Stock Market Rally or Not?

Closed Thread
Old 08-20-2009, 01:15 PM

I think that we are all hesitant to think that the there will not be a pull back from here, but even if there is a minor pull back there is a good possibility that market will hang arround here for a period and then go slowly up. If you pick good stocks there should be a good return over the next 18 months or so.

What are your thoughts now that we are into August all ready.

Boomer I am still looking for a investment club in the Villages have you found one.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:11 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMRJM View Post
I think that we are all hesitant to think that the there will not be a pull back from here, but even if there is a minor pull back there is a good possibility that market will hang around here for a period and then go slowly up. If you pick good stocks there should be a good return over the next 18 months or so.

Boomer I am still looking for a investment club in the Villages have you found one.
Hi UMRJM,

I am still in Cincinnati. Over the next several months we plan to make a decision about buymg a home in TV that we would use as a second home. So at this point, I don't have any connection to an investment club there. But good luck in your search for one.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 08-20-2009 at 02:14 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:45 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMRJM View Post
I think that we are all hesitant to think that the there will not be a pull back from here, but even if there is a minor pull back there is a good possibility that market will hang around here for a period and then go slowly up. If you pick good stocks there should be a good return over the next 18 months or so.

In that last post, I meant to answer the other question, too. About thoughts now......

I am starting to be surprised at the market's immunity to what I still believe to be an economy in serious trouble. It is like the market is slowly taking a series of vaccinations or something. By that I mean that the market gets bad news and it's -- Yeah? So? Keep on going. (I find that behavior interesting.)

Something else (I guess it's not a new thing because I have mentioned it here already) is that as the expiration date for the tax cuts for dividends and cap gains grows closer, what will happen to the small investor? What if Congress starts drooling and votes for taking a bigger bite? Congress is known for being shortsighted and I really do wonder about what we are in for with that one. But we still have a while.

Meanwhile, I will just keep doing what I have been doing. Some in. Some out. Buy only what I know. Hold what I still know. And knowing my own risk tolerance or lack thereof.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 08-20-2009 at 02:52 PM.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.