Social Security & Spousal Benefits

Closed Thread
Old 08-27-2009, 06:46 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts
Default Social Security & Spousal Benefits

You know you're a baby boomer when...........you go to a party and everybody is talking about when to start collecting Social Security.

Sometimes I get into my public service announcement mode and I post a link to an article that I think might be helpful to somebody here on TOTV. Even if it could be just one person. You just never know, you know. The link here is to such an article.

When it comes to spousal benefits under Social Security, there are more options to be considered. This article is from AARP. Sometimes AARP has some OK articles on money matters.

(Well, there was one time, about a year ago, when I thought the person writing the article gave some bad advice to somebody who had asked a question. I guess the advice was not so much bad as it was incomplete. I was going to write a letter to the magazine. But I did not. I just wrote that letter in my mind like I often do. Geez. I hope things turned out OK for that woman.) But I digress..........now, back to the SS article........

Here is the link with the info about spousal benefits and Social Security.

http://www.aarpmagazine.org/money/bo...ur_income.html

Boomer
Old 08-27-2009, 07:20 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to Shirleevee

Great link, thanks for posting........

Staten Island, N.Y./The Villages
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.