Seco investing

Closed Thread
Old 12-11-2011, 03:20 PM
Default Seco investing

Can someone explain to me how I can own more of SECO. It appears to me that it not publicly trade corporation. I don't understand how it was created and why someone would put out the capital with no payback. Since SECO is my power company I would like a bigger piece of the pie. Example: Here in VA we have Dominion Power which is a Public Traded Corp. They sell stock that pays a dividend. (You can't beat power companies, so own them) I know I pay $5.00 to join the co-op but that can't possibly pay for the capital outlay for new construction. I looked on SECO web site and no mention of additional ownership/stock. Thanks!
Old 12-11-2011, 03:29 PM
Send a message via AIM to HelenLCSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE NEWCOMER View Post
Can someone explain to me how I can own more of SECO. It appears to me that it not publicly trade corporation. I don't understand how it was created and why someone would put out the capital with no payback. Since SECO is my power company I would like a bigger piece of the pie. Example: Here in VA we have Dominion Power which is a Public Traded Corp. They sell stock that pays a dividend. (You can't beat power companies, so own them) I know I pay $5.00 to join the co-op but that can't possibly pay for the capital outlay for new construction. I looked on SECO web site and no mention of additional ownership/stock. Thanks!
Probably owned by the Morses?
Old 12-11-2011, 04:01 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Dominion Poweris a publicly traded company. SECO is a Cooperative such as the Northern Virginia Cooperative that I used to belong to in N VA.......WE Bought power from "D" as well as other sources. As a member of SECO, the cooperative, you are already an owner and after a period of years you will start to get dividends returned to you for the power you have used. Follow this link to see how a cooperative works....
http://www.secoenergy.com/co-ops.html .
Old 02-19-2012, 06:53 AM
Send a message via AIM to DinalyJohan Send a message via MSN to DinalyJohan Send a message via Yahoo to DinalyJohan

I do agree with @caroline. he is absolutely right. You @NEWCOMER should follow his given link and follow their guides.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.