Angels, UFO's, Ghosts....not a joke, ...

Closed Thread
Old 03-24-2008, 01:39 PM
Default Re: Angels, UFO's, Ghosts....not a joke, ...

I believe in Angel see Hebrews 13:2
Old 03-24-2008, 02:27 PM

Two years ago we went through Roswell, NM on our trip to Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, etc. with our grandsons and happened upon their Alien Festival held yearly. Remember the big controversy where spaceships were thought to have crashed and the government covered this up? Lots of people who believe in this stuff attend this festival every year. We just happened to stumble on it because our grandson believes in aliens and we went through this town to spend the night and attend their museum dedicated to this "alien crash". There were guest speakers who claimed to have been abducted by aliens and returned to earth. My husband and I even attended a 45 minute class to recognize whether we have been abducted or not. My husband insisted I attend the class because he swears I have been abducted. Imagine that!!! I don't know if I believe in aliens or not, but I don't suppose for a minute that we are the only intelligent beings in this vast universe. What say you? Now angels, I don't doubt that for a minute. I have too many stories where angels watched over my children and myself.
Old 04-04-2008, 02:23 AM
Platinum member

Bump
Old 04-04-2008, 02:41 AM
Sage

Thanks for the bump Ronda, this is a very interesting and heartwarming topic. Im sure others have stories to add to this thread.

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 04-04-2008, 03:40 AM

I believe in all three.

I've been to the UFO Museum in Roswell, NM, and really was fascinated, as there's a lot to see there. My Mom was from Roswell, NM - when I was a teen I was sure that she came from the spaceship - LOL!

I believe we have angels guiding us, and trying to keep us safe. I think they may be connected to that little "gut feeling" or intuition that hits us sometimes. I TRY to pay attention! Sometimes I do, and am always thankful for the help. In retrospect, sometimes I look back at something that happened, and think they've helped me when I wasn't really paying attention. Just my opinion...

Old 04-19-2008, 02:41 PM
Gold member

We had friends in our town in the Hudson Valley (now retired and moved away) whose house had a ghost. He (former IBMer) never saw him, but she (musician, church organist, my fellow Hospice volunteer trainer) and all their three sons frequently did to the point that they named him 'Flash' for his penchant to suddenly appear and disappear. He appeared to be an older, white-haired man dressed in a red flannel shirt and jeans, never said or did anything, was just visible and then not. The house is next door to our local library where we held our Hospice training sessions and we would often walk to their house to view training films as the library did not have a TV/VCR at the time. I never saw Flash.

They once had another couple visiting to play bridge, and at one point the woman went upstairs to use the only washroom in the house, came back downstairs and gave the homeowner a playful smack on the back of his head as she walked back to her seat. 'What was that for?' he asked, and she replied, 'For scaring the heck out of me upstairs.' All three swore to her that no one had left the room during her absence, so it had to have been Flash, following her description.

After they sold the house, they came back from time to time to visit. My former fellow volunteer told me that the first time their buyers saw them, they took them aside and said, 'There's something we need to talk to you about....' Evidently Flash belonged to the house rather than to our friends who had sold the house. He's still there!
Old 04-19-2008, 03:07 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

Ghosts ... Never seen one, but have had to many people who I have a great deal of respect for and believe they would not lie that claim they have. May have heard one once. My mother and I were sitting in the LR of our house in NH (old home that used to be a funeral parlor) and it was very quiet and we were reading. We heard a door open up stair and foot steps go down the hall through one room and into the attic and close that door. My mum was looking at me and said "that had to be Blacky" our dog. We both started reading again and then looked down and the dog was sound asleep across the room.

UFO's Statically impossible not to be. In just the Milky Way Galaxy where Earth is located. If just 1 in every 10,000 Sun's like ours had planets revolving around it, and 1 in 100,000 of those had the ability to sustain life, there would be 100,000 planets with life. And the Milky Way is only one of 8 known Galaxy's.

Angels Yes, to many things happen not to be.
Old 04-19-2008, 04:39 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Another one who believes in all three. I firmly believe my father, who died when I was 12 or so, saved my life in my 20s. I was driving down I-5 and hadn't planned to stop until I hit Bakersfield. My father told me to take the next exit. I decided I was hearing things and ignored it. He then told me again to take the next exit and used the "or else" voice. I took the exit. It turns out that a major accident with no survivors occurred 3 minutes after I exited. The odds were pretty high that I would have been involved and probably not survived. I've heard his voice a couple of times since then. If he tells me to do something now, I don't think twice, I just do it. Dad is definitely my guardian angel.

I've never seen nor felt a ghost (unless my Dad is my ghost) but I can't help but feel some really can't leave the human sphere and go wherever they should go after death, so they stick around for whatever reason.

My ego isn't so large that I believe humans are the only intelligent beings in this beautiful, mysterious, vast universe of ours. It also isn't so large that I believe we would be the most intelligent beings in this universe. Part of being intelligent, to me, means you are curious. If nothing else, watching humans has got to be worth a good chuckle or two. So, I'd be more surprised if some weren't watching us and, who knows, maybe even living among us.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 04-19-2008, 04:56 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch
Another one who believes in all three. I firmly believe my father, who died when I was 12 or so, saved my life in my 20s. I was driving down I-5 and hadn't planned to stop until I hit Bakersfield. My father told me to take the next exit. I decided I was hearing things and ignored it. He then told me again to take the next exit and used the "or else" voice. I took the exit. It turns out that a major accident with no survivors occurred 3 minutes after I exited. The odds were pretty high that I would have been involved and probably not survived. I've heard his voice a couple of times since then. If he tells me to do something now, I don't think twice, I just do it. Dad is definitely my guardian angel.

I've never seen nor felt a ghost (unless my Dad is my ghost) but I can't help but feel some really can't leave the human sphere and go wherever they should go after death, so they stick around for whatever reason.

My ego isn't so large that I believe humans are the only intelligent beings in this beautiful, mysterious, vast universe of ours. It also isn't so large that I believe we would be the most intelligent beings in this universe. Part of being intelligent, to me, means you are curious. If nothing else, watching humans has got to be worth a good chuckle or two. So, I'd be more surprised if some weren't watching us and, who knows, maybe even living among us.
Have never heard voices unless there are actual people attached to these but also believe that something is among us. I have been using the numbers 2 2 4 and 6 1 3 in my fight for survivors of crimes access to practical information since mid 1993 in my now about 3,300,000 emails, snail mails and the like in this crusade but I also see these numbers in vehicles' license plates when I am driving along here in TV. There's no way these could be controlled by people. And, there are too many appearances of these for it just to all be coincidence. I see them in movies, TV shows, ads, and the like too but I did send an awful lot of correspondence (about 3.3 million) to people who may or may not want to get behind this cause. Of course, these could mean something else entirely. Just think my prayers to God also have worked along with my many emails and snail mails to celebrities, TV shows, lawyers, librarians, politicians, etc. Even sent a lot of emails or other correspondence to First Ladies Hillary Clinton and then Laura Bush.

I will give you a weird for instance of this from Tampa though. I travelled to the Borders on Dale Mabry with a gift card to buy Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
which was selling with a 30% promo from $29.99 at $20.99 which with tax of 7% came to $22.46. Bought this at 11:24 a.m. according to my receipt from 9/19/2003. Take a close look at this Harry Potter book.

If you do not know what I am talking about with these numbers check out the recent DVD releases of No Country for Old Men, A v P: Requiem and P2.

This cause has not been about me but about getting practical information into all kinds of libraries for survivors of crimes. So, I do think it is something that would draw a lot of support.
Old 04-20-2008, 01:55 AM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna

There is speculation far and wide as to whether or not ghosts exist. If they truly are real, then why do they inhabit the places they do? And what exactly are they? The walking dead? Forlorn spirits with unfinished business destined to wander the earth until their karmic debt is repaid? An imprint of energy left over from a traumatic event? And if we are lucky enough to witness an apparition, why are we unable to directly communicate with the spirit? Researchers have identified several different types of hauntings that take place worldwide.

Energy cannot be created nor destroyed -- but it can be left behind. There is a direct connection between a tragic, violent or untimely death and a haunting. An untimely passing robs the victim of a future, stops him from fulfilling his goals and dreams, cuts his life's plans drastically short, rips him away from his soul mate. He doesn't even have a chance to say goodbye. The shock of this sudden and unexpected departure is so intense that it leaves an imprint on the location, which results in a residual haunting. Residual hauntings are by far the most common, and are often compared to the data stored on a video recorder. The extreme energy emitted at the time of the tragedy is recorded onto the environment. When you experience the sound of phantom footsteps, images, apparitions or scents, what you are actually experiencing is a recorded playback of what happened in the past. There is no interaction with the living -- the ghost does not see or hear you because the ghost is not actually there. Only his energy remains, it is a remnant of his living form that you are seeing, just like when you watch a video. This cycle continues in the same place at usually the same time of day or year indefinitely until the energy is exhausted or diminishes to a low enough level that it is undetectable by human perception.

Traditional, or intelligent, hauntings are extremely rare, and yet these are the hauntings that people are most familiar with. If you've ever seen the movie "The Sixth Sense", you'll recall that Hayley Joel Osmond's character could hear, see, and speak with the ghosts around him. These were actual human spirits that had not crossed over into heaven and had some unfinished business with a living person, or a message they wanted to deliver before they could move on. The spirit is either so emotionally connected to his loved ones that he refuses to pass, or his death happened so quickly that he has not yet realized he is dead, and thus continues to live as though he were not. These ghosts will unlock doors and open windows, run the faucets and even interact with you directly because they are an "intelligent" presence, the personality of a person who was once alive but has stayed behind rather than passing over.

The third type of haunting, and undoubtedly the most frightening, is a demonic, or inhuman, haunting. In this case, the entity is similar to a traditional haunting because the spirit is intelligent and is existing in the present moment with you. Unfortunately, the emotion that is tying them to the earthly realm is usually anger. These spirits are malevolent and hostile, suffering from psychological instability or distress stemming from an unresolved conflict with the people who are being subjected to the demonic activity. Demonic presences tend to be ‘unleashed' in order for them to manifest. This is one reason why the use of a Ouija Board is customarily discouraged among many ghost hunters. As Carl Johnson of The Atlantic Paranormal Society (TAPS) put it, "...while some of these devices may at first appear to be utterly harmless and regarded as tools to aid in tapping into one's subconsciousness, the results can be likened to leaving open one's back door in a country setting. Now, you may only have some little squirrels and chipmunks wander into your kitchen, but odds are that eventually you'll find yourself facing down a bear, maybe a small cub, IF YOU'RE LUCKY. And keep in mind, where there's one "bear," others are lurking somewhere close by!"

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.