Chocolate milk dilemma?

Old 02-06-2024, 08:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,939 Times in 2,459 Posts
Default Chocolate milk dilemma?

Ok, I like vanilla Oreo’s with my 10% chocolate milk. Here’s the dilemma? The Oreo’s takes extremely long time for the chocolate milk to wick and soften the Oreo’s. While when I use 10% white milk they get soft at least 5 times faster.

This leave me to conclude The chocolate milk with chocolate added has bigger molecules while the white milk has smaller molecules which wicks into the Oreo’s faster?

I sure there chemistry major out there to solve this dilemma?

No, I haven’t tried it with chocolate Oreo’s see if same dilemma cause I only like the vanilla ones.
Old 02-06-2024, 09:10 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,045 Times in 731 Posts

There's such a thing as Vanilla Oreos?
Old 02-06-2024, 09:41 PM

Blasphemy!!
Old 02-07-2024, 08:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
There's such a thing as Vanilla Oreos?
Yes, and they also have Gluten Free vanilla Oreos.
Old 02-07-2024, 05:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,672 Times in 1,507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Ok, I like vanilla Oreo’s with my 10% chocolate milk. Here’s the dilemma? The Oreo’s takes extremely long time for the chocolate milk to wick and soften the Oreo’s. While when I use 10% white milk they get soft at least 5 times faster.

This leave me to conclude The chocolate milk with chocolate added has bigger molecules while the white milk has smaller molecules which wicks into the Oreo’s faster?

No, I haven’t tried it with chocolate Oreo’s see if same dilemma cause I only like the vanilla ones.
OMG! You are gonna freak out a lot of folks when they find out Oreo's come in different combinations.

I am not a dunker, so have not encountered this phenomenon. I'll have to try this angel food cake.
Old 02-07-2024, 06:22 PM
Platinum member

I am not a dunker. However I am a splitter. To me, the double stuffed Oreos split better than regular Oreos.
Old 02-07-2024, 08:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,672 Times in 1,507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
I am not a dunker. However I am a splitter. To me, the double stuffed Oreos split better than regular Oreos.
Ooo! Double stuffed! Just like me.
Old 02-08-2024, 07:12 AM

Quote:

I can’t wait to retire and ponder life’s mysteries like this one! Except with Chocolate Oreos and plain milk!
Old 02-08-2024, 07:23 AM

Put it all in a blender.
Old 02-08-2024, 07:25 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seecapecod View Post
I can’t wait to retire and ponder life’s mysteries like this one! Except with Chocolate Oreos and plain milk!
There's something seriously wrong with the world, when VANILLA Oreos are dunked in CHOCOLATE milk.

Weird.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Milk.jpg
Views:	595
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	102708  
Old 02-08-2024, 07:43 AM

The real problem is; how do you get the part of Oreo you are holding while drinking soft?
Old 02-08-2024, 08:17 AM
Veteran member

Quote:

I have no idea what 10% milk is. Whole milk is only 3.2% fat.

Chocolate milk contains a gum carrageenan to keep the chocolate suspended that could slow adsorption. If you make your chocolate milk from syrup then it contains gums and emulsifiers to keep the cocoa suspended c
Old 02-08-2024, 08:27 AM

Wow! Your life must be pretty good if this is a problem worth writing down!
Old 02-08-2024, 08:34 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash View Post

Chocolate milk contains a gum carrageenan to keep the chocolate suspended that could slow adsorption. If you make your chocolate milk from syrup then it contains gums and emulsifiers to keep the cocoa suspended c

Another of life's mysteries, explained!

All those years my Mom was pouring Hershey's syrup into my milk, she was stuffing me with gum & emulsifiers ?

I wish I had developed a taste for the Nestle's powdered Quick.
Old 02-08-2024, 09:11 AM

Quote:

First of all, if this was done at your home was the A/C or heat running at the time? This greatly lowers the humidity which is a major factor in Oreo absorption rates. Next, if the A/C or heat was not on were the windows and/or doors open? This can affect the air flow through your home which also changes absorption rate. Thirdly, were these Oreos the first in the package, from the middle or the last removed from the package? The Oreos are hermetically sealed at the packing plant to avoid exposure to outside air and how long they have been exposed can make a major difference in absorbability. And lastly, are the chocolate Oreos and the vanilla Oreos packaged at the same plant? Latitude and longitude of the packing location can also have an effect. Oh, one more thing. What about the rotation of the earth in relation to when the Oreos were packed, when they were purchased, when the package was opened and how much time after the opening the Oreos were dunked?

You are welcome!

Tags
milk, chocolate, oreo’s, dilemma, molecules

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.