The Confession

Closed Thread
Old 01-16-2023, 08:09 AM

I had a belly laugh if you cant take a joke then just be quiet. The world is getting too liberal. soon we wont be able to have conversation. From what I'n seeing of the young people texting is the new wave of communication. Too bad they cant speak to each other.
Old 01-16-2023, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by larbud View Post
An elderly Italian man who lived in rural Italy, went to the local church for confession. When the priest slid open the panel in the confessional, the man said:

"Father.. During World War II, a beautiful Jewish woman from our neighborhood knocked urgently on my door and asked me to hide her from the Nazis. So, I hid her in my attic."

The priest replied:

"That was a wonderful thing you did, and you have no need to confess that."

"There is more to tell, Father. She started to repay me with sexual favours. This happened several times a week and sometimes twice on Sundays."

The priest said, "That was a long time ago and by doing what you did, you placed the two of you in great danger, but two people under those circumstances can easily succumb to the weakness of the flesh. However, if you are truly sorry for your actions, you are indeed forgiven."

"Thank you, Father. That's a great load off my mind. But I do have one more question."

"And what is that?" asked the priest.

"Should I tell her the war is over?

Very poor taste!
Old 01-16-2023, 09:46 AM

Quote:
An elderly Italian man who lived in rural Italy, went to the local church for confession. When the priest slid open the panel in the confessional, the man said:

"Father.. During World War II, a beautiful Jewish woman from our neighborhood knocked urgently on my door and asked me to hide her from the Nazis. So, I hid her in my attic."

The priest replied:

"There is more to tell, Father. She started to repay me with sexual favours. This happened several times a week and sometimes twice on Sundays."

The priest said, "That was a long time ago and by doing what you did, you placed the two of you in great danger, but two people under those circumstances can easily succumb to the weakness of the flesh. However, if you are truly sorry for your actions, you are indeed forgiven."

"Thank you, Father. That's a great load off my mind. But I do have one more question."

Having grown up in a heavily conservative, deeply religious and widely accepting family in a well-integrated community, it has always been difficult for me to understand the broad claims of systemic racism that we have been hearing lately. However, it is posts like this (i.e. Jewish woman selling her body to protect her life), however innocent they may have been intended, that enable this type of insensitivity to bolster claims of nascent racism. Don't help to fuel these fires. Please think before acting.
Old 01-16-2023, 11:52 AM

OMG people grow some thicker skin. It was a cute joke if you didn’t like it too bad.
Old 01-16-2023, 12:29 PM

I enjoyed the joke. Thanks for sharing.
Old 01-16-2023, 01:11 PM

The first thing to go in old age is, one’s sense of humor. 🤣
Old 01-16-2023, 01:51 PM

Quote:

The priest replied:

Lol, didn’t see that coming!
Old 01-16-2023, 01:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,426 Times in 2,269 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdifede313@aol.com View Post
And since this was WWII the subjects of this joke would be close to 100 years old. I doubt there's much hanky panky going on at this point.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 01-16-2023, 04:19 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,377 Times in 500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
I think this one crosses the line, actually more than one line. . .

There are some things that should not be the stuff of jokes.

Boomer
Tolerance:
the ability or willingness to tolerate something, in particular the existence of opinions or behavior that one does not necessarily agree with.

Has been replaced with

Virtue Signaling:
the act or practice of conspicuously displaying one's awareness of and attentiveness to political issues, matters of social and racial justice, etc.
Old 01-16-2023, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimes View Post
Tolerance:
the ability or willingness to tolerate something, in particular the existence of opinions or behavior that one does not necessarily agree with.

Has been replaced with

Virtue Signaling:
the act or practice of conspicuously displaying one's awareness of and attentiveness to political issues, matters of social and racial justice, etc.
Well said.
Old 01-16-2023, 05:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
And since this was WWII the subjects of this joke would be close to 100 years old. I doubt there's much hanky panky going on at this point.
...Which, of course, is precisely what makes the joke funny.
Old 01-16-2023, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdifede313@aol.com View Post
I thought that was the second thing to go.
Old 01-16-2023, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimes View Post
Tolerance:

Has been replaced with

Virtue Signaling:

Respectfully, your point (above) suggests that it is OK to agree or disagree on whether or not the holocaust was a bad thing.I think this goes beyond "tolerance".

Nonetheless I will make you a deal: Share this "joke" with your Jewish friends. If they find it as humorous as some others do I will concede that I need a thicker skin.
Old 01-16-2023, 05:47 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,377 Times in 500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderOnTheStorm View Post
Respectfully, your point (above) suggests that it is OK to agree or disagree on whether or not the holocaust was a bad thing.I think this goes beyond "tolerance".

Nonetheless I will make you a deal: Share this "joke" with your Jewish friends. If they find it as humorous as some others do I will concede that I need a thicker skin.
When I read this the only thing I took from it was that it was a joke about a horny little man. The Holocaust never crossed my my mind until the thought police arrived.
Old 01-16-2023, 06:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderOnTheStorm View Post
There is nothing in that joke that comes close to saying the holocaust was not a bad thing.

Quote:
Exhibit A right here. 65 yo Jew here... I found the joke funny (albeit, not a knee slapper)...

I remember Joan Rivers' comments, when confronted about her "Holocaust Jokes". She had many and some made this one look like a "knock-knock joke"...

She stated that NOTHING was "out of bounds" when it came to humor. If people would groan at her concerts, she would double down and hit them with and even more outrageous joke...

She had Hitler Jokes, Concentration Camp jokes, Anne Frank jokes, even jokes about the Crematoriums!

When commenting on Heidi Klum's show stopping Oscars gold dress with a seriously plunging neckline, Rivers remarked Monday, “The last time a German looked this hot was when they were pushing Jews into the ovens.”

She even told a joke about he husband Edgar (who lost most of his family in the Holocaust), who lost a leg in Europe, fighting the Nazis. She said "Leaving his leg there was "littering", and That's Wrong!"

She said she told the joke to "shake people's memories"...

Here is an interesting article titled the "Schlemiel Theory" that may enlighten some:

Joan Rivers and Holocaust Humor | Schlemiel Theory

-Tom Petty
Closed Thread

Tags
priest, father, great, asked, war

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.