mlp's

Closed Thread
Old 04-02-2009, 11:57 PM
Default mlp's

Anybody been looking at master limited partnerships? I own etp and pse have been looking at a few others very good yields these days. Pse has locked in a good portion of their oil production at $110 so div looks secure for next 3 years plus they have no debt unlike many of the mlp's. Etp has a good history of raising their dividend but with gas prices so low I doubt they will be increasing for a while.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:15 AM

I at various times have been attracted to MLPs due to their nice dividends. They also have some dividend tax advantages. The downside has always been the complicated tax structure and extra forms to be filled out at tax time.
Recently I ran across a mutual fund that owns a number of these MLPs and they take care of all the tax issues and just send you the dividend, They are currently paying 9.73 percent. The name of the fund is KAYNE ANDERSON MLP INVSMNT CO symbol is KYN. I am not recommending it but just think you might want to check it out if you are an MLP investor. www.kaynefunds.com

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.