Need help for my parents they have GWG L Bonds with Michael Whitaker and Associates

Closed Thread
Old 05-18-2023, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDFlyer View Post
As I mentioned earlier, I would like to know how much in GWG L Bonds Michael Whitaker had and when he sold them. I hope I get the chance to depose him as part of my FINRA case. Where did you get this information?
If anyone knows how to get this information please post it here or send it to me via private message. If Michael L Whitaker sold his stock before GWG crashed then he must have had INSIDER information and that might be a crime.
Old 05-18-2023, 07:52 AM

From the attorney up north, that has been investigating Newbridge Securities.
Old 05-23-2023, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyB View Post
From the attorney up north, that has been investigating Newbridge Securities.
Michael L Whitaker and Associates was served with my FINRA complaint about 10 days ago but he has not responded to them regarding the complaint. I got information today, from a reliable source, that it is true that Michael L Whitaker was doing shady trades and deals that resulted in higher commissions for him but were not in the best interest of his clients.
Old 05-23-2023, 05:19 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,341 Times in 392 Posts

Quote:
Michael L Whitaker and Associates was served with my FINRA complaint about 10 days ago but he has not responded to them regarding the complaint. I got information today, from a reliable source, that it is true that Michael L Whitaker was doing shady trades and deals that resulted in higher commissions for him but were not in the best interest of his clients.
Is that so? Please tell us more.
Old 05-24-2023, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
I cannot tell you my source but I can assure you that they are reliable. If I am able to depose Michael L Whitaker as part of my FINRA case I will ask questions related to this. What we need is more people filing their complaints against Michael L Whitaker and Michael L Whitaker and Associates. Don't just sit back and complain here, do it where it counts.
Old 05-24-2023, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Are you a current or past client of Michael or his son?
Old 05-24-2023, 09:16 AM

Quote:
If anyone knows how to get this information please post it here or send it to me via private message. If Michael L Whitaker sold his stock before GWG crashed then he must have had INSIDER information and that might be a crime.
I wonder if Newbridge would have to disclose that information? Questions like did he or his family own GWG and so when were they bought and sold? From 2020 - 2022 did he buy or sell GWG? If he sold off clients GWG when and why?
Maybe your lawyer can look into it.
Old 05-24-2023, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyB View Post
Are you a current or past client of Michael or his son?
My wife and I had all of our investments placed through Michael L Whitaker and Associates. Currently, we only have the GWG and one other investment that we could not sell. Putting us in FS stock was another high-commission stock Michael put us in and did not tell us that we could not sell it for at least 10 years. He is dirty to the core.
Old 05-24-2023, 03:56 PM

Today I got noticed that Michael L Whitaker has retained a law firm to represent him in my case filed with FINRA. Nothing to hide so you hire a law firm to represent you. NOT. Reminds me of David (me) and Goliath (Michael L Whitaker) These cases are supposed to be informal hearings.
Old 05-25-2023, 05:48 PM

Hello all, this is Michael L. Whitaker. As many of you know me personally, you know that I have served this community faithfully for 38 years and have always sought to put my clients’ interests first. While the attacks against me published on this forum by Mr. Hadaway (MDFlyer) are completely unfounded, they are still personally and professionally disturbing. In order to my clear my name, I have retained the law firm of Kaufman Dolowich & Voluck (“KDV”) in Fort Lauderdale, Florida to assist me in defending Mr. Hadaway’s claims. Hopefully, the following information from my counsel will assist in correcting some of the misstatements made by Mr. Hadaway on this forum.

Gregg Breitbart, a senior partner with KDV and the chair of its Financial Services Practice Group stated:

“Mr. Whitaker vehemently denies these defamatory accusations being made against him by Mr. Hadaway. Unlike Mr. Hadaway, we don’t intend to litigate this matter through blog posts. However, we are confident that the evidence in this case will establish, without doubt, that the investments that Mr. Whitaker recommended to Mr. Hadaway were all suitable and appropriate based on the information known at the time, and that the material risks and features of those investments were fully disclosed to Mr. Hadaway, and acknowledged by him in writing. The law requires that a financial professional like Mr. Whitaker have a “reasonable basis” to believe that a particular investment is suitable for a particular client, and it will be clear that Mr. Whitaker met that obligation here. The duty that Mr. Hadaway seeks to impose on Mr. Whitaker -- to accurately predict or guarantee the future performance of investments – does not, and cannot, exist.”

Zachary Hayes-Macaluso, an associate in KDV’s Financial Services group further stated as follows: “The fact is that all investments carry some risk, and not every investment will be profitable. Indeed, while Mr. Hadaway complains about a single investment that did not perform as expected, he is noticeably silent about the numerous other investments that Mr. Whitaker recommended to him that have performed well and yielded him profits. As such, we think that Mr. Hadaway’s use of this blog in an effort to smear the professional reputation of Mr. Whitaker is misguided and unfair, and Mr. Whitaker reserves all rights in connection therewith.”

With respect to the information posted here regarding investments in GWG, GWG is currently in the midst of Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings which seek to maximize the value of that company’s assets for its creditors, including the holders of its L Bonds. In fact, creditors of GWG are currently voting on a Chapter 11 plan that, if approved, is likely to result in material distributions to bondholders. (A court hearing to determine if that plan will be approved is currently scheduled for June 15, 2023.) While it is unfortunate that some of my clients have been impacted by events effecting GWG, I have continued to communicate with those clients regarding the status of their investments and any additional information as it becomes available. If you are interested in accurate information regarding the bankruptcy proceedings of GWG, this is the website where all such information and updates are posted publicly: Home - GWG Holdings, Inc., et al..

I am eternally grateful for the trust and confidence my clients have placed with me, and I hope this additional information puts to rest some of the false claims that have been posted about me recently on this forum.

Sincerely,
Michael L. Whitaker

Last edited by mike1206?; 05-25-2023 at 05:54 PM.
Old 05-25-2023, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1206? View Post
Hello all, this is Michael L. Whitaker. As many of you know me personally, you know that I have served this community faithfully for 38 years and have always sought to put my clients’ interests first. While the attacks against me published on this forum by Mr. Hadaway (MDFlyer) are completely unfounded, they are still personally and professionally disturbing. In order to my clear my name, I have retained the law firm of Kaufman Dolowich & Voluck (“KDV”) in Fort Lauderdale, Florida to assist me in defending Mr. Hadaway’s claims. Hopefully, the following information from my counsel will assist in correcting some of the misstatements made by Mr. Hadaway on this forum.

Gregg Breitbart, a senior partner with KDV and the chair of its Financial Services Practice Group stated:

“Mr. Whitaker vehemently denies these defamatory accusations being made against him by Mr. Hadaway. Unlike Mr. Hadaway, we don’t intend to litigate this matter through blog posts. However, we are confident that the evidence in this case will establish, without doubt, that the investments that Mr. Whitaker recommended to Mr. Hadaway were all suitable and appropriate based on the information known at the time, and that the material risks and features of those investments were fully disclosed to Mr. Hadaway, and acknowledged by him in writing. The law requires that a financial professional like Mr. Whitaker have a “reasonable basis” to believe that a particular investment is suitable for a particular client, and it will be clear that Mr. Whitaker met that obligation here. The duty that Mr. Hadaway seeks to impose on Mr. Whitaker -- to accurately predict or guarantee the future performance of investments – does not, and cannot, exist.”

Zachary Hayes-Macaluso, an associate in KDV’s Financial Services group further stated as follows: “The fact is that all investments carry some risk, and not every investment will be profitable. Indeed, while Mr. Hadaway complains about a single investment that did not perform as expected, he is noticeably silent about the numerous other investments that Mr. Whitaker recommended to him that have performed well and yielded him profits. As such, we think that Mr. Hadaway’s use of this blog in an effort to smear the professional reputation of Mr. Whitaker is misguided and unfair, and Mr. Whitaker reserves all rights in connection therewith.”

With respect to the information posted here regarding investments in GWG, GWG is currently in the midst of Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings which seek to maximize the value of that company’s assets for its creditors, including the holders of its L Bonds. In fact, creditors of GWG are currently voting on a Chapter 11 plan that, if approved, is likely to result in material distributions to bondholders. (A court hearing to determine if that plan will be approved is currently scheduled for June 15, 2023.) While it is unfortunate that some of my clients have been impacted by events effecting GWG, I have continued to communicate with those clients regarding the status of their investments and any additional information as it becomes available. If you are interested in accurate information regarding the bankruptcy proceedings of GWG, this is the website where all such information and updates are posted publicly: Home - GWG Holdings, Inc., et al..

I am eternally grateful for the trust and confidence my clients have placed with me, and I hope this additional information puts to rest some of the false claims that have been posted about me recently on this forum.

Sincerely,
Michael L. Whitaker
I guess you, Michael L Whitaker and Associates, cannot defend yourself in a supposed to be informal hearing so you are now, as you said, stooping as low as the posters here, and have hired a law firm to represent you. Why don't you tell the members here just how much money my wife and I have lost dealing with you and your firm? You must have had some memory loss too since I now have less than one half of the total amount I started with 12 or so years ago.
Old 05-26-2023, 07:11 PM

In my opinion, I guess Michael L Whitaker only stoops low enough to post on this thread when he has another lie to tell. Apparently, he has been keeping up with the thread since he has seen the way to "out" me in particular. Just another action to show us who and what he really is.
Old 05-27-2023, 12:28 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,334 Times in 554 Posts

Almost everyone has lost money in the markets. I’ve no dog is this fight but advise
not to put all your money in one basket. Just saying.
Old 05-27-2023, 01:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
Almost everyone has lost money in the markets. I’ve no dog is this fight but advise
not to put all your money in one basket. Just saying.
Yes, but starting about 2014 or so, almost everyone made lots of money in the stock market and should have more money than they started with in 2011, not less than half, due to poor decision-making by an advisor. I feel the posters' pain.
Old 05-27-2023, 01:38 PM

I did not have all of my money in one investment just one "Financial Advisor" It is not that I do not know that all stocks and other investments carry risks but rather I do not think Michael L Whitaker was acting in my best interest when he put me in FS and GWG investments and then to further cause damage advised me to stay in GWG even when he knew they had missed two quarterly reports to the Government. Of course, we know now that this was because GWG was preparing for bankruptcy. If true that Whitaker sold his investment in GWG before they went bankrupt but left his clients in GWG then that could be insider trading and a breach of his Fiduciary duties to his clients.
Closed Thread

Tags
gwg, michael, parents, bonds, found

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.