25 Most Commonly Misspelled Words

Closed Thread
Old 11-02-2008, 11:11 AM
Gold member

Could it be "spell checker" has weakened our cerebral resources by not requiring us to look up the words and then respell them as we type them? Come on... that's gotta be the problem!
Old 11-02-2008, 11:20 AM
Veteran member
Smile Salvation!

A local Dentist saved us from ourselves. He is buying back candy from the kids fo a $1.00 a pound to send to the troops in Iraq. I gave my leftovers to the kids next door.
Bless this man.

As to the spelling, don't ask.
I was truely humbled.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:33 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

For Halloween candy, I have no excuse. I live in TV -- trick or treaters are not allowed but I bought candy anyway. Wish I could even remotely justify that I bought it for the kids that wouldn't be coming to the door. Nope, I admit it, I bought it for me. It is now in a dresser drawer so that I have to burn a few calories to get to it. There, I've gotten some exercise, so I can have two pieces of candy, right? RIGHT?

As to the test, I take exception to "acknowledgment." In the legal world, it is "acknowledgement." Another oddity in legalese is advisor. If you're talking about a legal advisor, it is with "or" ending. However, if it is a financial adviser, it is with the "er" per SEC. There, your trivia for the day.

I'm not even discussing my score. I may try the test again with glasses on, at a reasonable time of the day. Those are my excuses and I'm sticking to 'em.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 11-03-2008, 01:43 AM
Platinum member

LOL Red, Thanks for the spelling fixes. My score has increased.
As far as the candy, I waited until today and loaded up at 1/2 price!!!! Having a bit of chocolate as I type!
No wonder I can't sleep, I'm on a sugar high!!!
Old 11-03-2008, 02:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,536 Times in 1,922 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I was a good speller and now, I will go back and look at what I have written and there are always spelling errors. I hope my brain isn't disintegrating. I have grown quite fond of it.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:27 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinca View Post
I hid the candy in the laundry room - the wife never goes there (laundry is my job). .
Chuck

I am framing the above to hang in the laundry room. I'm hoping it will inspire Fireboy. (The part about you doing the laundry, not hiding the candy).
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.