Zvi Bodie Video on Investing for Retirement

Closed Thread
Old 05-27-2010, 07:57 AM
Platinum member
Default Zvi Bodie Video on Investing for Retirement

"This video is a recording of a presentation by SMG Professor Zvi Bodie given on April 6, 2010 to a group of BU faculty and staff as part of a series on investing for retirement. Professor Bodie discusses how to plan for an adequate income in retirement. He presents a procedure for using the information provided at the BU benefits website to set realistic goals, choose between TIAA-CREF and Fidelity, contribute the right amount each month, and select an asset mix."

http://www.bu.edu/hr/benefits/financ...or-retirement/
Suffering from TV envy
Old 05-27-2010, 11:59 AM
Veteran member

Thanks for the great link. There is a ton of good information there to follow up on.
Old 05-28-2010, 07:29 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Hi Kayaker,

Thanks for the link. I had not heard of him before. I found his website and read one of the articles there. He sure has an impressive education and background. A PhD from MIT. And he sure is big on TIPS.

But the part that really interests me about what he is trying to do to educate people is the stuff he says about risk. I think that people are quite often led out of their own risk tolerance zone by marketing. And it looks like he does, too. I plan to read more.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 05-28-2010 at 07:32 AM.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.