Originally Posted by altavia View Post
here ya go!
lol
Old 08-31-2023, 08:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,739 Times in 5,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapbas View Post
I believe you have your facts mixed up, they don’t sell cans of beer with 1.7 oz. That sounds like a shot of liquor. Also, the gov’t is reviewing Canada’s recommendation of 2 cans per day, which sounds like a sensible amount to me. I mean it’s not like they are going to recommend 2 six packs.
As I understand it, the current Canada recommendation is two drinks per week, not per day. See Post No. 15.
Old 08-31-2023, 08:31 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondering View Post
Apparently? Really! What are your sources - The Daily Mail, a British tabloid or worse yet, the New York Post, a joke of a "news" source. Canada has a similar suggestion for drinking but it has to do with weight control. Post something of substance next time.
See Post No. 15
Old 08-31-2023, 08:40 AM
Default Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Apparently, the Government is now recommending that people should limit their beer drinking to two beers per week. That is 3.4 ounces of beer per day. I like to drink my draft beer from a frosted beer mug, but I cannot find any source for a mug in that size, either online or in a bar. Does anyone know where I can buy a 3.4 ounce beer mug, or a bar where they will serve me the recommended amount of beer? Thanks for any suggestions.
This government will not control my right to drink any amount of I.P.A. I choose to drink on any given day. Thank you for the Bill of Rights!!
Old 08-31-2023, 09:00 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondering View Post
Apparently? Really! What are your sources - The Daily Mail, a British tabloid or worse yet, the New York Post, a joke of a "news" source. Canada has a similar suggestion for drinking but it has to do with weight control. Post something of substance next time.
I thought the "Just for Fun" forum was for fun, not substance.
Old 08-31-2023, 09:03 AM

Quote:
As I understand it, the current Canada recommendation is two drinks per week, not per day. See Post No. 15.
Yep you’re right, that’s so absurd my brain wouldn’t let that properly sink in. I don’t drink but fully support the beer drinking community in speaking out against this nonsense.
Old 08-31-2023, 09:19 AM
Veteran member

Payroll Taxes Cover About a Third of Medicare Costs
Payroll Taxes Cover About a Third of Medicare Costs | Tax Policy Center

Since medical costs are increasing at an unsustainable rate, it would be fiscally irresponsible and immoral if the government at a minimum did not offer science based health care advice.

Typical response: Hey give me my massively subsidized healthcare but butt out on what I eat, drink and how much I exercise.

I have my vices including alcohol and junk food because I am weak at times. But I have the self awareness to know that it has real consequences which I will eventually have to reckon with.
Old 08-31-2023, 09:31 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandoMan View Post
Do you have a source for that claim? Instead of claiming “the government” did it, give us a link to the agency or department or court or legislature or whatever that has done this. Or is your source some clickbait site also claiming some living actor is dead?
If you read the OP you will see that the government is "recommending" a daily intake of alcohol in this case beer. This is nothing new… There are several studies that show consumption of alcohol is not good for you. With that said there is nothing in any government document on this topic that is preventing you from doing whatever you want.
Old 08-31-2023, 09:35 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Apparently, the Government is now recommending that people should limit their beer drinking to two beers per week. That is 3.4 ounces of beer per day. I like to drink my draft beer from a frosted beer mug, but I cannot find any source for a mug in that size, either online or in a bar. Does anyone know where I can buy a 3.4 ounce beer mug, or a bar where they will serve me the recommended amount of beer? Thanks for any suggestions.
I'm sure this is meant to be a little humorous. I don't know if you're trying to poke at the government or not.
The government "recommends" lots of things that people do not do. That does not stop the government from continuing to provide information that might be helpful. It is true there are several studies out there that show the consumption of alcohol in any amount is not helpful. Humans by nature are not designed to consume alcohol....That does not stop us from doing it.
Old 08-31-2023, 09:38 AM
Default sure

The people that should won't
Old 08-31-2023, 09:40 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regorp View Post
This government will not control my right to drink any amount of I.P.A. I choose to drink on any given day. Thank you for the Bill of Rights!!
Yes but there you are… Slapping that Government Medicare card down on the counter at the local clinic when you need healthcare.
Old 08-31-2023, 09:45 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilion Villager View Post
I'm sure this is meant to be a little humorous. I don't know if you're trying to poke at the government or not.
The government "recommends" lots of things that people do not do. That does not stop the government from continuing to provide information that might be helpful. It is true there are several studies out there that show the consumption of alcohol in any amount is not helpful. Humans by nature are not designed to consume alcohol....That does not stop us from doing it.
I was not poking at the Government. But, I think the recommendation to limit beer drinking to 2 beers per week is absurd. Why not just recommend not drinking at all? If everyone in The Villages adhered to the recommendation, every bar would go out of business. How many beer drinkers do you know who only drink 2 beers per week?
Old 08-31-2023, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsloan1960 View Post
My suggestion is this: Enjoy your beer in any moderate quantity that makes you happy. I have 2 per day and this works well for me. I am unconcerned about the Government's opinion of what I do with my body. I'm retired and in my final chapter; I will not be micromanaged by Government for behaviors in moderation.
Keep in mind that this is the same government that set a 2000 calories a day standard for labeling. This number is based not on science as you might think. It is based on a survey. That’s right a survey. Don’t believe me, look it up.
Old 08-31-2023, 09:55 AM

So what is the fine if you go over the limit? 😂
Old 08-31-2023, 12:24 PM

Can I make a recommendation to the government?
Closed Thread

Tags
beer, mug, ounce, bar, online

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.