Given the inflation decline, Fed should be done hiking. . .

Closed Thread
Old 11-08-2023, 01:09 PM
Default Inflation DECLINE?

///

Last edited by Moderator; 11-08-2023 at 06:33 PM.
Old 11-08-2023, 04:33 PM
Default Inflation

Inflation has nothing to do with our current administration or any administration!!!!!!!!!!!!

Simple Economics........demand is outstripping supply and wages are at an all time high!!!
Thats spells higher prices. Like the dinosaur, if you don't adjust your budget you will perish. Lets add in the cost of computerization and you have runaway inflation.

The fed is the only way to decrease demand/higher interest rates. If the consumer stops buying prices will come down,BUT, they won't. Unlike the older generation they have no sense of things they need vs things they want. Its a conundrum. And it aint political.

Lets not forget the population growth. The supply of things has to increase past demand for prices to fall. The good news is savings interest rates at 5%, lock them in.
This situation isn't going away for a while, adjust.

If the Saudis want to turn off the taps and increase gas its at their whim. We are not oil independent. Strap in boys and girls, your in for a bumpy ride regardless of politics, they have just turned into entertainment and that is a dangerous situation. Hopefully we will not be attacked. Welcome to the new world. God bless the bubble!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by easeonby View Post
There is no inflation decline, prices have not come down on anything and
they continue to rise. Our current admistristration is nothing but smoke and mirrors
trying to get you to believe they are doing a great job, Build Back Better and the Inflation
Act is a complete failure.
Old 11-08-2023, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easeonby View Post
There is no inflation decline, prices have not come down on anything and
they continue to rise. Our current admistristration is nothing but smoke and mirrors
trying to get you to believe they are doing a great job, Build Back Better and the Inflation
Act is a complete failure.
No, Im sorry, you just don't understand the definition of inflation. It's not that difficult, you can even google it or ask a friend but you really need to first understand a concept before you start making accusations. However, you are partially correct on the blame game but the Fed has SIGNIFICANTLY MORE of an effect on inflation.
Old 11-08-2023, 04:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,939 Times in 2,459 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael G. View Post
Every time I see the word inflation which has been going on for years which means raising prices
I always wonder:
"Why do we still have the penny:?
We won’t have any currency in near future, paper worthless anyway and coins can’t be tracked. Once online banking only way every invisible cent can’t be tracked, account for, And easily taken.
Old 11-08-2023, 04:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,939 Times in 2,459 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by melpetezrinski View Post
No, Im sorry, you just don't understand the definition of inflation. It's not that difficult, you can even google it or ask a friend but you really need to first understand a concept before you start making accusations. However, you are partially correct on the blame game but the Fed has SIGNIFICANTLY MORE of an effect on inflation.
So, what saying once prices go up it’s new standard and inflation only affects that price point.
Old 11-08-2023, 05:24 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,045 Times in 536 Posts
Default Oil on Decline

Crude dropped below 75 briefly, gas was below $3 in Wesley Chapel today. This is one driver for a decrease in inflationary pressure.

“ There are those who believe something, and therefore will tolerate nothing; and on the other hand, those who tolerate everything, because they believe nothing.” - Robert Browning
Old 11-08-2023, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
So, what saying once prices go up it’s new standard and inflation only affects that price point.
Well you have to set date parameters like month over month or on an annual basis. You just can't take say gas at the pump today is $3 and tomorrow it jumps to $3.6 because of a pipeline attack and claim inflation's at 20%. The OP said "inflation decline", this DOES NOT mean prices are falling. It means THE RATE OF PRICE INCREASES are falling. Hypotethically speaking, gas was $3 on 1/1/2022. Inflation was 8% is 2022, so gas on 1/1/2023 would be $3.24. Inflation for 2023 is 4%, so INFLATION IS FALLING. However, gas on 1/1/2024 would be $3.37. $3.37 is a HIGHER PRICE than $3.24. So, prices can rise and we can still have inflation falling, or what is referred to as a disinflationary period.
Old 11-08-2023, 06:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,912 Times in 918 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstreamingypsy View Post
I saw who the OP was, and immediately thought... oboy, another doom and gloom post. Wonder what he's whining about now. I have a suggestion, enjoy the time you have left, turn off your favorite news channel, people who don't watch it are much happier without all the actors telling us the sky is falling. It's a beautiful fall day, go outside and enjoy it.
Fooled you didn't I? The post wasn't about all doom and gloom, it was a positive post about moderating inflation and interest rates not being forced up by the federal reserve, ha! So your intuition isn't always correct. .

And this is only my second post in this thread, and you posted as well, so you are inside as much as i am inside, so since I never watch CNBC, (mostly read online) and it is a high of 40 degrees today, i don't consider this fall, i will post a second one while its dahhhhk and cohhhld out.

And who said i wasn't happy? Other than the weather, life is great!
Old 11-08-2023, 09:50 PM

All I know is when are interest rates going to come down so I can sell my house?
Old 11-09-2023, 03:31 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaw8700@outlook.com View Post
All I know is when are interest rates going to come down so I can sell my house?
Hard to imagine under 5% without a deep recession. If your selling price is right someone will buy it with the hope of refinancing in the future.
Old 11-09-2023, 05:53 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,045 Times in 536 Posts
Default Policy Can Inflate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Iwaszko View Post
Inflation has nothing to do with our current administration or any administration!!!!!!!!!!!!

Simple Economics........demand is outstripping supply and wages are at an all time high!!!!
Yep EXCEPT for POLICY, which effects SUPPLY.
Too much money….policy
Too little oil….policy
Too many rules….policy

“ There are those who believe something, and therefore will tolerate nothing; and on the other hand, those who tolerate everything, because they believe nothing.” - Robert Browning
Old 11-09-2023, 06:06 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,777 Times in 3,645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Iwaszko View Post
Smells like a political post.
Tastes like a political post.
Looks like a political post.

Old 11-09-2023, 08:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
So you comparing inflation to oil market. Funny crud oil goes up and down but daily living prices don’t follow same pattern.
That does not seem to matter to those who measure/extrapolate/guess/don't understand the reality of the true cost of living....which has risen and continues to rise.
Another definition re-stated to suit the few.

__________________________________________________ ___

Old 11-09-2023, 10:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,179 Times in 835 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
That does not seem to matter to those who measure/extrapolate/guess/don't understand the reality of the true cost of living....which has risen and continues to rise.
Another definition re-stated to suit the few.
Maybe you would deign to provide all of us with your expert well researched and data supported "true cost of living" and show us several years of data using your metric and show us the factors you used in your calculation and why your data is a better measure than those used by the Dept of Commerce and Bureau of Labor Statistics.

I am sure your data will suit the many and be much accurate and reflect reality. So share it with us.
Old 11-09-2023, 10:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
Maybe you would deign to provide all of us with your expert well researched and data supported "true cost of living" and show us several years of data using your metric and show us the factors you used in your calculation and why your data is a better measure than those used by the Dept of Commerce and Bureau of Labor Statistics.

I am sure your data will suit the many and be much accurate and reflect reality. So share it with us.
WOW!
Closed Thread

Tags
rates, interest, year, higher, spending

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.