Frozen Frosted Beer Glasses

Old 03-05-2024, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
There is no issue.
Yup, personal preference is what it's about. Just request your glass, frosted or not, or no glass, etc when you order. Just like some people pour their beers over a glass of ice, and some like their red wine chilled or with an ice cube. It doesn't always make sense to others, but drink it the way you best enjoy it.
Old 03-05-2024, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueblaze View Post
Why would anyone prefer want warm beer from a can when they can have nearly frozen beer from a frosty mug?
Back in the olden days of college yore the beer wouldn't have time to get cold. Many college guys would "shoot" their beers. Anyone remember that?

I'm from Wisconsin. Sorry.
Old 03-05-2024, 04:59 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMB444 View Post
Back in the olden days of college yore the beer wouldn't have time to get cold. Many college guys would "shoot" their beers. Anyone remember that?

Go Badgers!
Old 03-05-2024, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipping up to Boston View Post
Go Badgers!
Jump around!
Old 03-06-2024, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMB444 View Post

I preferred beer bongs to Shooters. More alcohol than in a can.
Old 03-06-2024, 07:45 AM
Default Bitter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueblaze View Post
Well, if it were true, I'd be able to choke down a [fill in scary name here] IPA, so long as it's served in a frozen mug. OK, if I'm being honest I've never met the beer I couldn't choke down. But the fact is, lagers taste better cold and many ales, especially English stouts, are better at room temperature. It has more to do with where and at what temperature the yeast ferments (top or bottom, cold or warm) than bitterness.

The bitterness of beer is simply the hops, which was never supposed to improve the taste, in the first place. The only reason people started using hops was that it kept the beer from going bad longer, back before refrigeration was invented. Apparently, even microscopic bacteria that don't mind the taste of pond scum draw the line at eating hops! So if you put a massive amount in your beer, you can ship it all the way from England to India in a sailboat before it has to be thrown out. That's why IPA's are called "INDIA Pale Ales".
Now *that* makes sense. I'm all for everyone being allowed their taste preferences, but I sure don't understand some of them. That "bitter" can be thought of in positive terms just doesn't register and I long ago stopped trying to choke down IPAs. No problem with a few cubes of ice also being included in said frosted mug. It *has* struck me as odd that it seems that the "second" beer seldom arrives with that frosted mug. :-) Surely it wouldn't be all for "show". . .
Old 03-06-2024, 07:55 AM
Smile

This thread validates Ben Franklin's assertion: "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
Old 03-06-2024, 08:58 AM
Default Glass

Quote:
It seems like whenever I order a bottled beer at a bar or restaurant, they bring me a 12-ounce, frozen frosted glass. So, I guess I am supposed to pour the entire bottle into the glass and be happy that they chilled the glass for me. This happens everywhere I go. Personally, I don't like large frosted glasses for drinking beer. I never drink beer that way at home. So, I have learned to specifically ask for a non-frosted, small glass instead of the large frosted type. I was just wondering if I am the only one who prefers to drink beer from a non-frosted glass.
Actually the glass is to sit on to treat your mountainous hemorrhoids
Old 03-06-2024, 09:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,544 Times in 2,589 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcats View Post
Actually the glass is to sit on to treat your mountainous hemorrhoids
Do not remember ever seeing a thread on hemorrhoids on TOTV
Could be a change from normal subjects, and quite amusing!
Old 03-06-2024, 09:08 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,140 Times in 1,361 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyK View Post
This thread validates Ben Franklin's assertion: "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
"Beer. That is what is for dinner"
Old 03-06-2024, 09:17 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,054 Times in 471 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
"Beer. That is what is for dinner"
"The Breakfast of Champions."
Old 03-06-2024, 09:18 AM
Default Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post
i drink beer warm, cold, bottles, mugs, whatever.
I just don't drink beer in the winter, its a seasonal beverage for April through October.
You are not alone, but definitely unique

Beer is a 12 month a year pleasure in Florida right out of ice cold can or bottle and always an IPA, never a **** beer like Bud or Miller .
Old 03-06-2024, 09:28 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Do not remember ever seeing a thread on hemorrhoids on TOTV
Could be a change from normal subjects, and quite amusing!
Robert Schimmel had a great bit.....’why do they call hemorrhoids hemorrhoids and asteroids asteroids....shouldn’t it be the other way around!
And if that’s the case, shouldn’t a Proctologist be an astronaut?
Old 03-06-2024, 10:44 AM

Quote:
It seems like whenever I order a bottled beer at a bar or restaurant, they bring me a 12-ounce, frozen frosted glass. So, I guess I am supposed to pour the entire bottle into the glass and be happy that they chilled the glass for me. This happens everywhere I go. Personally, I don't like large frosted glasses for drinking beer. I never drink beer that way at home. So, I have learned to specifically ask for a non-frosted, small glass instead of the large frosted type. I was just wondering if I am the only one who prefers to drink beer from a non-frosted glass.
could be!
Old 03-06-2024, 11:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,825 Times in 1,572 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtennent View Post
Seeing the boot in your message reminded me of a trip we took to Lisbon, Portugal. I ordered a beer and the waiter asked if I wanted the boot. Said sure, why not? Out came a glass boot that had to contain at least a liter of beer. Needless to say that I didn’t order a second beer!
Hahah! Probably Cinderella's gardening boot. Hope you didn't get athlete's tongue.

Tags
glass, beer, frosted, drink, non-frosted

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.