Will Elon Musk finally be convicted of a lifetime of fraud?

Closed Thread
Old 08-20-2021, 07:28 AM

Only when the topic is horrific polluters/market manipulators that go unchecked or worse have a cult like fan-dom.
Old 08-20-2021, 07:52 AM
Veteran member

There are lots of people who want to attack Musk for one reason or another, but he has become who he is because people want what he is delivering. EVs like them or not will dominate the market sooner than you think and if not by him by someone else. Now you can say he is polluting space with Star-link and your probably right, but the people of the world want to connect everyone to the internet and just like the EVs, if he doesn't do it someone else will.
Old 08-20-2021, 08:54 AM

Musk is a genius. Losers love to hate people that are successful.
Old 08-20-2021, 09:17 AM

I find Musk one of the most forward thinking people in the world today. He sees things and gets them done unlike anyone in our current government.
Old 08-20-2021, 09:24 AM
Default A lot of Haters

Is Musk's delivery strange, YES, he has some form of Autism. I give him a pass. Is he the only genius behind what Tesla is producing, absolutely not. There are thousands of engineers and designers behind Tesla, Space X and his solar company but he appears to be the pitch man and pitch men stretch the truth to benefit their company. And he's one hell of a pitch man. I know because I've made a small fortune on Tesla's stock, thank you very much, Elon.

I've also owned a Tesla for 6 years, 8 months (126K miles). It's a great car and lightning fast. It's also quiet as a church mouse and gets the equivalent of over 100 miles to the gallon, it has one of the highest safety ratings AND I still have the original breaks. It's a superior car in every way but it generates a lot of hate. It's a little sad that Sooner or later global warming will force everyone to figure out that we don't need to burn fossil fuel to operate machinery (and by machinery I include cars & tucks). Solar & wind - easy peesy.
Old 08-20-2021, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luggage View Post
John DeLorean had bad luck and someone was out to get him he was not a sfraud. Should read his story
I read it. He was a fraud. Lined his pockets while only ever producing 7000 cars
Old 08-20-2021, 09:35 AM

WOW WOW WOW Once I started watching this video - I was hooked. Very scary - in so many ways. (Especially to me - I bought a Model Y.) Didn't realize that while he is extraordinarily bright - he reminds me of Steve Jobs when he was fired at Apple for being a compulsive liar - horrible human to others - and control freak; only a later, did he gain humility - and was able to return a more humble and brilliant force in the electronics industry.
Old 08-20-2021, 10:19 AM
Veteran member

I do not own a Tesla, I'm satisficed with my internet, I have no intentions of traveling in space or going through one of his tunnels. As crazy as this guys is, he is delivering on things that other people just imagine.
Old 08-20-2021, 10:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaCat View Post
Yes, to all of us, It’s very personal. He’s polluting space, amongst a litany of other offenses.
You should count the junk NASSA, Russia, China etc. have floating around in space.
Compared to them E.Musk's Junk is minimal.
Old 08-20-2021, 12:21 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
You should count the junk NASSA, Russia, China etc. have floating around in space.
Compared to them E.Musk's Junk is minimal.
Well, and I believe Musk has plans in place to begin cleaning up debris in space.

He was told you can't make a practical affordable EV car - he did.
He was told you can's reuse rocket boosters - he did
He was told you can't make a Satellite Internet service - he did
He was told you can't make house solar tiles practical - he did
He was told you can't drill tunnels faster - he did
He was told you can't use batteries for storing solar and wind power cost effectively - he did
He was told you can't create a Full Self Driving without LIDAR - he did
He was told you can't colonize Mars - he is working on it.

The list just keeps growing.

People should be VERY careful where they get their news.

Boeing financed a website to spread misinformation on SpaceX - because Boeing can't deliver and is in jeopardy of loosing they're decades old funding and more funding.

Various ICE engine companies were involved in paying a person in Australia to spread misinformation about Teslas.

There is a large group of Short'ers that spears negative news in an attempt to bring down Tesla's stock so they can profit.

It goes on and one.

I am amazed at many of the same people that constantly dis china and the whole loosing jobs and factories to China, then turn around and bash one of the most innovative and creative Americans.
Old 08-20-2021, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
He was told you can't make a practical affordable EV car - he did.
Which one is that? Because it isn't the Model 3.
Old 08-20-2021, 12:40 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTourVan View Post
Which one is that? Because it isn't the Model 3.
A half of a million owners disagree with you.
Old 08-20-2021, 12:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post
um, not into finance at all eh? not into historical fact checking as well, eh?

I have locations which I can pull sample after sample of his crap, and if you want to read the legal briefs after the currently in progress trial, you will see he is full of truth twisting lies. . .

but continue to believe, its your perogative
I can understand what is being posted about Elon Musk, but, I am more concerned about a larger MACRO aspect of this situation. Musk is just one of many that have graduated from making money to accumulating enough power to partially satisfy their appetite for POWER. This was not as big of a problem in the 1950s because of the higher levels of tax for wealthy individuals. Also, corporations were NOT considered a "person" then. And it was more difficult to transmit wealth from one generation to the following generation. Basically, the tax code was changed by wealthy Washington insiders (from 1950 to today) for the benefit of themselves and other wealthy individuals (the rich get richer).

Yes, there have been many Scientific and medical inventions since the 1950s that we enjoy today. And the "quality of life" for the TOTAL society has improved, but I would contend that the "quality of Life" for the US AVERAGE person has slipped backward moving to today. One does NOT have to believe me - because there are lists comparing nations at various years as to qualities like "quality of life". And if you check - the US was in the top 10 in 1950 and is now somewhere below 25th on these various qualities.

Elon Musk may be a problem, but he is just the tip of an iceberg of US problems!
Old 08-20-2021, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
A half of a million owners disagree with you.
So 40k to nearly 60k for long range performance is now affordable for a vehicle? Interesting.

Boy it certainly shines the light on luxury cars and means they are basically giving other cars away.

There are literally MILLIONS of iPhones sold every year, but I don't think anybody would call them affordable in comparison to what else exists.
Old 08-20-2021, 01:07 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTourVan View Post
So 40k to nearly 60k for long range performance is now affordable for a vehicle? Interesting.

Boy it certainly shines the light on luxury cars and means they are basically giving other cars away.

There are literally MILLIONS of iPhones sold every year, but I don't think anybody would call them affordable in comparison to what else exists.
Apparently, 1/2 million disagree with you. Again, you don't feel it is affordable, Okay, that is your opinion, my statement still stands. Prior to Tesla EV sold in the hundreds, or if lucky thousands. Now it is one of the fastest-selling cars around the world. I think Y's are sold out for this year. They are THE highest selling cars in several countries. So, again, all those buyers seem to disagree with you. That is all I said.

Yup, Apple is and always has been a premium phone and computer. Somehow they still manage to be in the running (top 1 or 2) highest valued companies in the world. And I think they sell more cell phones than any other single company. (That could have changed recently... I am not sure, but they are at least one of the highest selling). So, there are a few million people that think they are affordable.

You don't have to agree, it is fine to disagree. But, a lot of people agree with me.
Closed Thread

Tags
musk, elon, watch, incriminating, stop

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.