The Confession

Closed Thread
Old 01-16-2023, 06:22 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Hahahahaha, this thread is speaking volumes. When I called out the first post, I knew what would happen.

I knew what I was setting up to get -- just a tedious litany of knee-jerk, pre-programmed reactions indicating no thought given to how this joke is different.

It's different! I tellya! It's different!

Now, I am being called a virtue signaler, on top of being called a liberal. (gasp) Oh my, my, my, I must take to my fainting couch and clutch my pearls. HAH!

Btw, speaking of pearls. . .I don't have time to cast any more right now.

Boomer (who is actually a common sense, moderate type -- an endangered species (sigh))

Last edited by Boomer; 01-16-2023 at 06:47 PM.
Old 01-16-2023, 06:31 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,550 Times in 418 Posts

She was one of the greats. Got to see her in person a couple of times and she really opened the door for many great female comedians. Fortunately, this was long before virtue signaling became a spectator sport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
There is nothing in that joke that comes close to saying the holocaust was not a bad thing.

Exhibit A right here. 65 yo Jew here... I found the joke funny (albeit, not a knee slapper)...

I remember Joan Rivers' comments, when confronted about her "Holocaust Jokes". She had many and some made this one look like a "knock-knock joke"...

She stated that NOTHING was "out of bounds" when it came to humor. If people would groan at her concerts, she would double down and hit them with and even more outrageous joke...

She had Hitler Jokes, Concentration Camp jokes, Anne Frank jokes, even jokes about the Crematoriums!

When commenting on Heidi Klum's show stopping Oscars gold dress with a seriously plunging neckline, Rivers remarked Monday, “The last time a German looked this hot was when they were pushing Jews into the ovens.”

She even told a joke about he husband Edgar (who lost most of his family in the Holocaust), who lost a leg in Europe, fighting the Nazis. She said "Leaving his leg there was "littering", and That's Wrong!"

She said she told the joke to "shake people's memories"...

Here is an interesting article titled the "Schlemiel Theory" that may enlighten some:

Joan Rivers and Holocaust Humor | Schlemiel Theory
Old 01-17-2023, 02:50 AM

Maybe you should have designated a safe space before you told the joke?
Old 01-17-2023, 08:14 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

Jokes are humor. Maybe people shouldn't read the jokes just in case you are offended.
Old 01-17-2023, 08:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Hahahahaha, this thread is speaking volumes. When I called out the first post, I knew what would happen.

I knew what I was setting up to get -- just a tedious litany of knee-jerk, pre-programmed reactions indicating no thought given to how this joke is different.

It's different! I tellya! It's different!

Now, I am being called a virtue signaler, on top of being called a liberal. (gasp) Oh my, my, my, I must take to my fainting couch and clutch my pearls. HAH!

Btw, speaking of pearls. . .I don't have time to cast any more right now.

Boomer (who is actually a common sense, moderate type -- an endangered species (sigh))
No pearls to cast, but plenty to clutch it seems...

-Tom Petty
Old 01-17-2023, 10:00 AM
Default Are you kidding me!

Comedy is the last glimpse of free speech we have. It’s why I left teaching the university system. One of my classes was “Diversity in the School System”. In the course of 10 years, it went from the most enjoyable class to a nightmare.

We have had Holocaust, Hitler, murder jokes as long as I can remember.
By the way, I just got off the phone with one of my best friends by happens to be Jewish. She sent me an Italian joke last week. I told her this joke. She told me that’s sick while laughing. I expect to hear from her soon which a joke just as sick.
Old 01-17-2023, 11:44 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimes View Post
When I read this the only thing I took from it was that it was a joke about a horny little man. The Holocaust never crossed my my mind until the thought police arrived.

I find your portrayal of the Italian as a little old horny man objectionable. That is xenophobic and I will throw in transphobic not because it makes any sense, but just because.
Old 01-17-2023, 12:13 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,377 Times in 500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitley View Post
I find your portrayal of the Italian as a little old horny man objectionable. That is xenophobic and I will throw in transphobic not because it makes any sense, but just because.
Well I will raise you homophobic and misogynistic for no reason at all
Old 01-17-2023, 12:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Why not a "tasteless joke of the day" thread?
Old 01-17-2023, 12:32 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,377 Times in 500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
Who would be the judge?
Old 01-17-2023, 03:17 PM
Default Judge

Andrew Dice Clay
Old 01-17-2023, 04:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chee-Chee View Post
Andrew Dice Clay
"Hickory Dickory Dock..."

-Tom Petty
Old 01-17-2023, 04:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
A Priest, a Minister and a Rabbi are playing golf...

-Tom Petty
Old 01-17-2023, 05:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
I would be interested in the judge job.

NOTHING would come back as over the line except anything over my line, because I’m the judge. That’s anything weird about children. Otherwise have a ball.

The OP didn’t mean anything mean! If Boomer took it in a bad way that’s cool! This is still the United States of America.

When Kathy Griffin was holding a head in her hand half of the country thought it was terrible and half loved it. I saw a motorcycle accident near East Jersey State Prison, I saw the head being carried away. The joke triggered feelings that it took me time to get over. I realized the red head chick was trying to commit an act of a comedic. I got over it.

I live to laugh. It’s been a daily goal thru good times and bad! I thought the OP’S JOKE was phenomenal and so did the Moderators!
Old 01-17-2023, 07:11 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
I would be interested in the judge job.

NOTHING would come back as over the line except anything over my line, because I’m the judge. That’s anything weird about children. Otherwise have a ball.

The OP didn’t mean anything mean! If Boomer took it in a bad way that’s cool! This is still the United States of America.

When Kathy Griffin was holding a head in her hand half of the country thought it was terrible and half loved it. I saw a motorcycle accident near East Jersey State Prison, I saw the head being carried away. The joke triggered feelings that it took me time to get over. I realized the red head chick was trying to commit an act of a comedic. I got over it.

I live to laugh. It’s been a daily goal thru good times and bad! I thought the OP’S JOKE was phenomenal and so did the Moderators!

Yeah, Nucky. I would not like anything weird about kids either. I also do not think disabled people should be fodder for jokes, I don’t like Holocaust jokes and I wouldn’t like jokes about those war crimes in Ukraine either.

But I guess a lot of posters here would disagree with me on those things.

The difference is that I don’t like anything where someone helpless is the target. Don’t know why that is so hard to understand. But, obviously, it is.

I knew I would be immediately attacked and called the usual, pre-programmed names by the “yer either with us or agin us” crew — sounding like entitled buttercups who think they can say whatever they want to, and nobody better dare to criticize by pointing out the flaw……

Predictable. I knew it. But I set it up anyway. Actually, kind of fun to watch it play out.

It’s all theater.

Boomer
Closed Thread

Tags
priest, father, great, asked, war

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.