. It was a colorfully worded use of imagery and comparison — left a picture in the mind. Charlie sure could turn a phrase — and a profit.

Boomer
We knew this day would come, as it will for all of us, but it is still sad. He had a great life of almost 100 years. I will certainly miss his biting wit and sound investment advice, as well as his observations and opinions about life. May he rest in peace.
Old 11-30-2023, 09:46 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Charlie was one of a kind. He had a unique approach to life. IMHO Charlie had a much greater role in the success of BRK than is generally appreciated.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Closed Thread

Tags
charlie, clear, charlie’s, quotes, directness

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.