AARP meets with USGA on new rules for senior golfers.

Closed Thread
Old 01-06-2023, 07:19 PM
Veteran member
Default AARP meets with USGA on new rules for senior golfers.

The AARP has negotiated with the USGA to modify the Rules of Golf for seniors.

Rule 2.c.4

A ball sliced or hooked into the rough shall be lifted and placed on the fairway at a point equal to the distance it carried or rolled into the rough with no penalty. The senior should not be penalized for tall grass which grounds keepers failed to mow.

Rule 2.d.6
A ball hitting a tree shall be deemed not to have hit the tree. This is simply bad luck and luck has no place in a scientific game. The senior player must estimate the distance the ball would have traveled if it had not hit the tree and play the ball from there.

Rule 3.b.3(g)
There shall be no such thing as a lost ball. The missing ball is on or near the course and will eventually be found and pocketed by someone else, making it a stolen ball. The player is not to compound the crime by charging himself with a penalty.

Rule 4.c.7(h)
If a putt passes over a hole without dropping, it is deemed to have dropped. The law of gravity supersedes the Rules of Golf.

Rule 5.
Putts that stop close enough to the cup that they could be blown in, may be blown in. This does not apply to balls more than three inches from the hole. No one wants to make a travesty of the game.

Rule 6.a.9(k)
There is no penalty for so-called “out of bounds.” If
penny-pinching golf course owners bought sufficient land, this would not occur. The senior golfer deserves an apology, not a penalty.

Rule 7.g.15(z)
There is no penalty for a ball in a water hazard, as golf balls should float. Senior golfers should not be penalized for manufacturers’ shortcomings.

Rule 8.k.9(s)
Advertisements claim that golf scores can be improved by purchasing new golf equipment. Since this is financially difficult for many senior golfers, one-half stroke per hole may be subtracted for using old equipment.

I can't take credit it was e-mailed to me.
Old 01-06-2023, 07:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,912 Times in 918 Posts

Lol!
Old 01-06-2023, 08:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,156 Times in 2,250 Posts

OH this is too funny, thanks.
Old 01-07-2023, 12:52 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,320 Times in 596 Posts

This is really going to lower my score!!!
Old 01-07-2023, 07:01 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 761 Posts

All golf holes the size of Sarasota second pins
Old 01-07-2023, 08:23 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

Great but probably still wouldn't lower my score.
Old 01-07-2023, 10:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

Our group has played under these rules for years. We felt a necessary obligation as good citizens of TV to achieve the pace of play policy. Now if only the rules of edicate would allow for us to not fill in our divots and repair ball marks we could within reasonable probability achieve the recommended pace of play.
Old 01-07-2023, 11:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts
Question

What happens if a dog picks up a golf ball and walks off with it?
Old 01-07-2023, 03:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
You have to wait until he poops it out and then complain about the poop...

-Tom Petty
Old 01-07-2023, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
You have to wait until he poops it out and then complain about the poop...
Too funny!!!
Old 01-07-2023, 07:36 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
Our group has played under these rules for years. We felt a necessary obligation as good citizens of TV to achieve the pace of play policy. Now if only the rules of edicate would allow for us to not fill in our divots and repair ball marks we could within reasonable probability achieve the recommended pace of play.
I walked on a while back and played with a couple of guys who were friends and listened to them whine about slow play/course conditions, the entire round. You could look ahead and see that the whole course was full and the complaining even occurred, while the passenger waited for the driver to hit his ball, so he could be driven 20 yards over to his own ball. Then he would begin his range-finding and three practice swings. Even though I quietly raked their bunkers and sanded their divots (they never hit it well enough to leave a pitch mark...LOL), but they seemed not to even notice/care - about their own flaming hypocrisy.
Old 01-08-2023, 07:06 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,863 Times in 786 Posts

Haven’t some players here been playing by these new rules for years?
Old 01-08-2023, 09:16 AM
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia, via Englewood, Colorado and Manhattan, Ks. TV in 465 days, but who's counting
Default It's about time senior golfers get a break.

I laughed so hard, I almost hurt myself. Thanks for posting JGibson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGibson View Post

Rule 2.c.4

A ball sliced or hooked into the rough shall be lifted and placed on the fairway at a point equal to the distance it carried or rolled into the rough with no penalty. The senior should not be penalized for tall grass which grounds keepers failed to mow.

Rule 2.d.6
A ball hitting a tree shall be deemed not to have hit the tree. This is simply bad luck and luck has no place in a scientific game. The senior player must estimate the distance the ball would have traveled if it had not hit the tree and play the ball from there.

Rule 3.b.3(g)
There shall be no such thing as a lost ball. The missing ball is on or near the course and will eventually be found and pocketed by someone else, making it a stolen ball. The player is not to compound the crime by charging himself with a penalty.

Rule 4.c.7(h)
If a putt passes over a hole without dropping, it is deemed to have dropped. The law of gravity supersedes the Rules of Golf.

Rule 5.
Putts that stop close enough to the cup that they could be blown in, may be blown in. This does not apply to balls more than three inches from the hole. No one wants to make a travesty of the game.

Rule 6.a.9(k)
penny-pinching golf course owners bought sufficient land, this would not occur. The senior golfer deserves an apology, not a penalty.

Rule 7.g.15(z)
There is no penalty for a ball in a water hazard, as golf balls should float. Senior golfers should not be penalized for manufacturers’ shortcomings.

Rule 8.k.9(s)
Advertisements claim that golf scores can be improved by purchasing new golf equipment. Since this is financially difficult for many senior golfers, one-half stroke per hole may be subtracted for using old equipment.

Old 01-08-2023, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGibson View Post

Rule 2.c.4

Rule 2.d.6

Rule 3.b.3(g)

Rule 4.c.7(h)

Rule 5.

Rule 6.a.9(k)

Rule 7.g.15(z)

Rule 8.k.9(s)

Hysterical
Old 01-08-2023, 02:49 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Believe it or not, I have seen this take place !

A player in our foursome hits a great drive that landed in the center of the fairway. A dog from the neighborhood lining the hole came running out at a full gallop, picks up the ball and runs back home !

Moments later , a very apologetic dog owner comes walking out to us to return the ball !

No joke , this really happened !
Closed Thread

Tags
ball, rule, senior, golf, penalty

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.