Need help for my parents they have GWG L Bonds with Michael Whitaker and Associates

Closed Thread
Old 04-17-2023, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toymeister View Post
It's ironic that this guy has. Google review rating of 4.9 (quite high). Yes, I know those ratings are fairly useless but it does give the guy a positive vibe when you look him up on Google. Here is the link to leave your own review: michael whitaker and associates, llc the villages reviews - Google Search
One of the reviews was posted by his brother. I do not know if any more are fake. My review, I can promise you, is NOT fake. Thanks for posting the link.
Old 04-17-2023, 05:58 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,365 Times in 744 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDFlyer View Post
One of the reviews was posted by his brother. I do not know if any more are fake. My review, I can promise you, is NOT fake. Thanks for posting the link.
I gave you a thumbs up on the Google review site so that your review can appear closer to the top of the reviews. If others do the same your's will appear first.
Old 04-17-2023, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toymeister View Post
I gave you a thumbs up on the Google review site so that your review can appear closer to the top of the reviews. If others do the same your's will appear first.
Thanks..... Pretty low to have your brother rate you. Goes to show what the real Michael L. Whitaker is like and why you should not believe anything he tells you.
Old 04-17-2023, 06:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,000 Times in 5,366 Posts

I don't trust Google reviews. There is an advertiser on this website who has 76, 5-star Google reviews, but none of them provides their location or any information about who they are. And, they all say that the merchant "walks on water". How does that happen?
Old 04-18-2023, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Thanks..... Pretty low to have your brother rate you. Goes to show what the real Michael L. Whitaker is like and why you should not believe anything he tells you.
Pretty funny to give your own business 5 stars
Old 04-20-2023, 08:02 AM

Quote:
I filed today...........

SEC Investor Complaint Form
Spoke to a New York attorney yesterday who has been investigating Newbridge, Michael and other brokers with high sales in the GWG L Bonds. These brokers and Michael were making $20,000 to $30,000 a month (a month, took a minute for that to sink in) in commission in the years 2016-2020 from GWG another high-risk alternative products. He also stated this was not Michaels first alternative product that went belly up. How does this guy stay in business.
Old 04-20-2023, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyB View Post
Spoke to a New York attorney yesterday who has been investigating Newbridge, Michael and other brokers with high sales in the GWG L Bonds. These brokers and Michael were making $20,000 to $30,000 a month (a month, took a minute for that to sink in) in commission in the years 2016-2020 from GWG another high-risk alternative products. He also stated this was not Michaels first alternative product that went belly up. How does this guy stay in business.
I am so glad you started this thread. It gave me the courage to follow through with filings against Michael L Whitaker and Associates for the misdeeds he did to me. It also shed a bright light on the way his agency and others agencies take advantage of the most vulnerable of our society. They are the worst of the worst kind of crooks.
Old 04-24-2023, 09:19 AM

Quote:
I am so glad you started this thread. It gave me the courage to follow through with filings against Michael L Whitaker and Associates for the misdeeds he did to me. It also shed a bright light on the way his agency and others agencies take advantage of the most vulnerable of our society. They are the worst of the worst kind of crooks.
Please keep us updated
I know it will go well for you
Old 04-24-2023, 12:43 PM

The following was cut and pasted from Google Maps Review of what I am Michael l Whitaker posted.

Michael L Whitaker and Associates should never be allowed to handle anyone's money. He has multiple investigations in progress by the SEC and several fillings for arbitration settlements in progress by FINRA. In my opinion, does not act as a fiduciary for his clients, and does not manage the client's funds in the manner that he is instructed. By this I mean, if you say no or low-risk investments, he will put you in high risk.

Response from the owner 35 minutes ago
You are welcome to express your opinion Jesse, but you are spreading false and misleading information here and on Talk of The Villages. Life is too short for you to keep going on like this so maliciously.

If I am wrong maybe you can explain the SEC and FINRA complaints.
Old 04-27-2023, 06:47 PM

Quote:
The following was cut and pasted from Google Maps Review of what I am Michael l Whitaker posted.

Michael L Whitaker and Associates should never be allowed to handle anyone's money. He has multiple investigations in progress by the SEC and several fillings for arbitration settlements in progress by FINRA. In my opinion, does not act as a fiduciary for his clients, and does not manage the client's funds in the manner that he is instructed. By this I mean, if you say no or low-risk investments, he will put you in high risk.

Response from the owner 35 minutes ago
You are welcome to express your opinion Jesse, but you are spreading false and misleading information here and on Talk of The Villages. Life is too short for you to keep going on like this so maliciously.

If I am wrong maybe you can explain the SEC and FINRA complaints.
I guess Michael L Whitaker and Associates doesn't have an explanation of the SEC and FINRA complaints.
Old 04-30-2023, 11:07 AM

Hey, Michael I just came into a large sum of money. Got any suggestions on how to invest it? Maybe he can't explain the SEC and FINRA complaints but will respond to a chance to fleece me again.
Old 05-01-2023, 10:15 AM

Just what Michael L Whitaker and Associates were waiting for. Please do not let this thread die. If we keep it alive we may save one more victim from being taken in by this company. File your FINRA and SEC complaints if you feel you have be wronged by Michael L Whitaker and Associates.
Old 05-04-2023, 10:04 AM

Look like it's time for the bondholders to vote
Old 05-04-2023, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyB View Post
Look like it's time for the bondholders to vote
I did not get any notice to vote. What are we voting for or against?
Old 05-05-2023, 06:24 AM

In court filings on 4/17/23
GWG submitted a Revised Disclosure Statement for its Second Amended Reorganization Plan after US Bankruptcy Judge Marvin Isgur ordered the Chapter 11 debtor to provide L Bondholders with more information about potential recoveries before he approves sending Disclosure Statement to creditor to Vote on the Second Amended Reorganization Plan.
Closed Thread

Tags
gwg, michael, parents, bonds, found

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.