Wall $treet Week With Louis Rukeyser Vs Mad Money with Jim C

Closed Thread
Old 03-12-2023, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandyGrandpap View Post
I miss the Friday night PBS show of "Wall $treet Week With Louis Rukeyser" and many of the quality guest he used to have and the intellectual dialogue which was intriguing. I found it to be informative.
Perhaps I am dating myself. Jim C obviouly make big $$ for the show but viewers need to heed the buy beware disclamer, i.e SVB collaspe.
Anyone else miss Wall $treet Week With Louis Rukeyser? (or even remember the show?)
Of course! Great show, enlightening topics, iconic guests! All is not lost! Consuelo Mack now continues the quest , check her out on Friday nights 7:30 pm ….worth the effort!
Old 03-12-2023, 09:05 AM

Quote:
I miss the Friday night PBS show of "Wall $treet Week With Louis Rukeyser" and many of the quality guest he used to have and the intellectual dialogue which was intriguing. I found it to be informative.
Perhaps I am dating myself. Jim C obviouly make big $$ for the show but viewers need to heed the buy beware disclamer, i.e SVB collaspe.
Anyone else miss Wall $treet Week With Louis Rukeyser? (or even remember the show?)
Jim Cramer is a con artist - just another grifter. Don't ever listen to his advice. Jon Stewart exposed him for the "crook" that he is. No comparison with any PBS financial analyst, present or past, and losers like Cramer.
Old 03-12-2023, 09:50 AM
Veteran member

You know Cramer got out of the market over a year ago for his personal portfolio. I also got out 15 months ago.
IMO, everybody has an opinion, for example technical analysis, but a lot of the market ebbs and flows is emotional
Old 03-12-2023, 10:21 AM

Rukeyser died in 2006 that may be why the show is gone?
Old 03-12-2023, 10:34 AM
Veteran member

Cramer was entertaining to watch. Years ago, I made 1 trade for 1 day from a recommendation that he gave on his show and made $10k. He does have a following. I prefer other shows like mornings with Maria, varney, cnbc’s halftime and fast money, not for picks but for the mentality/emotion of the market.
Did Powell say this/do this? Did Russia do this or China do this? Did the jobs report or cpi come in hotter/colder than expected.
Old 03-12-2023, 10:43 AM
Veteran member

I made $8k in one day by winning a lottery for TheStreet.com IPO. I flipped it the same day.

Oh how I wish I got in on the IPO craze earlier. It made many millionaires almost risk free.

For that I am thankful to Cramer.

Last edited by ithos; 03-12-2023 at 10:43 AM. Reason: For that I am thankful to Cramer.
Old 03-12-2023, 10:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsmurano View Post
Cramer was entertaining to watch. Years ago, I made 1 trade for 1 day from a recommendation that he gave on his show and made $10k. He does have a following. I prefer other shows like mornings with Maria, varney, cnbc’s halftime and fast money, not for picks but for the mentality/emotion of the market.
Did Powell say this/do this? Did Russia do this or China do this? Did the jobs report or cpi come in hotter/colder than expected.
Stu Varney is my go-to guy if i need to know what's happening. i don't watch or listen to too many of them, -my advisor says take Cramer with a grain of salt, & i agree.
Old 03-12-2023, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Greene View Post
Rukeyser died in 2006 that may be why the show is gone?
Hey Ray,
Perhaps someone on this thread can provide more insight as to the history for cancelling the show, but it is my understanding PBS pulled the rug out from LR. Did not consult with him and cancelled the show. He was very upset and hurt the way it was handled.
Anyone with more details please provide,
Good point Ray!
Old 03-12-2023, 11:06 AM
Veteran member

Cramer gave an infamous speech in 2000 about his top picks as the internet bubble was about to implode. It was a beauty.

Let’s Review Jim Cramer’s 2000 Stock Picks -
Old 03-12-2023, 11:37 AM
Default rukeyser gone . now i watch Consuelo Mack " wealth track " public TV sunday 12 noon

Quote:
Rukeyser is remembered . now watck consuelo mack " wealth track " on public TV
Old 03-12-2023, 11:45 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Hey Ray,
Perhaps someone on this thread can provide more insight as to the history for cancelling the show, but it is my understanding PBS pulled the rug out from LR. Did not consult with him and cancelled the show. He was very upset and hurt the way it was handled.
Anyone with more details please provide,
Good point Ray!
They fired him in 2002 and replaced him with a Fortune Magazine based show.

https://en.wikinews.org/wiki/PBS_cancels_%27Wall_$treet_Week%27_after_35_years
Old 03-12-2023, 11:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
I stopped watching Mad Money after about 5 months after I became more knowledgeable about stocks. Cramer is just "guessing. The better shows are Fast $ halftime and Fast $ afternoon......MUCH better!
Old 03-12-2023, 01:44 PM
Platinum member

Prefer Consuelo Mack's Wealthtrack.
Old 03-12-2023, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caymus View Post
I started watching Rukeyser back when I was in college and enjoyed it. My investment information sources were scarce at the time, mainly the Journal/Barrons and Value Line. Probably not fair to compare him to index funds which were not readily available at the time.

I like Cramer's morning show on CNBC (usually via podcast) for the entertainment value. You never know when he will go on a humorous rant. You can find some of those online. Numerous people track his investment errors.
Index funds weren't available? These people are entertaining but that's the only reason I'd watch them, not for advice.
Old 03-12-2023, 02:08 PM

I remember the night a portfolio manger told Rukeyser off for being so full of himself on live TV. He had it coming.
Closed Thread

Tags
wall, week, louis, rukeyser, $treet

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.