If you loved Disney at $197 in 08/21, you must really love it today @ $82

Closed Thread
Old 08-26-2023, 07:33 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,076 Times in 432 Posts

Perhaps the "silent majority" is not so silent after all. Large corporate entities are learning, the hard way, that trying to be a social media influencer comes with a cost. If you are in the entertainment business, entertain me. Once you dip your toe into the ever dividing social media cesspool, I'm out.
Old 08-26-2023, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
HandyGrandpap;2249108]Nine year low today at $82.
Parks cost too much, long lines, hotels overcharge.
If you listened to the last Quarterly update, their answer to lower revenue is to increase prices.

Yep, totally agree. Hesitate to write this (in fear of sounding like the person who goes to the race track or Las Vegas and never loses a $) but did have D stock in he "old days", and held it for years, it was a good investment, but in keeping with "pigs get slaughtered" theory of stock holding, did sell it way before the became "woke". Love the park here, at least 18 years annual pass holder, every food and wine event, every flower and gardening event, some really memorable meals, etc. HOWEVER, saw the "writing on the wall" even before the pandemic shut down. The astronomical prices of such simple things as a "continental" breakfast for $18, a danish and a "bottomless" cup of coffee ! Don't even follow the stock since selling at an all time high because no confidence in management, and you are so right, they do not seem to recognize constantly raising prices is NOT going to pull them out of their problems. It's a shame, a really iconic company that has trashed "Walt's dream". Did "Walt" dream of riches, sure did, but with a balance because he was not "tone deaf" to the public pulse.
Totally agree. How do you screw up a business that charges and gets $500 per night for a hotel room $300+ per day for a ticket and $7 for a bottle of water? And now they want to raise prices. Walt would be ashamed.
Old 08-26-2023, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFlorida View Post
It's become from an annual vacation, to a once in a lifetime vacation for a family .
Totally right.
Old 08-26-2023, 07:43 AM

It's so crowded, nobody goes there any more.
Old 08-26-2023, 09:24 AM
Veteran member

I wonder if CEO Bob Igor is meeting his performance goals.
Old 08-26-2023, 09:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,050 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMo50 View Post
Perhaps the "silent majority" is not so silent after all. Large corporate entities are learning, the hard way, that trying to be a social media influencer comes with a cost. If you are in the entertainment business, entertain me. Once you dip your toe into the ever dividing social media cesspool, I'm out.
Very true
Old 08-26-2023, 09:38 AM

When I was a kid my uncle & cousins would come down from the panhandle every Christmas to my parents house outside Orlando, it was a tradition. And the 8 of us could get into the MK would be able to get in for what would now be 3 person 1 day tickets. In the 90s when I was in High School I was a cast member at DW. Even in the early 90s prices did change but still was affordable, but I did notice that more big groups of foreign tourists were coming, much more than I remembered in the past. And the start of what is now “woke” special weeks where groups of another kind would come & you wouldn’t want to bring your children during those times in. But since Michael Eisner was replaced as CEO it seems like Disney decided to take advantage of their core base to become a greedy money monster, raising prices on everything each year even when they were still making good movies and getting surpluses on park admission and resorts people could afford, not to mention parking fees everywhere.
Seems to me that D only cares about making money and not being the place Walt envisioned where families could come to his parks to escape the real world for a day while still being able to afford it. But I guess that those massive amounts of foreign money coming from those BIG tour groups mean more to them than common people or even Florida residents, greed will bring D down and it will be of their own doing.
Old 08-26-2023, 09:39 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I bet Walt Disney is flopping in his grave to see how the new CEO is running Disney & keeping some of the unfortunate children from getting to see Disneyland! The CEO is running Disney like our govt. is running our country! He just to want to make a lot of money!
Old 08-26-2023, 10:21 AM
Default Cold water

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
Not sure where you saw $7 water but I'll be there next week and will look for that. The last I checked (not often) it was about $5. Still not cheap.

Better choice for water is bring your own and refill at fountains or filling stations.

But water isn't the issue with Disney, all their prices are high and have been increasing steadily in recent years. Up until now the argument has been that the parks are full so the prices aren't keeping people away. Well, the parks aren't full now. Whether that is due to the heat, the end of the post-pandemic vacation surge, or the prices, Disney needs to pay attention.
Cups of ice water are free at the counter restaurants. Doesn’t work so well at Epcot but does at the other 3 parks
Old 08-26-2023, 10:58 AM

Universal is adding 3 months Free to a single day ticket. Channel 9 TV ad. Yup, U kicking Disney Ass...
Old 08-26-2023, 11:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by askcarl View Post
Universal is adding 3 months Free to a single day ticket. Channel 9 TV ad. Yup, U kicking Disney Ass...
I pay for one day and get 89 days free??? I need to see that offer.

EDIT: Universal is adding three months free to an annual pass. Get 15 months for the price of 12.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough

Last edited by Bill14564; 08-27-2023 at 06:42 AM.
Old 08-26-2023, 11:04 AM

Heads Up. Walt died decades ago. So did the America you dream of.. and the World.

Change with the changes or stay home and bitch about Tee Times and TV turning to ****.

Change or stay home... noone forcing you to support anything.
Old 08-26-2023, 11:58 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by askcarl View Post
Heads Up. Walt died decades ago. So did the America you dream of.. and the World.

Change with the changes or stay home and bitch about Tee Times and TV turning to ****.

Change or stay home... noone forcing you to support anything.
Let not any one pacify his conscience by the delusion that he can do no harm if he takes no part, and forms no opinion. Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing. John Stuart Mill

Yeah, do like the man said. Stay home and do nothing. Especially the parents. They have no role in their children's moral development. That is the role of the government, schools, the media and Disney.
Old 08-26-2023, 12:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithos View Post
Let not any one pacify his conscience by the delusion that he can do no harm if he takes no part, and forms no opinion. Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing. John Stuart Mill

Yeah, do like the man said. Stay home and do nothing. Especially the parents. They have no role in their children's moral development. That is the role of the government, schools, the media and Disney.
Reading a few of the comments in this thread, the morality of some who may be parents is very frightening.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 08-26-2023, 12:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomSpasm View Post
It's so crowded, nobody goes there any more.
Interesting Yogi B. reference!
Closed Thread

Tags
today, $82, revenue, lower, answer

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.