Frozen Frosted Beer Glasses

Old 03-05-2024, 07:20 AM

I love this post! I never thought to request a different glass, honestly! I also like having a beer in a smaller glass and that's the way we drink ours at home. I plan to begin asking for a smaller glass, while out.
Frozen mugs are great for something, just not my dark beer.
Old 03-05-2024, 07:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,380 Times in 2,520 Posts

Any visitor to the UK should sample a pint of Bombardier, a truly great Bitter.
Many bitters are excellent, but a well pulled pint of 'Bomb' is magic.
And definitely not a frosted glass in sight!

PS. In Cotswold areas, a pint of Hooky, from Hook Norton Brewery, is also a very good bitter.
Old 03-05-2024, 07:44 AM

But you have to drink it out of the bottle. The non-frosted glass takes the chill out of the beer..
Old 03-05-2024, 07:54 AM
Veteran member

The beauty of this thread is that ....regardless of temperature, we all appreciate glass over aluminum :BigApplause
Old 03-05-2024, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugchief View Post
you, sir, are entitled to your opinion, even if it is jaded.
I enjoy ipas immensely. Preferably draft.
100%!
Old 03-05-2024, 08:02 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
It seems like whenever I order a bottled beer at a bar or restaurant, they bring me a 12-ounce, frozen frosted glass. So, I guess I am supposed to pour the entire bottle into the glass and be happy that they chilled the glass for me. This happens everywhere I go. Personally, I don't like large frosted glasses for drinking beer. I never drink beer that way at home. So, I have learned to specifically ask for a non-frosted, small glass instead of the large frosted type. I was just wondering if I am the only one who prefers to drink beer from a non-frosted glass.
So? They give you a non frosted when you ask. What’s the issue?
Old 03-05-2024, 08:34 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
It seems like whenever I order a bottled beer at a bar or restaurant, they bring me a 12-ounce, frozen frosted glass. So, I guess I am supposed to pour the entire bottle into the glass and be happy that they chilled the glass for me. This happens everywhere I go. Personally, I don't like large frosted glasses for drinking beer. I never drink beer that way at home. So, I have learned to specifically ask for a non-frosted, small glass instead of the large frosted type. I was just wondering if I am the only one who prefers to drink beer from a non-frosted glass.
I’m bottle feed.
Old 03-05-2024, 08:56 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,066 Times in 534 Posts

I won't drink beer out of a can. I won't drink beer out of a bottle, with a screw cap, because I don't like feeling the threads on my lips. I do drink beer out of smooth top bottles, that you need a church key to open. Corona, and other Latin and South American beers come to mind. If someone hands me a beer with a twist off, I ask for a glass.
Old 03-05-2024, 09:06 AM

Quote:
I drink my beer at room temperature. It is the best way to taste the hops.
Old 03-05-2024, 09:13 AM

Quote:
I'm the reverse. I love frosted beer mugs. I want the beer cold enough to hurt my teeth.
Old 03-05-2024, 09:20 AM
Default I evicted nothing less

Quote:
The sacrilege. A bar that wants you to enjoy the cold beer you just ordered. If I were you I wouldn’t go there anymore.
Old 03-05-2024, 10:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,739 Times in 5,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbsnarkin View Post
The sacrilege. A bar that wants you to enjoy the cold beer you just ordered. If I were you I wouldn’t go there anymore.
I'm not complaining about anything. Just observing.
Old 03-05-2024, 10:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,739 Times in 5,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlcopper View Post
So? They give you a non frosted when you ask. What’s the issue?
There is no issue.
Old 03-05-2024, 12:40 PM

If possible, I prefer to drink from the bottle.
Be kind to one another... Ephesians 4:32
Old 03-05-2024, 01:01 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,091 Times in 298 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
I guess you don't realize the purpose of chilling beer to ice cold is so you don't taste the flavor.

Serving beer at 40 degrees to 50 degrees brings out the aroma and flavor in the beer. If it doesn't taste good at that temperature then it simply doesn't taste good. Sure, you can freeze it to the point you can't taste it but that's just a little better than holding your nose and drinking fast.
Well, if it were true, I'd be able to choke down a [fill in scary name here] IPA, so long as it's served in a frozen mug. OK, if I'm being honest I've never met the beer I couldn't choke down. But the fact is, lagers taste better cold and many ales, especially English stouts, are better at room temperature. It has more to do with where and at what temperature the yeast ferments (top or bottom, cold or warm) than bitterness.

The bitterness of beer is simply the hops, which was never supposed to improve the taste, in the first place. The only reason people started using hops was that it kept the beer from going bad longer, back before refrigeration was invented. Apparently, even microscopic bacteria that don't mind the taste of pond scum draw the line at eating hops! So if you put a massive amount in your beer, you can ship it all the way from England to India in a sailboat before it has to be thrown out. That's why IPA's are called "INDIA Pale Ales".

Tags
glass, beer, frosted, drink, non-frosted

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.